Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee Empty Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee

Post by Conn Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 16:07

I gave it a short shot to get Euclid's code to have up to 9999 rupees into 24 items menu. So far it works...
Can somebody test it?

Important is that both bombs and arrows work with limit restriction (I think 50 bombs and 70 arrows are enough, so I won't hack it to increase them to 99).
Also the rupee uptake beyond 999 to 9999 is needed to be tested.
7e/f360-e6
7e/f361-03 (give you together 998 rupees)

7e/f360-0e
7e/f361-27 (give you together 9998 rupees)

Important are really arrows and bombs to test if they somehow are affected, and the rest, buying something or whatever.
Could also make a pu port if requested, SePH Wink

Version 2: shifted hearts, magic to left
Version 3: added 1/2 magic meter marker and native menu version
v3: added possibility for a further upgrade

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/4digit_rupee.zip

one problem I see is that the arrows, bombs must be shifted to the right, but also with keys in dungeons... anything else I need to be aware of?
Edit: ah this is a problem... the keys e.g. are made invisible in a second step so if I shift them they get visible. Maybe it works by shifting the HC's to the left.

Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee 24-ite11

Edit: managed to move heart and magic to the left in v2:
Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee 24_dig10

Edit: magic meter marker in v3:
Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee 24_dig11

Last edited by Conn on Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 17:25; edited 2 times in total
Conn
Conn

Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee Empty Re: Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee

Post by Erockbrox Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 2:46

You know I've always wondered why bombs and arrows out of all of the items you can have in Zelda 3 are the ones that you get a finite amount of them. Well I guess the items that use magic also force the player to only have a limited amount of them as well because you will eventually run out of magic.

I know this sounds crazy, but why not just get rid of the magic meter and just give the player infinite magic?

Why not just get rid of the hud bomb and arrow display and have infinite amount of bombs and an infinite amount of arrows and then have more room in your hud?

Or get rid of the bomb and arrow counter on the hud and just let it take away magic?

Or remember how in Zelda 1 NES how your rupee counter decreased whenever you shot an arrow? Maybe make a small hack that does that. I'm just throwing out ideas here. Let me know what you think. Smile
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 8:31

I know this sounds crazy, but why not just get rid of the magic meter and just give the player infinite magic?
That's already more or less implemented by Euclid's auto-refill. Perfect restriction, otherwise the game would be boring being e.g., able to use the rods all time.

For now I see no point increasing the max amount of bombs and arrows to 99 or even make a 3rd digit (70, or 50 are enough). If anybody is going to renounce on the upgrade pond, here's the code to have the maximum carrying capacity from start:
Code:
LDA #$0707      ; the first 07 is the maximum carrying capacity of arrows (70) the second 07 of bombs (50) in case you renounce on the wishing pond
STA $700370,x 
hehe* think I stired enough in that rom for a while. Coupling the arrows on rupee or magic is possible, but you'd need to disable more things like getting arrows from pots and so. I think I don't want to renounce on this.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 10:19

I've tested the 4digit rupee code, and everything seems to be in order. Max for rupees is 9999 (the number goes up and down normally, when collecting/buying), the same for bombs, max is 50, and for arrows, max is 70.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 10:25

perfect, thanks Smile

Any idea for native Zelda? It's hard to make place here due to the vertical magic bar. If it were me, I'd renounce on this and make the hack available only for 24 items menu. What do you think? Do you think here's any project sticking to the old menu or do all have the 24 menu implemented?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 10:45

I think everyone is using the new HUD. Even the old GoT which had the Alttp menu, had the new HUD, since it looks better. So I would make this for the new HUD only. Also, I know a lot of players who think that the 9999, is "to much, or more than you can spend" for PW. So based on their reviews it seems logical if we can also limit this number to something less, like 5000.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 11:02

No problem:
go to
06/dbec: 10 27; reversed 27 10, dec=10,000
06/dbf1: 0f 27; reversed 27 0f, dec=9,999

The first is the check if you reached the maximum (10,000), then the second is stored (9,999) so that you can't collect more. You can write whichever value you like.

I just try what I can do with the menu. Say, has the 24 items menu a sort of 1/2 magic marker? I didn't shift it in case there is one.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 12:06

Thanks for the info.

The 24 item menu which we now have, has no 1/2 magic marker. This was fixed in Parallel Worlds menu. However, the 1/2 magic is where the Goldpotion is now (in the menu). So I don't know, where this marker could fit in.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 13:53

I managed to make it useable for native menu and added a magic meter marker (needs to be coupled with this hack since it shifts the magic meter - otherwise I'd need 2 versions).
Please redownload v3 and please test it (bin included).

When you give your ok, I hand it over to the single hacks Smile
In case it works flawlessly you may want to update your all-in rom with this hack and the feather v18 (please use the featherfix (included in the updated feather zip file) in case you use that rom with feather v13 preapplied).

Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee 24_dig11
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 16:13

Am I the only one here that likes the idea of having 99 bombs and 99 arrows? I think its a great idea.

Also Gamemakr and I talked about the 1/2 magic indicator and we both agreed that it should really read 2X and not 1/2.

When I was a kid I always got confused and thought that I had half the magic than I used to have like as if it were a downgrade.

What are your thoughts?
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 16:26

I only give the basics. You are free to make anything out of it you like (the bin is included and I'm sure you can edit it). You can even have a 1/4 magic by 7e/f37b-02 (get it somewhere, another well or whatever and alter at 06/b030 to display a x4 tile then).
Euclid has made this in PU and I think in PW as well, so ask him for asm help if you like to have it.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 16:42

I've tested the new version and it looks fine. Erock, you can edit the 1/2 into x2 or 2x in the bin. The 1/2 is there, since the bat tells you, that your magic will drop by half (which means you have double magic).

Just a suggestion. I was just thinking if it is possible to center the rupees ontop digits. Basically this would mean loading another tile (like the 1/2) into the area just right of the current rupee. The current one is then drawn half and the other tile is another half (similar to bombs).

Another suggestion. In GoW I was constructing the last big ice dungeon and wanted to have 12 keys, but I could only insert 9. Is it possible to increase the keys to 2 digits with the 20 as max, and center the key icon above. Of course it is not necessary to do this, since I know keys are somewhat complex, since they are only in dungeons.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 17:22

Thanks a lot for testing!
It's getting a bit too much for me for now with all requests, sorry... if you can, you surely can edit everything as you like (you can use the rest of the silver arrow tiles).

I now updated the files to version4 and used the tiles from silver arrow instead. If anybody gets Euclid's asm or add another bat to increase magic energy to 1/4 (by 7e/f37b-02) the tiles are already there:

As you can see I use x2,x3 now. A x4 was not possible to display with the limited space.

Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee 24_4di10
Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee 24_4di11
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 19:09

Meanwhile I was able to center the rupee.

Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee Centered%20%281%29

You can also go with the double rupee

Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee Centered%20%282%29

Will post the code tomorrow.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:47

Great that you were able to help yourself Smile
As for the keys... I think that's connected with some more problems (e.g., they are covered by a transparent tile on the overworld. I think the better solution is to have some locked door prior to reaching 10 keys.

I will add your 2 part rupee to the hack then and will write which values need to be changed (should be 6 bytes to be altered, so there's no need to make a ips out of it).

I will develop a hack that you get the x3 magic upgrade with the fat fairy when throwing your pouch into.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:55

I love the centered rupee and the x2 on the magic meter.

Awesome work guys!!!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 8:37

Since this is a minor fix, I think it is best to post it as a hex code as an update to the already existing ips.

6B030, centered rupee
A9 7A 3C 8F 1E C7 7E AF 7B F3 7E 29 FF 00 C9 01 00 F0 01 60 A9 51 28 8F 86 C7 7E 60

What happened at 6B030 is that one block is loaded first (7 bytes) prior to the actual code for the half (double) magic indicator. The second byte will then load any new tile, on the spot right from the current rupee. 7A is a gfx coordinate, unused in 24 item menu, but you can choose any free one between 00 and FF.

The gfx is adopted, so that the current rupee is redrawn to half and the 7A position has a second half. This is easy doable in yy-chr, since it has a shift option. Since this is 8 bit, press the "shift to the right" button 4 times on the current rupee gfx. Then copy paste this from A8 to 7A coordinate. Finaly erase (fill with transparent) the left side on A8 and the right side on 7A coordinate, and you should get the lower picture.

Playtest needed for 4 digits rupee Centered
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 10:04

I'll check it out Smile
Meanwhile you can test the code to have x3 magic when throwing the powder pouch into fat fairies pond:

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/x3magic.zip

It should switch from x2 to x3 marker and the meter drop is reduced even more.

Edit:
I used a different technique. I replaced the SILVER with the second rupee tile and used another place to load the correct tile (directly from rom data access at 06/fe93: a8 3c (first half) 7a 3d (second half) from Silver.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 12:11

The final version of the 4 digit rupee with the x3 magic works nice. The previous versions had some flaws, but this one is ok. Because it actually loads the x3 after dropping the powder in, and the force boomerang and goldstar can not be thrown in. The new tiles to be loaded are at the same place in a row, which is also better, than the previous solution.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 12:38

Perfect :)I just posted the new magic upgrade to single hacks.

It's only the thing that those 3 hacks now make a unity:
(1)goldenstar/force boomerang
(2)4 digit rupee - adds meter marker (needs to be added in this hack since the meter gets shifted)
(3)Magic meter upgrade: fixes fairy pond for goldenstar, uses marker from 4 digit rupee.

Ah well. I am sure all people use all 3 hacks and the order in which you apply one doesn't matter. One time I can combine them if wished.

Until then I hope you can update the complete menu hack; this is really user-friendly Smile
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 15:47

Updated the single hacks, the 24 item menu hack with fixes.

Update (Version-5). Added the feather-v18, the Goldpotion (updated), the 4-digit rupee patch and the x3 magic patch.

Seeing this All in one menu/HUD hack really shows how much was done, that affects the menu or HUD.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 16:28

Let's see... shovel with digging, pegasus, feather, goldpotion, force boomerang, goldstar, L3 magic... did I forget anything? We are crowded. And if we'll get a bomb upgrade...awesome!

Thanks for the update! However, the included prepatched roms are both not updated... could you provide them updated as well? It's a pain for me to work with zcompress (header, finding addresses), so if you could provide those as well would be more than awesome!

Edit: Just found a bug with the shovel: the 24 items version subfolder contains now a flute_fix.ips to prevent the flute dig up infinitive times (shovel isn't replaced anymore to prevent this, address used for bugfix is 0d/1be0 before the gold potion code). PW flute is obtainable in a chest so no problem here. I already fixed this in PU together with the digable seed (so doesn't concern you SePH) but forgot about this version. Sorry.

If you plan to make acquire the flute out of a chest, there's no need to apply this patch (but you can).
In this case you may set a tree or something else not dig-able on the native flute location.

Zip: http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/pw_shovel.zip
Find the flute_fix.ips in the subfolder for 24 items menu. Please update your all-in menu with this hack as well.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapharan Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 11:03

Could You please uplad the 4-digit rupee counter alone? Your links does not work anymore.
Sapharan
Sapharan
Newcomer

Since : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 15:01

It is not that easy. The code for 4 digit rupee was done in such a way, so you can not use it separately. Because of the HUD coordinates, you need to apply the 24 item menu ASM first. This ASM changes the Menu and Hud.

The 4 digit rupee is then adopted to this new Hud and new gfx order. It also works in a combination with the 3x magic.

I can post this ASM if you like, but remember this is a pack of ASM codes, that will not work if they are separated. And after the ASM is applied, GFX changes are necessary to fix everything on the new Menu and Hud.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapharan Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 16:46

I have to be honest, that I have absolutely no experience with hacking any roms using asm etc. I only need that stuff to have fun, to play the game. If that would be possible for you, to get all this needed stuff together as an ips patch, so I can apply it and play the game, then I would be very glad for that. I loved playing Parallel Worlds, with the 4 digit counter, I would love to play with it also in vanilla ALttP.
Sapharan
Sapharan
Newcomer

Since : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next