disabling the locked entrance to hyrule castle

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

disabling the locked entrance to hyrule castle Empty disabling the locked entrance to hyrule castle

Post by wizzrobemaster Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 22:35

are the doors to hyrule castle considered a sprite and how can I prevent the doors from being locked permanently when agahnim is defeated? is there any way to prevent the ether medallion from appearing in agahnim's chamber if you are to revisit?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

disabling the locked entrance to hyrule castle Empty Re: disabling the locked entrance to hyrule castle

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 23:01

are the doors to hyrule castle considered a sprite and how can I prevent the doors from being locked permanently when agahnim is defeated?

The doors are natuarlly closed but the game puts an "overlay" of open doors in that place during "first part", which is actually the second part of the game (the pendant phase). I bet you could remedy this by going into the overworld editor, selecting "Second part" and drawing open doors over the closed doors. If you do it correctly it should have doors that are closed in the beginning of the game but open for the rest.

is there any way to prevent the ether medallion from appearing in agahnim's chamber if you are to revisit?

Sounds like a glitch, which should be expected when doing things with the game that it was never intended to do.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

disabling the locked entrance to hyrule castle Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

disabling the locked entrance to hyrule castle Empty Re: disabling the locked entrance to hyrule castle

Post by wizzrobemaster Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 0:33

I read somewhere the reason it does this is because the game probably reads that it must drop something when the boss is defeated. if anything I would like to edit this part where he drops the magic mirror and once link obtains it, he goes to the dark world. that way I can have the moon pearl given to me from the old man and the hammer as the item from the tower of hera. all the dark world portals will be hidden as I felt the first portal kind of spoiled the game (especially the revealed map).

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 0:55

Getting Agahnim to drop the mirror and wait for you to pick it up before sending you into the dark world sounds like an ASM mod. The rest is easily doable though.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 1:06

is there a way to delete the ether medallion flag?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 1:33

Like I said, that's a glitch. Though I might suggest implementing the hex change that prevents the bosses from dropping heart containers and see if that makes a difference.

**Bosses don't drop hearts**
2F14C: F1 BD > EA EA
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 3:32

can you make them drop items when killed?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 4:12

can you make them drop items when killed?

If the game keeps a table that tells it what to drop when each boss is killed, but likely I'd say it doesn't, so that would require writing and inserting your own custom code. Not an easy feat.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 4:34

in other words an asm? I am not looking at asm because of how complicated it is.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 5:49

wizrobemaster wrote:in other words an asm?  I am not looking at asm because of how complicated it is.
And yet everything you want to do is ASM related. Also, why do you want to unlock those doors - this was a special ASM and an overlay to keep them closed, since otherwise the game would be in a paradox. You can open them though through a byte change in hex (the address should be in the compendium and was found by Euclid).

Even though if you would ASM prevent to Agahnim room not drop anything, how would you open the permanently closed shutter door and what will you do in an empty room (why would you even climb the tower for the second time).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 6:58

You can open them though through a byte change in hex (the address should be in the compendium and was found by Euclid).

If I remember correctly it was the overlay for the open doors that gets removed by the hex fix (unless there was an additional hex fix that I didn't notice).
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 8:01

SunGodPortal wrote:
You can open them though through a byte change in hex (the address should be in the compendium and was found by Euclid).

If I remember correctly it was the overlay for the open doors that gets removed by the hex fix (unless there was an additional hex fix that I didn't notice).
Not really, you see the doors can be opened by default (ie when you touch them). So the doors always open by default. Original authors closed them by adding a solid door overlay-appear (special ASM) so that you can not open them after Agahnim is defeated, so the flag had to be: check for Agahnim defeat.

So the doors are closed because of the overlay. The hex fix by Euclid will simply deactivate this overlay for all 3 doors.

You probably mean the big gate thing, which is the opposite. Solid by default, but once you rescue Zelda, an opened-door overlay opens them up. There's also a hex fix for that, since in hacks no overlay must appear, either opened gate overlay or closed 3 dungeon doors overlay.

For instance in GoT hack, all these overlays were put ot NOP (obviously), via EA byte; otherwise we would have closed doors and opened gates popping up on the overworld.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 8:16

OK, found it, PAGE 370:

Remove Hyrule Castle "doors" overlay in part2, which is actually the big wall gate. This gate is closed, but after rescuing Zelda it gets opened (usually you need to deactivate this in complete hacks only, but you keep it in "remodeled" hacks who still have this wall in area 1B):
0x779FE: A9, change to 60.

Make Hyrule castle doors (ie 3 small dungeon doors) opened again after defeating Agahnim:
0xDBE9E: B0 21, change to EA EA.
I believe this is what the title of this topic applies to.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 12:58

did the developers add the overlay because of the ether medallion problem? I tested the game without the overlay and saw the ether medallion fall.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 16:55

did the developers add the overlay because of the ether medallion problem? I tested the game without the overlay and saw the ether medallion fall.

They more likely added it because it would be stupid to be able to fight Agahnim an infinite number of times.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 17:11

except when I return to agahnim's room in ganon's tower, nothing happens.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 17:17

except when I return to agahnim's room in ganon's tower, nothing happens.

Then take what I said before and replace "fight Agahnim an infinite number of times" with "climbing the tower just to get locked in a room with nothing to do".
Very Happy
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 10:24

so how do I remove the bug? it makes no sense as to why in the game hyrule castle was locked. there is nothing the story that does this and dungeons in Zelda games can always be re-explored. it is usually a few minor areas in the modern titles that cannot.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 15:07

Besides "making sense" what would be gained from purposefully creating this situation when you know for a fact that it causes bugs?
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 15:27

because there are chests and rooms that can be missed.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 15:46

I have played through this game hundreds of times and have never encountered this problem.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 18:00

but i see no reason as to why it needs ti be locked. there is nothing story related and therefore arbitrary.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 18:10

Then I guess you'll have to learn to debug and find a solution for yourself. As far as I know, you're the only person who cares about this glitch that is created only by an illogical situation that the player must create by going out of their way to do something that they would have absolutely no reason to do.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 18:26

but i see no reason as to why it needs ti be locked
If those doors are not locked, the game would eventually get into a paradox. The game is telling you to go to the dark world (sotry wise as well - Agahnim has broken the seal of seven wise man - it's time for Link to collect the 7 crystals, there's no need to be in Agahnim's light world dungeon). The original authors didn't know what to do with the Agahnim room - once he is defeated. They had the same problem in Agahnim2 - they should just closed those doors too.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 18:53

when you enter the agahnim2 room in ganon's tower, the door closes but nothing appears. also if you must go do the dark world dungeons then why aren't the other dungeons locked?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next