Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Page 3 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 3 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Founder Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 16:25

@ puzz, five different sprites actually Wink

0x80000   =  10 is AST boy  ((RIFT))
0x120000  =  24 is PW Link  ((COTG))
0x128000  =  25 derpy (health deplete) + Space link (bunny) ((SPACE))
0x130000  =  26 Minish Link ((WASTELANDS))
0x138000  =  27 AST girl  ((MODERN))

@ conn, what you probably saw in space was derpy the pony lol: https://2img.net/h/i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/misc20/derpy_zps782e9f88.png

I'll check more into the space bunny Link issue when I get back home as I'll have more time to think about it! But thanks for the suggestions!

Founder

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 3 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Conn Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 18:48

derby the pony... wtf??!!! Ohmygod 

If you can make it with the current code by altering the tileset only to give spacelink the correct appearance, go for this please. I probably can do the asm to reverse the moonpearl effect but:
- mixing with ASM almost always results in unpredictable bugs
- spacesuit Link can't do anything (just as the bunny in ALTTP)
- Dungeon Space-Link will have a tileset of... whom? I'd not know how to code what here....

If the code is correct that bunny is loaded without the moonpearl and normal spacelink loaded with moonpearl, this is perfect!
You have spacelink on overworld and in all dungeons and can give the bunny an appearance suffering while depleting hearts.

As for the effort... yeah it's pain in the ass. I was doing a repixeling for girl mascott to look like Saria, Marlon. Though I only altered the hair it was feeling taking forever. Maybe there is somebody in your team who is delighted doing such repixeling work... and if you only go for the head, it won't take aeons either Wink

I hope your funeral was fine and you're happy seeing all relatives again Smile
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by RedScorpion Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 20:27

Wow, 5 different sprites in one game! Wink Great.

Will see how the story will develope! Wink

Thanks

red
RedScorpion
RedScorpion

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 3 Image111

Since : 2013-04-28

http://www.snes-projects.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 4:37

I really like the idea of having many characters in the game. They could play different roles and this could really add to the story overall!

Great idea and yes it makes the title make more sense.

Keep it up and someone please teach me some ASM please!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 7:39

Keep it up and someone please teach me some ASM please!
If you ask this way you could also say: please teach me how to make a head surgery. Maybe it's best you make your way through my basic hacking tutorial. If you managed and understood everything there, you can start going indepth.
All coding is logical mathematics in the end. To manipulate these calculations you need to know addressing, opcodes and how to debug with geiger. If you have these basics, you can start to understand dma transfer and further more advanced topics.
But there's even more. I once included a new spc to bszelda and apu hacking is even more complicated than cpu hacking... this teached me to leave my fingers away from such things Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 9:25

And someone please teach me some ASM please.
------

ASM is the hardest thing ever. First step is tracing with debugger (I never managed to come pass this step!), since ASM relies on RAM. So you basically need to make yourself a RAM map of all things to be changed or addressed.

Then you need to learn all the opcodes (I never managed this either). And then magically build a brand new code. So if anyone can do Asm, this is really a rare case.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 3 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 9:52

Well I must kindly disagree with "hardest thing ever" - it's easy, you only must think as a machine does :p

Last edited by Conn on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 10:12; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by XaserLE Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 10:11

I'm with PuzzleDude, ASM is the hardest thing ever. I mean what we do is only a small piece of what could be done. We only use long jumps to jump out of the normal code and do what we want and make use of the disassembly docs and ram maps.
But for example making a whole game with assembler is brainfuck cause to think like a machine won't help us making games, it is too primitive. Therefore you need a abstraction layer that let's you code in a high level language. Games like Zelda3 and Settlers 1 are examples for the maximum that is possible using asm.

XaserLE

Since : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 10:17

*lol, yes, I was just kidding. I too only scratch the surface when coding.

Edited my last post since I created a better pacth

Seph, here's a code (ips to apply on to your latest rom) which will turn space into dark world.

New patch:

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/space_dw.zip

Ips changes:
pc: 0x30344
jsl to 23a040 (pc 11/a040 directly below the tileset choose code)

pc: 1x1a040
load $7e04a0 into x (room number ram address overworld)
choose from table that starts at 11/a200 (directly below the first table all the 00 also belong to the code since this is light world
(40=darkworld, 00 = overworld)

Look if it works (cheat also for moonpearl), I am not familiar with your rom and how to get into space area to do that myself...
If it works you'd only need to exchange space tileset as I suggested.

Also, and this would be the only code I'd need to make then is the transition cave to space. You enter as normal link, exit as spacelink, but hej you're bunny, go back into the transition cave and stay bunny there. What isn't really a problem but if you keep depleting hearts in this transition cave, it is.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 18:54

Conn wrote:derby the pony... wtf??!!! Ohmygod

Can't be so much different then bunny link lol, but yeah WTF Razz
I didn't made that sprite but it's so different then the other ones so I added it temporarily to show off five different sprites Very Happy

Conn wrote:Seph, here's a code (ips to apply on to your latest rom) which will turn space into dark world.

New patch:

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/space_dw.zip

Ips changes:
pc: 0x30344
jsl to 23a040 (pc 11/a040 directly below the tileset choose code)

pc: 1x1a040
load $7e04a0 into x (room number ram address overworld)
choose from table that starts at 11/a200 (directly below the first table all the 00 also belong to the code since this is light world
(40=darkworld, 00 = overworld)

Look if it works (cheat also for moonpearl), I am not familiar with your rom and how to get into space area to do that myself...
If it works you'd only need to exchange space tileset as I suggested.

Also, and this would be the only code I'd need to make then is the transition cave to space. You enter as normal link, exit as spacelink, but hej you're bunny, go back into the transition cave and stay bunny there. What isn't really a problem but if you keep depleting hearts in this transition cave, it is.
I'll check it out tommorow as soon as I'm back home!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 2:02

Took the time to actually finish one of my near complete dungeons (given that I can now have infinite room headers, that wasn't so hard Razz), just need to add colision for the pillars and finish the boss room.

The old metro station is the 5th dungeon (out of 12) and the first dungeon by me you'll play in the game so it's still somewhat easy (in fact I consider all of my dungeons to be on par with Nintendo's original game ~ a walk in the park otherwise Smile). No cheap tricks involved.

At 1:35 in the video, you can see there's spikes there blocking your path, you need to activate the pegswitch in order to get through Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 4:47

This is very usefull. With this video I have some insight, what the dungeons should look like (despite the fact that not all dungeons are the same). This is very usefull.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 3 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 6:42

love the dungeon - very mysterious, very fitting to the area it's going into.

The problem with PW dungeon is i love to over decorate them with enemies or general structures, but after seeing this, the vast empty train station rooms actually looks really good (except for the oh-so-obvious locked door from that small opening)
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 3:06

Just found a way to have more talking sprites in the game! Using the "On top" effect in dungeons I place two 2x2 tiles on BG2 and place those block type 84 (telephatic stones) underneat on BG1! The resulting effect is that I can have talking static sprites! That's in fact the same method I used for the Resident Evil description underneat objects, only this time they are sprites.

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 3 Image17_zps13cc306a
Link: -"Oh look a group of enemies to kill"
Skeleton: - "Hello. Well hello... What?!!"
- "You've never seen a talking skeleton before?"
- "What a strange fella you are!"

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 3 Image16_zpscd8e93fd
Skeleton: - "Were you living under a rock all this time"

(*noticed I made a small text mistake already lol*)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by XaserLE Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 3:23

Wait wait....i got it.....it's the...."where" right? :-D :-D
This is a nice idea, looks great :-)

XaserLE

Since : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 4:08

I like your idea of having the bombs not hurt you as well as not having the pit do damage on you.

And.......... I just had an idea.

What about a recharging life bar? Kind of like the magic auto fill, but only for hearts.

And why does it not say anything special under my name like (ASM Genius or Zelda 3 Expert ???, oh yeah because I never posted any of my work..... duh Razz

Well, what I'm thinking about doing is to probably release my work after Parallel Universes is finished. So everyone can look forward to that.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 18:05

Cool that you take over the ice rod also into your code Smile
However... ice freezing ice? I find the sparkling ice crystals a really great animation but I wonder whether lava or fire obstacles might fit better here?

Did you have time to check put my patch that makes space into darkworld and thus makes spacelink to bunny?
You should try it also if the moonpearl tuns him back to normal...
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 18:51

@ Xaser: Yep that's the "where", but it's fixed now Razz

@ Erockbrox: Find yourself a good title and I'll make a gif for it lol... about the recharging life, I dropped that idea a while back since it was too hard for Euclid to do and since I'm planning to finish this hack as quick as I can (to get it out of the way), it does not mather to have that in the hack as the hack will be easy enough as is. By keeping the hearts I'm also not alienating the Zelda franchise further then it should.

@ Conn: Ice freezing ice came out like that since I couldn't change the palettes of the tiles because I'm not using that red palette in the area I'm using the hack. I had time to check you patch, sent you an email about your bunny asm hack! Had weird issues and bugs that made the rom crash. If you need a more recent rom, just tell me and I'll send it to you, otherwise if you can just send me an ips patch it would be awesome as I work on that hack pretty much everyday lately and change so much content by the days. If that doesn't work, it's no big deal, I'll probably change the space suit into something else.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 19:26

oh sorry, didn't have time yet to check my mails... it's in there, so I can try to get it work. Thanks for the video as well, it helps much to find my way to space ^^

I'll check it out what's the problem!

As for the lava... I see - that's too bad. Maybe there's another solution (water blocks or so) but if not it still looks amazing Smile

Edit:
My first suspection is that 7ef3ca (which I made to 40 to enable bunny mode) tries to load other dark world tiles as well and therefore you get this screen bug. I will go a bit indepth and try to isolate the routine which makes Link to bunny only. May take a while but I am on it Smile
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 23:36

SePH wrote:
@ Erockbrox: Find yourself a good title and I'll make a gif for it lol... about the recharging life, I dropped that idea a while back since it was too hard for Euclid to do and since I'm planning to finish this hack as quick as I can (to get it out of the way), it does not mather to have that in the hack as the hack will be easy enough as is. By keeping the hearts I'm also not alienating the Zelda franchise further then it should.

I want to be called "Puzzle Master" because most of my work is all about puzzles and such.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 26 Jul 2013 - 1:37

@ Conn: I might have a try at changing the palette for that specific area since I don't think I'm using that red palette yet. And I'm pretty sure it only affects the water btw and since there's no water areas in space, I'm safe Razz. Used that palette actually three times in my hacks! in my foggy lava area in parallel worlds, the volcano area of lyra islands and my dark world top right corner area of gates of time.

Good luck finding out what's wrong with the bunny hack!

@ Erockbrox: There ya go!! Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 26 Jul 2013 - 7:17

Sounds great! Good luck with it Smile

I make progress: If you change 7E02E0 to 01 it is bunny, 00 is Link. It's easy to implement this to be 01 in space area without moonpearl.
The y-items are disabled with this automatically, I only need now to find the code to disable the sword and it should work Smile

Edit: got it, sent you a patch. Please do not mix with first bunny patch!

Description:

Pc : 01/2f64 and pc: 01/300f
86 8c a5 84 changed to 22 60 a0 23
This makes an jsl to new code at pc: 11/a060 (snes: 23/a060

Pc: 11/a060
Use already implemented tileset table to check whether you’re in area 25 (space)
If yes: Check if you have the moonpearl (7E/f357)
If yes: set 7E/02e0 to 01 (bunny look), set 7E/005d to 17 (disable sword)

If no (either not in space or do have moonpearl) set 7e/f357 and 7e/005d to 00 (default)

If you edit the bunny look, take care of the palette since it changes with the green/blue/red mail! Use only colors that are more or less the same in all 3 palettes (green/red/blue). You'll see it on the bunny color which is green/yellow/white in dependance on the mail you have. As long you don't use red/blue/green colors it should be alright.

Edit 2:
Thanks to Euclid's post about entrance ($010e) I was able to turn the bunny back to normal in case you return from space to cave entrance 17 (hyrule magic is the same number). I sent you the updated patch (moonpearl_trans.ips) with this exception, Seph, so please delete all former ones Smile
If there are more transition caves from space to other areas give me the entrance numbers and I'll add them as well.

Edit 3:
Sent you a "final version" (sorry to spam). Now you are default ast-boy when entering transition cave from entrance 17. It would be confusing to turn you in space link without having the moon pearl.

-----------------------------

I also tried to give the bunny music (7e/012c -> 04) unfortunately, there is a load of the overworld music thereafter (7e/012c -> 02), so this must be coded at another place... if you want this implemented.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 26 Jul 2013 - 17:41

Send you a video reply of a new issue. (they never end sadly don't they!)

Here it is again:

The 2nd overlay on overworlds (the dark world) is side shifted a few tiles over where they should be. Don't know what's causing this, but I do know it's an asm hack by NEONswift and unfortunately I don't have his asm code for it.

The bunny music is not a big deal though, we can keep the normal overworld music there, no worries about that one Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 26 Jul 2013 - 18:44

I'll look into it Wink

Edit: fixed. I made a mistake that I made the c2 30 (2 byte read) after regaining the native value, what then of course was only 1 byte where 2 bytes were needed. Good that you found this, Seph Smile

I thought about making the transition caves stabilized; you'd only need to tell me from which entrance (e.g. from space you use entrance 17 (dungeon entrance hyrule magic) to normal AST-boy overworld) and which tileset you want to have then. If there are only 6 transition caves, I can easily stabilize the tileset in these caves.

Edit:
found that you start as girl... this can easily be fixed to boy as well together with the other transition caves (it is entrance 02 you start), this will also fix the tileset displayed in the menu.

As for the music, there's the possibility to make a table at which screens which themes are played. I can easily implement such a thing as well; it's all controlled by 7e/012c:

Code:
-00 No music

Overworld:
-01 Triforce + title screen
-02 Overworld
-03 Rain
-04 Rabbit
-05 Lost Woods
-06 Introduction
-07 Kakariko Village
-08 Portal SFX
-09 Dark World
-0A Master Sword
-0B Name select screen
-0C Guard summoned
-0D Skull Woods
-0E Minigame
-0F Title screen only

Indoors:
-10 Hyrule Castle
-11 Light World dungeon
-12 Cave
-13 Medallion/crystal acquired
-14 Sanctuary
-15 Boss
-16 Dark World dungeon
-17 Fortune Teller
-18 Cave (appears to be identical to -12)
-19 Zelda rescued in prison
-1A Sage rescued in crystal
-1B Fairy spring
-1C Ganon's theme only
-1D Ganon appears in Agahnim's shadow
-1E Face-to-face + Ganon's theme
-1F Ganon battle

Ending:
theme 20 triforce talk to you in alttp
theme 21 holding triforce+fanfare which shows happy hyrule
theme 22 credits

If you want to switch between these overworld/dungeon/endings, a special asm coding is needed (e.g. you want dungeon music played on overworld) but I think this isn't the case. So it'd be rather simple to implement own music.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 27 Jul 2013 - 19:04

Nice! Everything works perfectly good now! The only missing thing will be to implement the space suit thingy now (euclid has to find a way so that all those space areas deplete your health by default when you don't have the space suit [moon pearl] and once you get it, you change into space suit link [bunny link])

About the music patch you sent me, does it allows me to have the correct music to load in all of the overworld areas? That would be sweet since right now, even if I change the music of each area in the properties and exit outside... the game still loads the main overworld theme by default and switch over the song I selected when I go out of that area and come back. I'll check your patch if it fixes that bug!

Yeah I noticed you start out will AST girl! A fix to start with the AST boy would be much appreciated. Yeah, Entrance 02 is the starting room.

About the transition caves (The ones in rectangles):

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 3 Image10_zpsbd952da7

You can make it so that you're always AST boy when entering them! Since they are all part of the same dungeon and it connect with the center of the universes (The rift) so it would make sense to always be ast boy in those transition caves Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next