Project-Nested

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Project-Nested - Page 3 Empty Re: Project-Nested

Post by Conn Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 18:15

Good news, I fixed the places where it is supposed to be mute (also zelda at the end), and the distorted sfx. Pev will update the patch soon, stay tuned ;O)
Conn
Conn

Project-Nested - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 18:41

Brutapode89 wrote:Great!! Very Happy Is Snes9x is specially recommended?
This last optimizations and Conn's latest v3 fixes should run great on all platforms. I am almost done with the game using real hardware with no crashing. I expect the same on the emulation front. Conn is awesome.

pev

Project-Nested - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by D2DEZEL Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 19:02

Well done Conn and
Pepillopev, on my side for the moment no problem on my sd2snes the settings you have given seem to work well

here is the beta cover

Project-Nested - Page 3 Snes_p10
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2018-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 19:28

BP, looks really nice Wink

Patch V3 is released by pev:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bO7fIKnwgKBznTVSYtuSfPpipau1rbRB/view?usp=sharing

I think the MSU works now... Fingers crossed. The remaining stuff like short stock ROM music pops in or spc played during dying menu is ok, I wouldn't know how to fix. When trying V3 in a savestate before Ganon, it happened that the triforce holding up theme didn't play. I couldn't reproduce when playing there a second time, but some testing should be performed nevertheless.

Then... Let's hope for a 1.4 pnn, the profile makes it Crash not as often but there are slowdowns
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by D2DEZEL Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 19:35

new crash on snes9x
vram problem

Project-Nested - Page 3 Captur14

Last edited by D2DEZEL on Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 19:43; edited 1 time in total
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by D2DEZEL Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 19:41

Brutapode89 wrote:Me, I made the Project-Nested logo like that...
Project-Nested - Page 3 Projec11
...but I think the logo made by D2DEZEL is better.

And I made covers like that.
Project-Nested - Page 3 The_le22

Project-Nested - Page 3 The_le23

We can merge them Very Happy

Project-Nested - Page 3 Snes_p11

Project-Nested - Page 3 Snes_u10

Last edited by D2DEZEL on Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 19:57; edited 1 time in total
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 19:42

Hmmm.... Will need to look into getting a FF1 ROM converted so someone (Conn? Pev?) can see if it can be MSUed too!

edale

Project-Nested - Page 3 Image110

Since : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 19:50

D2DEZEL wrote:new crash on snes9x
vram problem
You will need to follow step 5 in the instructions. I have a suspicion that the SRM is unique to your personal console or emulator settings. What works for me, may not for you. So my take on this, generate your own profile from your SRM file and see if it helps you out. I would need to bring this up to Myself and see if this is the case.

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 19:55; edited 1 time in total

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 19:53

edale wrote:Hmmm.... Will need to look into getting a FF1 ROM converted so someone (Conn? Pev?) can see if it can be MSUed too!
There is a dialogue box glitch/crash issue for FF1 at the moment. From reading notes, if too many dialogue boxes are changing, game will crash. As Project-Nested improves and becomes even more stable, I have no doubt NES MSU-1 will be more common place Wink. Time will tell.

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 19:57; edited 1 time in total

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 19:55

pepillopev wrote:There is a dialogue box glitch/crash issue for FF1 at the moment. From reading notes, if too many dialogue boxes are changing, game will crash. As Project-Nested improves and becomes even more stable, I have no doubt NES MSU-1 will be more common place Wink. Time will tell.
"[ff:d6b6] = a5 1b 02 03 ea ea ea ea ea"
That's the patch to fix that issue, if the compatibility spreadsheet is to be believed.
It's listed as fully playable.

Last edited by edale on Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 20:32; edited 1 time in total

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 20:02

edale wrote:[ff] = a5 1b 02 03 ea ea ea ea ea"
That's the patch to fix that issue, if the compatibility spreadsheet is to be believed.
It's listed as fully playable.
From what was witnessed with Zelda (and it was in green too), I would recommend verifying stability for yourself. I take the compatibility chart with a grain of salt at this point in the game.

Now, for MSU'ing this game. I will respectfully withdraw from any attempt on my end. I have no patience when dealing with RPGs.

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 20:15; edited 1 time in total

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 20:08

I posted the question regarding the Step 5 "SRM method". Basically, just asked about my suspicion if a SRM profile made by one can benefit other users.

https://github.com/Myself086/Project-Nested/issues/14

Update: Myself086's response...
Project-Nested - Page 3 2021-013

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Myself086 Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 20:29

pepillopev wrote:
edale wrote:Hmmm.... Will need to look into getting a FF1 ROM converted so someone (Conn? Pev?) can see if it can be MSUed too!
There is a dialogue box glitch/crash issue for FF1 at the moment. From reading notes, if too many dialogue boxes are changing, game will crash. As Project-Nested improves and becomes even more stable, I have no doubt NES MSU-1 will be more common place Wink. Time will tell.
No, it's a room entry crash because the stack can't wrap. Dialog boxes are a different issue.

edale wrote:[ff] = a5 1b 02 03 ea ea ea ea ea
Address didn't copy properly
[ff:d6b6] = a5 1b 02 03 ea ea ea ea ea

Myself086
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2021-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Myself086 Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 21:13

Brutapode89 wrote:If Project-Nested improves and becomes even more stable, games in the red like in other colors will work without crash?
Yes, expect more games to be playable in v1.4 or at least improve from previous version. But don't expect every game to become playable, some require patching and others may be blacklisted.

v1.2 had about 51% red iirc but now it's down to 28.1%.

For example, I tested Galaga on the upcoming version (red in v1.3) and I was unable to find a crash. Another example is Zelda 2 which received some improvement but won't be playable in v1.4.

The "Out of Memory" error will happen a lot less frequently in the next version, something that I've been working on in the past few days.

The somewhat rare BRK crash that you guys were having is a bug exclusive to v1.3 (iirc) but will be fixed in v1.4. There may be something else I'm missing but Zelda ran without crash when Fathlo23 beat it, that was about a year before v1.0 though.

Myself086
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 21:24

Hmmm...Well, things WERE working great with FF1, right up until everything broke.

For some reason, despite me getting through everything up the the point the bridge was built with no problems at all, suddenly every time I exit the 'start' menu, the background completely blacks out, and only the spites are displayed. Even deleting all the config stuff, using the exact same settings I had before, and using a fresh copy of project nested I can't do anything to get rid of the issue now...

*edit- figured the problem out, somehow a snes9x .cht fine got added with an active code... despite me not touching the cheat tools... deleting the file fixed it.

*edit2- attached the project nested profile for converting FF1 (it already has the dialog box patch). I've gotten through the entire beginning of the game, up to after the credits that roll the first time you cross the bridge (but before actually going to the next town), in one sitting without a single crash.
Attachments
Project-Nested - Page 3 Attachment
Final Fantasy (U) [!].txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(7 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 22:31

Brutapode89 wrote:If never you plan to make FF1 into MSU-1, there's a PCM pack in my first post of  this thread Wink
Best I can do is get the project nested profile as perfect as possible before one of the ASM hackers does their magic to MSU the game.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 30 Jul 2021 - 5:22

Hmmm.... Will need to look into getting a FF1 ROM converted so someone (Conn? Pev?) can see if it can be MSUed too!
I am out. Only rom I ever want to see is Zelda 2 Adventure of Link (our name is ZELDix). But it is marked orange, so I wait for PNN v1.4 before making any attemts

One problem with my v3 patch is the select pause mute, I fixed it and gave it to Pev to test. Pev will let you know when you can dl v4. Otherwise all seems to be good now Very Happy

By the way, to avoid crashes until pnn 1.4 is available, myself086 suggested to use pnn 1.2 which is more stable at Zelda
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Myself086 Fri 30 Jul 2021 - 17:38

Brutapode89 wrote:For a year now that Project-Nested is released and it's still the beginning. Gradually, more NES games will works on SNES Wink
It was released in mid 2020 but in development since mid 2018. It's a slow and fun ride Wink

Myself086
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next