Mega Man: The Wily Wars (MD+)

Go down

Mega Man: The Wily Wars (MD+) Empty Mega Man: The Wily Wars (MD+)

-  MD+ Patch  -

Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LFhUr-klYXFN4fhsebJ9p9NqivUOILea

-  MD+ Audio Packs  -

Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski Guitar Playthrough Arranged (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/16ABzSyJ#ifTc4TL9-h1fio4UwyzbYt4hv1OiWuS7Jcz9DdvGxNs

Original NES Versions (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/8yJCURKB#frP4Ha1Jq7Y77L-QwgwvllWDq-F0oKaZlP0JwUqm3-c

Please consider supporting Krzysztof if you like his work at https://krzysztofslowikowski.bandcamp.com/

Last edited by Relikk on Thu 28 Jul 2022 - 4:10; edited 1 time in total
Relikk
Relikk

Mega Man: The Wily Wars (MD+) Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Mega Man: The Wily Wars (MD+) :: Comments

Polargames

Post Tue 26 Jul 2022 - 13:44 by Polargames

Wasn't this posted before? I could of sworn it had.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 26 Jul 2022 - 13:45 by Relikk

Nope. Someone was looking for an MSU-MD version.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 26 Jul 2022 - 13:53 by Polargames

Relikk wrote:Nope. Someone was looking for an MSU-MD version.

Oh, my bad I thought it was. Silly me Cool We have so many patches, it's hard to keep track. Lol. Great Job on it though 😊

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 27 Jul 2022 - 15:19 by GeneralMorden

Hello,

i enjoy this new version of the game. Thank you!! One little problem. The Retrobit-Version of Wily Wars does not create a srm file on the MegaSD when saving like the Mega Drive Mini Version does. Could be a side effect of the MD+ patch?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 27 Jul 2022 - 16:20 by Relikk

GeneralMorden wrote:Hello,

i enjoy this new version of the game. Thank you!! One little problem. The Retrobit-Version of Wily Wars does not create a srm file on the MegaSD when saving like the Mega Drive Mini Version does. Could be a side effect of the MD+ patch?

The stock Retro-Bit ROM doesn't save on the MegaSD, either. The stock Genesis Mini ROM does save. We're seeing that the Retro-Bit version has references to the Mottzilla SRAM fix, also.

Back to top Go down

Nicholas

Post Wed 27 Jul 2022 - 17:46 by Nicholas

Is there any way to have the patch made for the Genesis Mini and Japanese releases?

I'm sorry. But the Retro-Bit release honestly feels like a cheap reproduction from existing hacks. There's no way they could've manufactured serial EEPROM chips for each cartridge like the original releases of the game. The speed fixes also aren't true to the original releases of this game, even if you wanted to make them more NES styled. Also, some people like myself prefer the EEPROM save type over the SRAM hacks. Flash cartridges are perfectly capable of handling this save type now.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 27 Jul 2022 - 18:02 by pev

@ToAll Until a MegaSD firmware fix is rolled out for Retro-Bit Mega Man Wily Wars ROM SRAM issue. Please create a config file using the same name as your patched ROM with a text editor. Inside this file put this information.

Code:
Mapper=08
SRamAddr=200001
SRamSize=80000000
SaveBackup=1

Save it and give the CFG file the same name as your patched ROM. Place the CFG file in the same folder as your patched MD+ ROM. Thanks to @bumfacekilla for the fix over at the TerraOnion Discord channel.

UPDATE: Relikk will add this config file along with the patch soon.

Last edited by pepillopev on Wed 27 Jul 2022 - 19:03; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 27 Jul 2022 - 18:11 by pev

Nicholas wrote:Also, some people like myself prefer the EEPROM save type over the SRAM hacks. Flash cartridges are perfectly capable of handling this save type now.
Both Jap and Retro-Bit show the same save type and mapper information (well with the patch in place, of course). There is definitely something going on with the MegaSD as it stands. @bumfacekilla over at the TerraOnion Discord makes mention of this.

I am glad he suggested the temporary fix on this issue. A save is a save regardless on how it is implemented. It only matters if you have a physical collector's cart. In this case, many of us use flash carts and do not care what type of save method it uses. As long as it saves.

@RetroPlay The Retro-Bit works fine in emulators, both stock and MD+ version. Your posted suggestion only applies to the other ROM variant. This will not help MegaSD users using the Retro-Bit MD+ patch. I removed any reference to that ROM variant. Feel free to post elsewhere, just not here.

Back to top Go down

Nicholas

Post Wed 27 Jul 2022 - 18:43 by Nicholas

Well, I still want to play the Japanese version as released with everything untampered. I also feel like the Wily Tower tracks will eventually get a decent arrangement.

I wanted to try using the patch with that version but it seems the bps file format restricts me from doing so like usual. Too lazy and I don't have time to port over to that region myself. Maybe I can try comparing with hex editing and post a patch if I'm successful when I get some time.

Sorry. Thanks again guys.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 27 Jul 2022 - 20:15 by GeneralMorden

pepillopev wrote:@ToAll Until a MegaSD firmware fix is rolled out for Retro-Bit Mega Man Wily Wars ROM SRAM issue. Please create a config file using the same name as your patched ROM with a text editor. Inside this file put this information.

Code:
Mapper=08
SRamAddr=200001
SRamSize=80000000
SaveBackup=1

Save it and give the CFG file the same name as your patched ROM. Place the CFG file in the same folder as your patched MD+ ROM. Thanks to @bumfacekilla for the fix over at the TerraOnion Discord channel.

UPDATE: Relikk will add this config file along with the patch soon.

Thanks for this fix!!

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 28 Jul 2022 - 4:11 by Relikk

Patch link updated that includes the CFG file for MegaSD users.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Aug 2022 - 12:52 by Neito

How do I replace the music I tried to replace the music in crash man theme but it came out wrong.

Update: I found out how to get the music working. I am now creating my own audiopack.

Update: My Pack is now finished.
I'm uploading this here before I continue to study.
I have exams in 2 days. I think I'll leave this here before June when the next exams start.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UwwcU14GrnaC0qhvy2H1DsS2-UvO5ZPA/view?usp=drive_link

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 17 Jun 2023 - 15:34 by Neito

Neito wrote:How do I replace the music I tried to replace the music in crash man theme but it came out wrong.

Update: I found out how to get the music working. I am now creating my own audiopack.

Update: My Pack is now finished.
I'm uploading this here before I continue to study.
I have exams in 2 days. I think I'll leave this here before June when the next exams start.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UwwcU14GrnaC0qhvy2H1DsS2-UvO5ZPA/view?usp=drive_link

Could you please update this section to include it.

Please include it in the list of audio packs.

Back to top Go down

LiquidPolicenaut

Post Tue 20 Feb 2024 - 1:24 by LiquidPolicenaut

Just wanted to say that the link for Neitos audio pack isnt working....

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Feb 2024 - 7:37 by pev

LiquidPolicenaut wrote:Just wanted to say that the link for Neitos audio pack isnt working....
We do not have a backup of this pack to post. Please contact the author directly. Sorry.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 20 Feb 2024 - 7:53 by Relikk

Just a general notice that relates to this...

MD+ isn't going to be like what happened with MSU1. In that we're not really accepting below par work with regards to audio. Please know what you're doing with regard to looping and audio balancing before even contemplating submitting audio, otherwise keep it for your own personal use or upload it somewhere else.

You can call it gatekeeping if you like, but it's more of an incentive to learn. Too many people without decent knowledge of audio were/are lazily submitting MSU1 PCM's with crappy YouTube rips etc., and that's not going to happen with MD+.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 18:08 by Neito

pev wrote:
LiquidPolicenaut wrote:Just wanted to say that the link for Neitos audio pack isnt working....
We do not have a backup of this pack to post. Please contact the author directly. Sorry.

Turns out it was restricted to only certain users. Now it's available to anyone with the link.

Back to top Go down