Tales Of Phantasia

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tales Of Phantasia - Page 2 Empty Tales Of Phantasia

SPC placeholder until MSU recording is available.

- Patch v10 - Aug/19th/21: piano theme 23 plays to end -

Tales Of Phantasia (by Conn):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/top_msu1.zip

- PCM Pack -

Arranged Tales Of Phantasia Complete (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/l3gkiKAB#AvGu0sOOV00iIyPUwGeNKtphSm_pdxQ0ScXppf-QFi8
Note: contains harvest and twilight (14th Aug 21)

PS1 Tales Of Phantasia Complete (by ThatOneSeong):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/f9oi0YKa#rLt1T_oPO7Ivx65WvFuwWWe0l_4Fyosp1JjOs06r0m4
Note: contains harvest and twilight (14th Aug 21). If you cannot extract the files, rename the extension from top_msu1-PSX.zip into top_msu1-PSX.7z, and do the extraction with 7zip.

- Track Map -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eOhK7IITQRbWvyn3l4dZ-75ZQhtGDd4nq589Le8OXtY

Note:
This patch is still beta (no playthrough has been accomplished), report bugs here.

Last edited by Relikk on Fri 22 Oct 2021 - 8:25; edited 2 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

Tales Of Phantasia - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Tales Of Phantasia :: Comments

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Conn

Post Fri 9 Jul 2021 - 2:07 by Conn

ok, added to track swap list

Back to top Go down

ThatOneSeong

Post Thu 12 Aug 2021 - 12:05 by ThatOneSeong

This isn't exactly an arrangement or necessarily CD-quality, but I felt it appropriate for the casual playthrough I'm doing to use the PS1 soundtrack. Used the PSFs directly since the OST release (20th anniversary is what I have) is too peak'y for my tastes. Normalized so it won't overpower game sounds at any point, it fits well as an upgrade while not necessarily sounding out of place.
Also, because of reasons (dat encounter rate), I put in some replacement tracks to break up the monotony, mainly derived from other Tales games that just happened to work well in some scenes. The 'Bonus' subdir has more info on that; it's not necessarily drop-in replacements.

PS1 pack here.

On that note, I wanted to call attention to the patch a bit, because I've found some issues stemming from it. Notably:

- Sea ambience tracks (but not the sounds) are inexplicably muted. This accounts for Beladum, West (Demetel) & North (Undine) Cavern Harbors, and the first ship to Alvanista.
- Finishing the Sprint Kid races in Alvanista will not play the city music until the player leaves, moves to the bar, or sleeps at the inn.

I've also chosen not to replace "Field of Sunset," as only the ambience track index is shown and I felt it appropriate enough not to override as it was. The SFC original (i.e. this one) has a stinger ending in the scene that it plays in, but the PS1 remake only uses the ambient track then cuts to reusing "Defiance" for the rest of it.

It should be noted that the two outlier tracks, "Lonely Twilight" and "Harvest Festival," both have a commonality; they're both event themes in Present and Past eras Euclid (respectively) that the main town theme is supposed to seamlessly duck beneath. Twilight is played around the clown in 1st Act/Present Euclid's central square, and Festival is around the performance troupe in 2nd Act/Past Euclid's northern-central area, right outside of Klarth's house.

I've provided save files for both eras; pick the save already highlighted in the load screen. They are generated from the Snes9x core in RetroArch, but also works in the BSNES core.

SNES Phantasia saves here.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 12 Aug 2021 - 13:24 by Conn

Much thanks for your contribution, a short check of your set revealed that top_msu1-18.pcm: Field Of Sunset
is missing. I am not sure how important this theme is, but before I put your post into the first post, I'd like to know whether you add it (you could take it from Relikk arranged set) or leave it spc fallback?

Back to top Go down

ThatOneSeong

Post Thu 12 Aug 2021 - 13:28 by ThatOneSeong

Conn wrote:Much thanks for your contribution, a short check of your set revealed that top_msu1-18.pcm: Field Of Sunset
is missing. I am not sure how important this theme is, but before I put your post into the first post, I'd like to know whether you add it (you could take it from Relikk arranged set) or leave it spc fallback?

Read the rest of my post;
I've also chosen not to replace "Field of Sunset," as only the ambience track index is shown and I felt it appropriate enough not to override as it was. The SFC original (i.e. this one) has a stinger ending in the scene that it plays in, but the PS1 remake only uses the ambient track then cuts to reusing "Defiance" for the rest of it.

It's an SPC fallback. As the patch is/how that track functions in-game, I can't replace it without it affecting the intended emotion of the scene. Though I suppose it is subjective, really.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 12 Aug 2021 - 14:16 by Conn

I see. Much thanks for your savestates. I will try to map the themes harvest and twilight. It may take a bit though (2 exams next week)

Let's say I make festival 78 and twilight 79. If you have time you can update your ps1 pcm files already Wink

Back to top Go down

ThatOneSeong

Post Thu 12 Aug 2021 - 16:33 by ThatOneSeong

Already done, assuming your proposed order is correct. (Also corrected an erroneous mislabeling for Ridge Racer and Piano Lesson 6)

Updated link.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 13 Aug 2021 - 13:18 by Conn

I added your archive to the first post, but after downloading it, it appears corrupt. Dunno if it is my side problem only or global.

The new patch is in testing.

Back to top Go down

ThatOneSeong

Post Fri 13 Aug 2021 - 13:31 by ThatOneSeong

The MEGA archive downloads, reads, and extracts just fine on my end. Make sure you have a stable connection and using a relatively recent 7-Zip (used for archiving).

Let me know when the patch is in a good state to be tested.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 13 Aug 2021 - 17:11 by Conn

I use Zelda dummy pcm in the meanwhile, try to dl later. I have busy days and this little feature is incredibly hard Sad

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 13 Aug 2021 - 18:22 by Conn

I know now what the problem with your file is. It is a .zip but packed with 7zip. If I rename the file extension from top_msu1-PSX.zip to top_msu1-PSX.7z I can get the files using 7zip.

Can you rename your file somehow so that 7zip opens it rather than the default windows zip?

I made progress, only a small bug left: when you sneak to the music change (wait until the music faded out and move forward), there will be no track change. This is little effect, I may try it tomorrow (it's tricky as hell, trust me if I say this), but here is already the preliminiary patch to test

Last edited by Conn on Fri 13 Aug 2021 - 19:25; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 13 Aug 2021 - 19:25 by Conn

Ok, I am finished as best I was able to, and fixed above bug

- Patch v9 -

The rest is now to keep the pcm up to date Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 14 Aug 2021 - 5:55 by Conn

Ok, patch updated, relikk set updated, ThatOneSeong set updated (with remark to rename the extension from zip zo 7zip).

Only the Narikiri Dungeon X track swaps misses it, but I have a spc fallback to the previous theme built in, so they continue to hear town music if not updated.

Back to top Go down

ThatOneSeong

Post Thu 19 Aug 2021 - 1:56 by ThatOneSeong

Just tried the updated patch, sounds like an effective workaround for the earlier scenario with music ducking.

There is a bug I've noticed, though; inserting an override for Sakuraba Solo (track 23) causes the scene to break and end early - only one second plays before it stops. It'll only work with the fallback.

The scene in question is in the Past/Act 2, Alvanista's bar, by talking to the tender that the player gets the Cave/Gallery Permit from.

It's a small one, but hopefully there's a fix for this? My only alternative would be to simply dummy out the file instead so it falls back, like Field of Sunset.

Saves and State (use with RetroArch w/ Snes9x)

EDIT: As a result of the above change, the link has been updated to reflect this. Updated patch.

While you're at it, might be good to remove the reference to the 'missing' tracks since they're now implemented. I'll be finishing up my playthrough soon enough and it's been rather well, save for the aforementioned issues I've mentioned in this thread.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 19 Aug 2021 - 2:40 by Conn

I deleted in first post the harvest/twilight stuff, thanks - I've forgotten.
I will not post your updated patch set yet, I will first try if I can solve it. It is the scene when you are at the inn and sleep right?
Ok I found him by going inside the pharmacy to the right... I'd ask you to please give a better description what to do to find buggy stuff. I'll look into it

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 19 Aug 2021 - 10:37 by Conn

Ok, try this:
- Patch v10 - Aug/19th/21: piano theme 23 plays to end -

Code:

-----------------------------------------
Be careful that the patch is from today (19th August and the size is 1.23kB.
It happened before that browsers like firefox use a download from the browser history instead the updated file. In this case clear browser history and download again.

----------------------------------------
If it works, your above posted set with top_msu1-23_broken.pcm can be discarded, right? No need to update first post?

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2