Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 21 Empty Re: Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Post by sayto Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 5:49

Has someone tested it with the Snes mini?
sayto
sayto
Newcomer

Since : 2018-09-21

Back to top Go down

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 21 Empty Re: Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Post by Conn Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 11:52

Conn
Conn

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 21 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreatBulzome Wed 10 Jul 2019 - 3:42

This patch is awesome, but I absolutely cannot get this to work properly. There seems to be two separate patches: one for the video cutscenes and the other for the PCM audio. Both patches work fine by themselves, but do not work together. If I apply the main patch, I only get the video cutscenes. If I apply the quick patch, I only get the PCM audio. If I apply both patches, the game doesn't even load. Can someone help me figure this out?

TheGreatBulzome
Newcomer

Since : 2019-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 10 Jul 2019 - 4:46

both patches are (of course) incompatible. You need to choose either that one with video or that without. Since the video plays properly, you patched it correctly.
I tried myself to ensure and for me it works (video+pcm).

The only thing I can imagine is that your pcm set does not have the proper track names, they must be alttp_msu-x.pcm
Some tracks are made for Mercurial Magic and have e.g. track-x.pcm, those will not work unless you renamed them to alttp_msu-x.pcm.

If it still does not work, pleaase send a screenshot of your folder containing the rom and pcm.

Last edited by Conn on Wed 10 Jul 2019 - 13:09; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreatBulzome Wed 10 Jul 2019 - 6:22

I just applied the patch for like the 50th time and all of the sudden it's working. There was an XML file and a manifest file that I kept deleting. Apparently one (or both) is needed for bsnes. I feel like an absolute moron. I'm sorry.

TheGreatBulzome
Newcomer

Since : 2019-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 10 Jul 2019 - 8:30

Uh, that's strange, the latest bsnes plus should not need the xml anymore.
https://github.com/devinacker/bsnes-plus/releases

Maybe you use an outdated bsnes version. Zelda was the first msu patch we made, so there may be relicts in the readme file which emulator to use. If you get troubles with an emu, it is always good to counter-check with another, e.g., snes9x 1.54 ff.

Anyways, I am happy it is solved Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21