Tales Of Phantasia

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tales Of Phantasia Empty Tales Of Phantasia

SPC placeholder until MSU recording is available.

- Patch v10 - Aug/19th/21: piano theme 23 plays to end -

Tales Of Phantasia (by Conn):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/top_msu1.zip

- PCM Pack -

Arranged Tales Of Phantasia Complete (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/l3gkiKAB#AvGu0sOOV00iIyPUwGeNKtphSm_pdxQ0ScXppf-QFi8
Note: contains harvest and twilight (14th Aug 21)

PS1 Tales Of Phantasia Complete (by ThatOneSeong):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/f9oi0YKa#rLt1T_oPO7Ivx65WvFuwWWe0l_4Fyosp1JjOs06r0m4
Note: contains harvest and twilight (14th Aug 21). If you cannot extract the files, rename the extension from top_msu1-PSX.zip into top_msu1-PSX.7z, and do the extraction with 7zip.

- Track Map -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eOhK7IITQRbWvyn3l4dZ-75ZQhtGDd4nq589Le8OXtY

Note:
This patch is still beta (no playthrough has been accomplished), report bugs here.

Last edited by Relikk on Fri 22 Oct 2021 - 8:25; edited 2 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

Tales Of Phantasia Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Tales Of Phantasia :: Comments

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Conn

Post Mon 3 May 2021 - 15:20 by Conn

Before you ask, BP89, this french translation works, but needs a header. Which needs to be removed before applying the msu patch.
This is the only french patch I've been able to find:

https://traf.romhack.org/?p=patchs&pid=731

I also tested japanese, german and the english versions (dubbed and normal), no issues.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 6 May 2021 - 14:23 by Relikk

They are also very loud.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 7 May 2021 - 5:23 by Conn

It is adviseable to lower the volume of your set. Your set is incomplete, so it can only be used to use together with Relikk set, if there are huge differences in volume, it may sound strange... would you concur?
Also relikk set is perfectly adjusted to match the volume of the sfx, he's expert, so YOUR set's volume needs to match relikk set

Last edited by Conn on Fri 7 May 2021 - 7:26; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 7 May 2021 - 5:29 by Relikk

Brutapode89 wrote:If the volume of my pack is so loud, must I make sure the volume of Relikk's pack be loud like the mine?

No. The volume of yours needs to match mine, and the in-game SFX. Alter the value of your script by a few dB. Currently you RMS normalised your set at -21. It needs to be lower as they're louder than mine. Try -24 and compare again. If they're still too loud when you compare them to mine, lower the value again until they match.

If you've gone too low then raise the value. It doesn't have to be whole numbers, either. It can be in increments of 0.5dB if it needs to be, for fine tuning.

There is a sound test menu in-game you can use to compare between the original tracks not being replaced by your set, or you can use foobar2000 and qwertymodo's PCM plugin to compare between the files by listening.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 7 May 2021 - 8:32 by Conn

You can give whatever value, you can also use 2 times -21db on your set. Just TEST the volume in the game to see whether they match relikk volume AND that SFX can be heard

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Fri 7 May 2021 - 11:34 by JUD6MENT

Relikk wrote:
Brutapode89 wrote:If the volume of my pack is so loud, must I make sure the volume of Relikk's pack be loud like the mine?

No. The volume of yours needs to match mine, and the in-game SFX. Alter the value of your script by a few dB. Currently you RMS normalised your set at -21. It needs to be lower as they're louder than mine. Try -24 and compare again. If they're still too loud when you compare them to mine, lower the value again until they match.

If you've gone too low then raise the value. It doesn't have to be whole numbers, either. It can be in increments of 0.5dB if it needs to be, for fine tuning.

There is a sound test menu in-game you can use to compare between the original tracks not being replaced by your set, or you can use foobar2000 and qwertymodo's PCM plugin to compare between the files by listening.

I actually did not know you can use decimals, but that should have been obvious to me. Cool to learn, i will keep that in mind.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 7 May 2021 - 13:45 by Conn

I actually did not know you can use decimals, but that should have been obvious to me. Cool to learn, i will keep that in mind.
Unfortunately it won't. I just tested with 21.5 and it crashes. Unfortunately, I also accidently deleted my edited source file, where I converted insidious' script into an exe and let you input your value. Therefore I cannot tell if just a change from int -> float may enable this, or if it there is a problem with a subscript, too... like normalize.exe or so.

Also note that decibel is on a logarithmic scale. Means the difference between -10 and -15 db is much higher than e.g., between -20 and -25:
Tales Of Phantasia Img9510

Last edited by Conn on Fri 7 May 2021 - 14:34; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 7 May 2021 - 13:52 by Relikk

JUD6MENT wrote:I actually did not know you can use decimals, but that should have been obvious to me. Cool to learn, i will keep that in mind.
Conn wrote:

Unfortunately it won't. I just tested with 21.5 and it crashes.

There was another normalise program that was linked here that I was referring to that does, but only for WAV files.

http://normalize.nongnu.org/

Create a batch file, drag and drop your WAV's onto it.

Code:
cd %~dp0
FOR %%A IN (%*) DO normalize -a -21dBFS %%A
pause

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 9 May 2021 - 12:38 by Relikk

Better, but still a couple of dB louder than mine, and the unevenness of the RMS normalisation makes some tracks way louder than they need to be (track 18, for example. Whereas track 30 is fine). Do a little more fine tuning and you should be good to go. Don't be afraid to run single tracks through the script at different values.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 9 May 2021 - 12:59 by Relikk

Did you listen to them to compare?

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 4 Jul 2021 - 21:48 by darthvaderx

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 8 Jul 2021 - 13:15 by Conn

@darthvaderx,
If you want me to place your pack at the first post let me know please, maybe also with a name label (orchestra or whatever)

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 8 Jul 2021 - 13:21 by darthvaderx

Conn wrote:@darthvaderx,
If you want me to place your pack at the first post let me know please, maybe also with a name label (orchestra or whatever)

This pack is simply the work of Brutapode39 with the tracks normalized by me.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 8 Jul 2021 - 17:48 by Conn

This pack is simply the work of Brutapode89 with the tracks normalized by me.
No objection to put it on first post, so it gets more interest, however it looks a bit incomplete (27 vs 74 tracks). (vs means versus, brutapodes pack has only 27 tracks, while Relikk has 74 tracks.
I'd rather like to update with a complete set though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 8 Jul 2021 - 18:09 by darthvaderx

Conn wrote:
This pack is simply the work of Brutapode89 with the tracks normalized by me.
No objection to put it on first post, so it gets more interest, however it looks a bit incomplete (27 vs 74 tracks). (vs means versus, brutapodes pack has only 27 tracks, while Relikk has 74 tracks.
I'd rather like to update with a complete set though Smile

No no, by no means am I asking to put this set in the first post, it turns out that Brutapode39 presented alternative tracks to be used precisely with the Relikk set, but people here were complaining that this version was too loud in comparison with the original, so I normalized it myself so that one matched the other. Now it's up to Brutapode89 itself whether to use them or not, OK?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next