F-Zero MSU1

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

F-Zero MSU1 Empty F-Zero MSU1

Post by Conn Sat 6 Jun 2015 - 15:37

After various requests for this hack and also to ease the pain for DarkShock, here's my F-Zero MSU1 hack.
It isn't much playtested and also a pcm host is missing. If anybody produces pcm:s and host them please give me a link.

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/f-zero_msu.zip

In total I count 16 tracks:
Code:
  f-zero_msu1-1.pcm 01 - Countdown at start
  f-zero_msu1-2.pcm 02 - Music before start-countdown
  f-zero_msu1-3.pcm 03 - lost life
  f-zero_msu1-4.pcm 04 - Title screen
  f-zero_msu1-5.pcm 05 - select time
  f-zero_msu1-6.pcm 06 - bigblue
  f-zero_msu1-7.pcm 07 - ending music
  f-zero_msu1-8.pcm 08 - red canyon
  f-zero_msu1-9.pcm 09 - fire field
  f-zero_msu1-10.pcm 0A - silence
  f-zero_msu1-11.pcm 0B - white land 1
  f-zero_msu1-12.pcm 0C - white land 2
  f-zero_msu1-13.pcm 0D - port town
  f-zero_msu1-14.pcm 0E - mute city
  f-zero_msu1-15.pcm 0F - sand ocean
  f-zero_msu1-16.pcm 10 - Death Wind
Conn
Conn

F-Zero MSU1 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

F-Zero MSU1 Empty Re: F-Zero MSU1

Post by kurrono Sat 6 Jun 2015 - 16:16

Conn i love u omg..u the best!!! Thank youuuu (by. The way not homo here I love girls)
kurrono
kurrono

F-Zero MSU1 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Sat 6 Jun 2015 - 16:40

Yea I know is goin to do act raiser sooner or later..I'm not pushing just wait..and thank u for f_zero I never meant to push u. Either I try little bout assembly and learning those opcodes takes time lad load accumulator sta store accumulator..I 've been reading even 3 different registers A Y and X like. For lda lex lady..any ways how I will find the music Ur the expert Conn.thanks again I will test. Music when I get home.
kurrono
kurrono

F-Zero MSU1 Image111

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 6 Jun 2015 - 17:19

Conn, the MSU wizzard. It is interesting how after the Alttp MSU-1 was released, we are now suddenly turned to MSU mania and had a lot of other games as well in this audio effect. Kurrono I guess you had your wish come true (without money transactions).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

F-Zero MSU1 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 6 Jun 2015 - 18:15

I don't mind if you love me :p guess this forum isn't homophobic. But don't mind if I am not returning the favour ^^

Anyways, unless it's tested it's still beta. I have no ears for music and do not know whether the correct themes are played. Guess you figure this out Wink

I had a day off today, but as said, do not expect from me any more msu-1 hacks... e.g. I didn't even ever heard from act raiser. More important I'd find DKC1 e.g.,.
Conn
Conn

F-Zero MSU1 Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 3:42

Conn wrote:If anybody produces pcm:s and host them please give me a link.

There you go ;D

http://1drv.ms/1T4rosd

They are already all looped, and the MSU-1 playlist seems to match the SPC700 one.
The music used to built the soundtrack comes from F-Zero X, Super Smash Bros Brawl and a couple of remixes I found digging on Youtube.

I must say: You rock man~

F-Zero in MSU-1 Collection: Checked! Yes

Oh, I almost forgot, there are 2 bugs, 1 major and other minor.

The major one: The SPC Fallback is totally screwed Confused
It only plays noise, making the hack unplayable unless you want to get deaf or kill yourself. xp

The minor one isn't a bug to tell thee the truth. But oddly enough, sometimes if you reset the game, the Title Screen won't play the MSU track assigned to it.

Speaking in tracks, you will want to change some names in your list so they match this SPC Dump ;-)

Code:

MSU DECIMAL         |   HEX
--------------------|-------------------------
f-zero_msu1-1.pcm   |   01 - Start
f-zero_msu1-2.pcm   |   02 - Zoom
f-zero_msu1-3.pcm   |   03 - Lost Life
f-zero_msu1-4.pcm   |   04 - Opening Theme
f-zero_msu1-5.pcm   |   05 - Select Time Theme
f-zero_msu1-6.pcm   |   06 - Big Blue
f-zero_msu1-7.pcm   |   07 - Ending Theme
f-zero_msu1-8.pcm   |   08 - Red Canyon
f-zero_msu1-9.pcm   |   09 - Fire Field
f-zero_msu1-10.pcm  |   0A - Silence
f-zero_msu1-11.pcm  |   0B - White Land I
f-zero_msu1-12.pcm  |   0C - White Land II
f-zero_msu1-13.pcm  |   0D - Port Town
f-zero_msu1-14.pcm  |   0E - Mute City
f-zero_msu1-15.pcm  |   0F - Sand Ocean
f-zero_msu1-16.pcm  |   10 - Death Wind
Colines
Colines

F-Zero MSU1 Image111

Since : 2015-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 10:22

Alright, thanks for your feedback Smile
I think I addressed your bugs found. The code got a bit complex through it and it won't pass SMW Central's review procedure anymore ^^

Check the new version out:
(apply it on a fresh rom and check spc fallback and reset)

Thanks also a lot for the pcm:s
Can you provide a zip with all files inside? It's a pain to download all 16 files one after the other Smile
Conn
Conn

F-Zero MSU1 Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 12:10

Conn wrote:Can you provide a zip with all files inside?

There is an option to download the entire folder (all the PCM's) as a zip file in onedrive. If for some reason I need to update any track for fix or replace it for another song, you can download it again as a single file instead as a whole bunch of Megabytes ;D

And congrats!! SPC Fallback is fully working now and Title Screen seems to play the Opening Theme properly whenever the situation now.

Conn wrote:The code got a bit complex through it and it won't pass SMW Central's review procedure anymore ^^

Oh yeah, about submission rules, the guys at SMWCentral are a pain in the ass xp
I can even understand why they only accept code compatible with their tools and etc, however, for a community who still uses outdated methods for hacking (albeit asar isn't that bad, the tools who demand a header are their real sin), this makes these requirements irrelevant.

Either way, at least they have high quality patches at their section because of this, which works for every high class tool to edit SMW, I can't complain about that xp
Colines
Colines

F-Zero MSU1 Image111

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 12:42

hey Colines i tried to download ur music in one file..but the site always stop of aand half download i had to download all separately , one by one..good music..but from f-zeroX>? really that music is mono the only song i like from that game is silence..i dont even like whiteland cause is not the original from f-zero..oh by the way i got smthing too not perfect but that was my vision of how i wanted to see f-zero with remix music:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gjt4ckydo2rlkb/f-zero%20msu1%20pack.zip?dl=0
kurrono
kurrono

F-Zero MSU1 Image111

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 14:03

i tried to download ur music in one file..but the site always stop of aand half download i had to download all separately

Sorry, don't know what happened, but if this occurs to someone else and frequently I will change my host ;D

that music is mono

lol, really? I haven't realized that xD but hey, I like the music xp, its rockin themed, and I am a rock dude \o/ my vision opposite to yours is a rockin' deafening guitar boiling my blood!  Yes

i dont even like whiteland cause is not the original from f-zero

no, no, no, no, no. I only used the SNES remixes from F-Zero X (exceptions are the Opening Theme and the Ending Theme), Whiteland is from SSBB, the remaining tracks I took from youtube Smile

not perfect but that was my vision of how i wanted to see f-zero with remix music

Whow, great job! Actually, it's gonna be awesome to have one rock soundtrack version for hardcore players like me and another eletrocnic+rock version for the general people. I can loop your soundtrack if I get some free time, of course, if you are not doing it yet =D
Colines
Colines

F-Zero MSU1 Image111

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 16:29

Nice Smile
Did you test entirely (also ending theme?) This is one of my bug free-est hacks ever (only 2 versions) ^^

Anyways, I just updated the patch file again:

The patch is the same, but I have added a subfolder "optional_extended_music"
where you find a patch to have different themes for each level, so Mute City I will differ from Mute City II. The new theme list is then:
Code:

MSU DECIMAL         |   HEX
--------------------|-------------------------
f-zero_msu1-1.pcm   |   01 - Start
f-zero_msu1-2.pcm   |   02 - Zoom
f-zero_msu1-3.pcm   |   03 - Lost Life
f-zero_msu1-4.pcm   |   04 - Opening Theme
f-zero_msu1-5.pcm   |   05 - Select Time Theme
f-zero_msu1-6.pcm   |   06 - Big Blue
f-zero_msu1-7.pcm   |   07 - Ending Theme
f-zero_msu1-8.pcm   |   08 - Red Canyon I
f-zero_msu1-9.pcm   |   09 - Fire Field
f-zero_msu1-10.pcm  |   0A - Silence
f-zero_msu1-11.pcm  |   0B - White Land I
f-zero_msu1-12.pcm  |   0C - White Land II
f-zero_msu1-13.pcm  |   0D - Port Town I
f-zero_msu1-14.pcm  |   0E - Mute City I
f-zero_msu1-15.pcm  |   0F - Sand Ocean
f-zero_msu1-16.pcm  |   10 - Death Wind I
f-zero_msu1-17.pcm  |   11 - Mute City II
f-zero_msu1-18.pcm  |   12 - Port Town II
f-zero_msu1-19.pcm  |   13 - Mute City III
f-zero_msu1-20.pcm  |   14 - Death Wind II
f-zero_msu1-21.pcm  |   15 - Red Canyon II

Colines, if you want to provide these additional themes 17-21, just add them to your cloud folder (I will not have to change the download link in the tutorial then Wink )
Conn
Conn

F-Zero MSU1 Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 19:36

Conn wrote:Nice Smile
Did you test entirely (also ending theme?) This is one of my bug free-est hacks ever (only 2 versions) ^^

I still need to finish the King League and all the courses at expert class, but regarding the general gameplay, Yes. Smile
As far as I could test, no more problems were found, however, now with the extended music patch, I guess i need to test all the game again :p

Colines, if you want to provide these additional themes 17-21, just add them to your cloud folder (I will not have to change the download link in the tutorial then)

Done, now you see the benefits of an online folder Very Happy

http://1drv.ms/1T4rosd

I did the same as you, created a folder with the additional tracks, this time I used the songs which aren't SNES remixes from F-Zero X, since the original SNES game had no more variants of its tracks (except White Land), I felt confident to replace two of them with entirely new music from its N64 counterpart ;D

Last edited by Colines on Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 0:30; edited 1 time in total
Colines
Colines

F-Zero MSU1 Image111

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkShock Sun 7 Jun 2015 - 23:27

Thanks for doing this one Conn ! I really wanted to replay F-Zero lately, it's come at a good time Smile

I found a big issue with the patch (not tried the extended one yet), when you play Grand Prix mode, if you select either Queen or King League, the sequence of tracks played are the same as the Knight League. But if you select the track in Practice Mode, you hear the correct music.
DarkShock
DarkShock

F-Zero MSU1 Image111

Since : 2014-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 0:28

I was going to report it, but I tought this problem was from the extended patch, since at any moment while playtesting I couldn't hear the extended music. Oh boy, I suck betatesting things xp

However, I found an oddity: The PCM track 3 (Lost Life) seems to be useless, I figured out that the game still uses the SPC engine to play the jingle.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's up to you to fix it or not Wink

If you do not, I will remove the f-zero_msu1-3.pcm from the MSU-1 playlist =)

EDIT: In an attempt to track down more bugs, I started to play F-Zero with MSU disabled, and here some things you may opt to change:

When you die, the music stops playing, with MSU enabled, it keeps playing. Fortunately, F-Zero doesn't use a Fade-Out system, so don't worry ;D

The same for when you lost a race (this happens when you pass out the finish line outside the safe Rank)

Now, one thing you will want to fix: Once you win any course, the music stops playing too. However, with MSU enabled, upon arrival at the finish line, the game plays the original Ending Theme from the SPC engine Ohmygod
Colines
Colines

F-Zero MSU1 Image111

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 6:56

Thanks DS, I was checking the level counter, and it won't work. I'll found another safer solution, so I release a new version asap,

Also thanks Colines, I will check the things you brought up, too
Conn
Conn

F-Zero MSU1 Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 12:30

Alright, here we go. I hope I addressed all bugs found:

Colines, I think track 5, (05 - Select Time Theme) fades in way too slow. Can you renounce on the fade in?
Conn
Conn

F-Zero MSU1 Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyKool Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 13:16

Oh my Gods Very Happy Good Work my friends Wink

HappyKool
Hardhat Beetle
Hardhat Beetle

Since : 2015-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyKool Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 13:47

Conn it makes me very happy that you continued keep projects

Yes Smile

HappyKool
Hardhat Beetle
Hardhat Beetle

Since : 2015-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 18:36

Conn wrote:I think track 5, (05 - Select Time Theme) fades in way too slow. Can you renounce on the fade in?

The fade in comes with the music, I had no choice but to keep it in the song. However, you're right, it doesn't sound good, so I restored the volume ;D

Download again f-zero_msu1-5.pcm: http://1drv.ms/1T4rosd

Should play ok now.

Conn wrote:I hope I addressed all bugs found

Well, the Lost Life jingle from the SPC engine keeps playing together with the MSU track
f-zero_msu1-3.pcm, still, I'm not sure if this needs to be fixed, we could keep it and add a custom Lost Life song, of course, you would need to set $2007 for this track to loop.

I replaced the track for another song so you can see what I'm talking about =)

Besides that, you did it! The extended patch seems to work properly too, in other words, I guess we can say the F-Zero MSU-1 rom hack is done Very Happy
Colines
Colines

F-Zero MSU1 Image111

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 19:15

Uh, just forgot to nop out a sta $2140 ^^''

Fixed lost life msu-spc overlapping:

Are we done now (for real)? Spin
Conn
Conn

F-Zero MSU1 Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 20:11

Conn wrote:Fixed lost life msu-spc overlapping

Yes! Just learned one more english word!
Oh... And you fixed the bug!

Conn wrote:Are we done now (for real)?

Hell yeah, I believe the patch is ready for submission at RHDN, but I still need to finish the King League to see if there is no errors at that final cutscene, I don't think there is, but just in case...
Colines
Colines

F-Zero MSU1 Image111

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 20:14

Blue3

Yes, better to test it thoroughly.And don't forget the practice levels... but all should be alright.

Are you testing on sd2snes? If you can give in cheats, for a quick test this one is good:
7E0D4004 won as soon you cross the "start-line" - for some reasons, on bsnes it is 7E0D4005

Last edited by Conn on Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 4:43; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

F-Zero MSU1 Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 22:22

Omgmy request become more than i thought ..omg Conn,these guys pur you on the limit on fixing the hack..omg..i never asked for thast even with flaws i was happy...but thank u again for this special f-zero msu1 hack u did for us.. u need a break man..!!it's cool oh by the way im using different style of songs...like Coline says electronic-rock..im trying to upload my file on dropbox.
kurrono
kurrono

F-Zero MSU1 Image111

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 4:42

Thanks. Best is you and Colines arrange which themes are best for the game, as he is the cloud-holder of the themes.
I'll not change the link in the tutorial so if you throw in new and better themes, he can replace his existing ones.

Such hacking is always problematic and bug affectiveas you see Smile but smw was way worse.
Conn
Conn

F-Zero MSU1 Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 9:24

allright.. the new link is up..about the 21 pcms.. of f-zero..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqyh26g2xfj7a49/f-zero.rar?dl=0
kurrono
kurrono

F-Zero MSU1 Image111

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next