Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below)

Go down

Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below) Empty Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below)

Post by Zanak Sat 20 Aug 2016 - 10:37

Kaze Emanuar has spent years working on a full fledged SM64 ROM hack, one of the biggest and greatest I've seen yet.

Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below) ?format=1000w
Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below) ?format=1000w
Tomoya's HD twilight princess texture project has evolved into a remaster of twilight princess. Highly recommend checking that one out if you were disappointed by nintendos TPHD remaster for the wii U.

http://twilitportal.org/
Progress of another guy working on remaking/porting over twilight princess to the unreal engine.

Smash Bros Legacy XP seeks to have over 700 stages and an expanded roster, with countless costumes for each character and plenty of custom music. Unlike other Project M mods, this one seeks to add as much content as possible, while retaining decent quality.

Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below) Am2r_logo
Another Metroid 2 Remake is basically what the title says it is. It was finally finished and officially released a week ago after many years of work (since 2006). Nintendo got the official download links taken down, but you can find the full game on the AM2R forums.

Super mario galaxy content ported to super mario sunshine.

A better luigi model for SM64 hacks.

A full fledged megaman X fan game.

https://www.facebook.com/STVOYAGERGP/?fref=nf
For Star Trek Voyager fans, this guy is recreating the entire ship in the unreal engine.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rainfall
One of my favourite Half Life mods in development, the art style is quite different from vanilla Half Life.

https://www.facebook.com/UraZeldaRestoration/?fref=ts  (for the latest updates)
Ty Anderson remaking Links Awakening in the Zelda64 engine. He also is known as InsaneSlug, and has made a twilight princess texture pack and started on a metroid prime texture pack.

Will add more in the future if I missed anything.

EDIT 1:

Super mario sunshine multiplayer coming soon Smile.

Last edited by Zanak on Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 1:39; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed typo.)
Zanak
Zanak
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

Since : 2016-04-28

Back to top Go down

Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below) Empty Re: Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below)

Post by Floki Sat 20 Aug 2016 - 12:00

Some I didn't knew about so thanks for sharing these.

MMX Corrupted been wanting for years through. It perfectly mimics the classic MMX games 1:1!

Floki

Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below) Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below) Empty Re: Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below)

Post by Zanak Sat 20 Aug 2016 - 15:16

Feel free to add the list, I'm looking for new ones to follow.
Zanak
Zanak
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fechdog Mon 29 Aug 2016 - 9:32

Here is a Megaman Battle Network Fan game that's been in the works for over 5 years. I would like to note there has been only one programmer for the entire process and he's reworked the entire game up to this point at least three times from what he told me.

Source Site

Fechdog
Leever
Leever

Since : 2016-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Legacy Yoshi Thu 1 Sep 2016 - 18:07

Nice list of fan games you have, the SMS Project Galaxy one looks very promising, i will watch out for it. Smile

Legacy Yoshi
Newcomer

Since : 2016-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by suFami Sun 4 Sep 2016 - 4:10

I've got a few to keep an eye on.

There's a Super Metroid one in the works that changes the game to Metroid Fusion, however the author (Metaquarius) said the map will be different and what not. He even programmed in SA-X! Just watch this video and you won't even believe this is actually Super Metroid. Really good ASM at work here.X-Fusion

There's also Metroid: Rogue Dawn by Grimlock and others. It's in beta testing right now. New graphics, music, sound effects, you name it. Metroid: Rogue Dawn

A guy named dACE is changing Battle of Olympus for Gameboy to look more like Zelda 2. Really interesting stuff he's doing. Zelda 2 for Gameboy - Missing Link
Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below) Xok60n
Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below) 35a514x
Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below) 2s1qjcn

There's Metal Gear NES Faithful Edition. This revert a lot of the changes of the NES version back to the original MSX version. Also adding the Metal Gear boss back into the game. Metal Gear NES Faithful Edition
Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below) MGNESNEW

Lastly, there's a guy named toruzz making a colorized version of Kaeru no Tame ni Kane Wa Naru, aka "For the Frog the Bell Tolls" (this game runs off of Link's Awakening's engine!). Looks really nice so far. http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,21642.120.html
Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below) TdGb0mN
suFami
suFami
Leever
Leever

Since : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanak Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 16:13

Updated first hack list.
Zanak
Zanak
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanak Tue 21 Mar 2017 - 21:16

Updating the thread folks, more multiplayer hacks have arrived!

2 Player Super Mario World

2 Player Super Mario Sunshine

2 Player Paper Mario 64
Zanak
Zanak
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanak Sun 1 Apr 2018 - 15:58

More thread updates. Some of these aren't fan games, but I felt they should be added.

Kaze Emanuars SM64 OOT.

Super Mario Sunshine 64 DS WIP (Last video was 2 years ago though)

Before:
Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below) 36822527332_680a7d8cb0_o
After:
Fan games / ROM hacks (Further updates in posts below) 36853635731_76a2da5e34_o
(Open images in new TAB for full resolution)
The pictures above are from Nerrel's Majoras Mask HD texture pack. Still WIP, textures are very good and stick close to the original textures.
http://forums.zelda64.net/topic/30283388/

Emuvr: A virtual reality frontend for playing your retrogames, no release yet, still WIP.

Last edited by Zanak on Sun 1 Apr 2018 - 16:06; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Cut down on extra reading.)
Zanak
Zanak
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 15:53

twilight princess hd was a remaster not a remake just like the wind waker.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanak Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 1:37

wizzrobemaster wrote:twilight princess hd was a remaster not a remake just like the wind waker.  

Indeed it was, I rushed too fast when typing that.

EDIT: Fixed first post.
Zanak
Zanak
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

Back to top Go down