Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Empty Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes

Post by Conn Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 8:02

In this first post you always find the latest hotfixes, until they are merged to a 1.1.3, 1.2 or 2.0 version.

To be done:

1. Infinite Signpost
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes The_le10
Fix: simply block the wall from entering from right

2. The Moldorm and Armos bossfight didn't end the first time I killed them, I had to port out and kill them again. The Moldorm head respawned and I was not able to hit him.
Fix: difficult, maybe renounce on one boss, or leave it as it is, as it is quite hard to run into this bug

3. Erock stuff (like shooting through the blocks in retro dungeons)

4. Conn's stuff (like Rogue the bat)

5. Puzz new Jedi Temple fixes (see below)

Fixed:

- bml for higan users
- nimbus problems at boss fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4626piMhW8Y
- Goldstar Voodoo
- Tail when carrying something
- separate patch file: noise fix that randomly appears on collecting ring
Find the collected Fixed stuff here:
Attachments
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Attachment
112_fixes.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Last edited by Conn on Sat 13 May 2017 - 8:28; edited 5 times in total
Conn
Conn

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Empty Re: Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes

Post by W4mp3 Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 13:16

I found two places where you can stuck in Dungeon IX:
https://imgur.com/x3jZIfA
I accidentally hookshot the spikes on the right and got stuck. Only way out was to save & quit.

I've somehow managed to hit the switch and put myself in this situation. First I thought I softlocked myself there but you can actually get out by doing some voodoo magic.

https://imgur.com/w3O45HR
Minor: You can see Conkers tail when carrying something (like the deku nut) and face upwards. Other directions will hide the tail correctly.

W4mp3
Newcomer

Since : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 14:20

The tail when facing up was reported, I though this was fixed, at least it was on my version.

The stuck in the bumpers thing: this definitely was a backlash on the last minute editing of this room, since the room was different on 1.0.

And the third: that problematic room: I thought we fixed that as well, as you can hit that switch falsly with the following: bow, superbomb and seed. I though this was fixed on 1.1.2 to not be able to hit that switch from the bottom (at least this is how it should be).

Also: the Seed+Morning star should also be debugged. This is what you refered to as voodoo (morning star sprite will go to flying seed sprite).

I'll make a fix for the 2 rooms, since this can be done with HM, the other 2 problems are ASM, but like said, they should already be taken care of.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 15:39

I already debugged the rooms 109 and 111 (on video and picture on the upper post), so that's ok now. Also tested the dungeon and now the first part actually needs to be solved the intended way too.

- nitpicking Conker tail when facing upwards, carrying something
Yes, basically when the Jedi-Conker is facing up and carrying something, you can see a small part of his tail, which is false looking. Either the tail is whole or not displayed at all.

Oh wait, it is the Storm-trupper-Conker with the Lighsaber (not Jedi-Conker). Excuse the lack of my StarWars knowledge.

- voodoo morning star flying
I tested this and you already debugged this Conn, but there is this thing: if you explode the seed and then use the Morning star, you can clearly see your debug, since the Morning star can not be lounched. This is valid for most of the time the seed fragment is flying.

But for some reason if you are fast enough it will go to the same display bug: basically when placing the seed, explode it, but immediately switch to morning star and immediately use it. If you do it fast enough, the debug will not work, in all other cases (when you are not that super fast) the debug will work and you can clearly see Morning star not be active until the seed fragment is gone.

So then the Morning star gets loaded instead of seed fragment and flyes over the screen following the same pattern as the seed fragment did (this is known though and was reported when you first debugged it). I like the name too: "voodoo Morning star". (We might leave this in for the speedrunners/glitch abusers, since it is difficult to achieve).

Last edited by Puzzledude on Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 15:55; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 15:44

Here's the Jedi fix (attached).
This will debug rooms 109 and 111 in the Jedi academy and you will also have to solve the dungeon the intended way now.
Not even the voodoo will help you now, since the seed can not fly diagonally (LoL). Not even if voodoo morning star would be possible with boomerang, since the boomerang will not go through the blocks diagonally. Smile

I also have to say room 111 is cursed somehow. At least 5 debugs already, hopefully this is the last one. I solved it like so: to move the Pegswitch to the right. Room is a bit easier now, but debug has priority.

Main problem was: falsly hit the pegswitch with: bow and arrow, superbomb (this was debugged I think) seed, etc. By being on the right all this is not possible now, plus when on the right, you can not get trapped, since you can now hit it upwards. Then 2 possibilities in the final stage: either (place bomb and hookshot down before it explodes, or hookshot down and place the seed, run with shoes to kick it up and explode the seed). Further debug: if you don't have the seed and still hookshot down: I placed one torch to debug - to be able to hookshot back up again. Also: basic test made for both rooms.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 16:49

Conn wrote:Can you post screenshots of your new design?
Sure.

Meanwhile found another problem/bug. If you have a Hookshot, which is faster than Morning star, you can get trapped (again) if you place a bomb and fast hookshot down and left (just barely makes it). Confused

Also debugged - only 3 bytes are change in which the right spike changes into a torch - this is what debuggs it, since you can hookshot out again.

Apply jedi-fix and only then jedi fix-2 on Conker 1.1.2.
I didn't want to merge this in case anyone patched the jedi fix 1 already.

Also do note: my fix is made so, that the same amount of elements is used per room: so the global room-object data does not move, but stays in place (same for sprite data), which radically lowers the possibility of new bugs (in other rooms) because of this edit. Since with this method the code for all other rooms is intact and in-place!

Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 17:04

Can you post screenshots of your new design?

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Debug110

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Debug210

What jedi fix-2 does is that it changes that spike on the bottom right into torch, so you can hookshot out again, if you trap yourself into the bottom-left corner.
Peg switch is now on the righ side. And another torch in the upper middle also debugs it so you can hookshot up if trapped in the very middle.

You also can not exit on the left if the switch gets hit once, and you also can not hit the pegswitch falsly with bow, superbomb, seed ... if standing in the middle left section. So all seems fine on the first look (and basic test) with this design now.

PS
You know who designed this room originally ...
Hint (wasn't me) Laughing
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 17:20

Here's the study of the current situation (if fix 1 and 2 are implemented):

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Debug310

Forgot to add 5 in the picture:
5= can hookshot up (to 2) in any case.

Thus can travel: from 7 or 8 to 9 in all cases, can hit from 3,6,9 in all cases or from 1, 2, 3. Thus can travel on sqares: 1-2-3-6-9-7 back and forth (can always hit switch and thus no trapped situation).

Can travel 2-5 if spikes are up, but 5-2 always. Can travel 5-8 ("use seed", or "bomb placed on 3+hookshot from 2 to 5"). Can always return from 8 to 9, but can never reach 8 from 7 or 9.

Enter on 4. Can go 4-7 if spike is lowered, otherwise closed.
Can not exit on the left (4) if switch is hit once.
Can not hit switch if on 4.

Seems ok now.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 21 Mar 2017 - 13:40

Alright,

- tail when carrying something
- Goldstar voodoo

is fixed

The new patch is attached to the first post (I merged it with the nimbus fix, just redownload and reapply).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 21 Mar 2017 - 15:33

Great. This is getting more and more debugged now. Up to SePH how to handle all this. If he indeed has the ambition to bring out 1.2. I would just go with 1.1.3 or 1.1.4, but like said his call what to do further, specially that global credits-change which also includes the Dev's hideout area.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 21 Mar 2017 - 16:18

I fixed another bug in the meanwhile, when giving 2 firerods blasts, throwing boomerang and then using the goldstar, it bugged as well. But nobody downloaded the fixed yet, so I just replaced.

Yes, I hope these small points are not overextending SePH's last ambitions for this game. But I am sure he finds a few hours to include these last small points for v... whatever. Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 21 Mar 2017 - 16:49

When giving 2 firerods blasts, throwing boomerang and then using the goldstar, it bugged as well.
This combination really is a LoL. But you never know the speedrunners. I guess this is now debugged even for them. I would never thought of doing this actually (it appears neither were all the beta testers).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 12 May 2017 - 10:01

Here's a music bug:

Time 2:01:30 (when he collects the ring and the music change is induced)

I'll see whether I can reproduce/fix it.

Edit:
Pfff... it appears 1 in 50 times approximately. It is a mistake with $2143...
I made a savestate with that awful noice and when I put $012f-80 (sound effect), it is gone. I will give it a try (when $012c-13 (victory theme) is written, to give $012f-80 with it, test it 200 times, and with luck it does the job Very Happy )
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 13 May 2017 - 8:31

Well, it was a bit more complex. APU stuff still is kind of witchcraft to me, especially in this case where it is completely random. I managed with some efforts to make a savestate right before this noise appeared and figured a direct mute store to the music port $2140-2143-80 fixes this problem in my savestate.

The fix patch is downloadable in the first post (updated the fix archive).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 4 Jun 2017 - 23:20

Since I am the original designer of that room please let me explain it in a little more detail.

Note that I designed it with the vanilla Zelda 3 in mind and without knowledge of superbomb, short conker throw, ect.

I knew the original was bugged because you can go up to the blocks with the deku seed and throw and destroy the seed in mid air activating the pegswitch going northbound.

Just copy my image for the bugfix. Notice the rails and blocks.

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Pic%20debug%20fix%20update_zpsmlv3ioqc

This should be the complete bug fix. No need for any torches or moving things around. The rail prevents the red brick from activating the pegswitch.

Again this room design was made with the idea that Link would be able to throw the red brick normally. This was changed where Conker cannot throw far at all. To accommodate for this in this room simply kick the red brick instead of throwing it.

By kicking (dashing into the red brick) you will never get stuck in any of the areas and therefore do not need that additional lantern at the top of the room.

I have also watched several lets plays of other people playing the conker hack and I have a few more bugs to report, but I'll have to post them later.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 6:38

Puzz debugged the room already:

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Debug310

His solution of moved switch appears optically more appealing... Wink

In other news I emptied my wishing well (with some appreciated help from Euclid) and wanted to release the 1.2 patch today. But now you say to post some stuff. To be honest, I am not keen to walk in SePH shoes and let me drive nuts. If you post your stuff in a reasonable time (1-2 days) I'll go through it and see what I can do. But from the 30 points you posted a while ago, I couldn't fix at least one point:

After watching superskuj's play through of the latest version of the game here are my comments. I also made a in dept video that will be posted soon.

1) Foxtail in chest graphic need updated just tell me the requirements (how many colors)

2) Another version of the fox tail needs to be drawn for Conker's walking North direction.

3) Subway dungeon floor tile needs to be drawn better.

4) Galaxy guide item coming from chest has some strange reddish/brown color in it.

5) Weed effect is on when coming out of weed factory. Change is so that the effect stops upon leaving the weed factory.

6) Shirt graphic not changed in item menu. It's your choice on this Seph. You can keep the current shirt or change it to the new version.

7) Arrow graphics show up when it should show slingshot pebbles.

8) Arrow sprite pick up ammo graphic is not the same graphic as actual ammo shot out graphic of the crossbow.

9) Alien babies are blue when they should look pink/flesh color.

10) New firerod graphics not implemented. I'm pretty confident that the new graphics will be awesome.

11) Dr. Who telebooth in cloud dungeon (Garden of Eden) has no purpose?

12) The thor hammer graphic from the chest looks all blue and orange. Once the new graphics are drawn then change the chest graphics to reflect the actual colors of the in game hammer.

13) Remove that one wall in castlevainia dungeon.

14) Color palette of the robots looks off in the Castlevainia dungeon. Looks almost like an NES graphic color palette. Just make the color palette better.

15) Red tile dig shouvel glitch when getting deku seed plant.

16) Cant get through the room backwards with the bumpers and pegs hookshot in Jeti dungeon.

17) Deku platform is still red dispite that in the changelog it cliams to be green in some dungeons.

18) That one room in the jedi dungeon with ring and platform needs to be redesigned.

19) Some of the door ways have like glitch graphics in the rift, anyway to make look better?

20) Bart does not look at all good. Needs to be fixed/changed. Anyway to add another Simpsons character in the Simpsons outside area so it doesn't feel so emtpy?

22) Firerod dungeon remove pot on that one puzzle to avoid that one glitch were you push the block then pick up the pot. Basically the pot north of the block that you push on the floor button. Just delete that pot and all is good.

23) I don't like those two mimic rooms in the parallel dungeon. Find better dungeons designs that I've made or I can custom make something. These two rooms just give me a bad vibe.

24) Poki is blue in triforce dungeon and these colors just look bad. The colors need to be changed so that the enemy looks better.

25) Pushing blocks down a room that repeats over and over like those physically impossible rooms that fall down upon each other over and over. What would happen if you accumulate too many blocks by continuously pushing down blocks. Maybe possible in dev hideout.

26) Triforce shrine duplicate puzzle pick another one. You know, the sword beam puzzle. It would be great if we picked another original puzzle so that the player doesn't already know what to do upon seeing it. It offers nothing new to the player as the player has already done this earlier. As soon as the player sees this, they already know what to do since they have already done it.

27) MSU1 narrator voice starts up too quick upon beating the game and is too quite compared with music. And the Conker voice is too loud is comparison.

28) The Armos Knights in the boss rush have not been turned into the big adult alien. I want an adult Alien to be in the game somewhere and this is the only place I see where it can be put that I know of. The Armos Knights are just using their original graphics and the Alien graphic would look really nice as a replacement. It can't be a Conker game without an Alien from Aliens.

29) The blue bumper and warp tile glitch. You can either physically change the room and move the warp over to the left or put a small rail in front of the warp to block the player from bouncing into it.

So do me a favour and post only stuff you think I am able to fix with my little HM knowledge, don't post palette stuff or graphics (unless you have really good ones).
Also give good explanations screenshots where to find what.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 6 Jun 2017 - 1:51

Okay here are some things.

In the lost woods puzzle at the very start there is a bug in the logic of solving the puzzle which I never saw until now.

If you come from the direction which makes the bunny run to the left you are supposed to exit this screen on the lower left hand side, but technically you could also follow the bunny to the left exiting the screen from the top left side.

Doing it this way is technically correct, since you are following the bunny's direction (left) however it doesn't solve the puzzle as it sets you up in the wrong way after the screen reloads.

I'm not asking for this to be changed, but simply making it known.

------------------------------------------

When you harvest the deku plant it says

Inside there were a Deku seeds. With those, I'll be ...

With proper English it would read

Inside there are Deku seeds. With these, I'll be ...

Basically without this correction the passage is in past tense and present tense at the same time.

------------------------------------------------

There was this one time while watching a playthrough (I'd have to look for it) when someones audio just started buzzing loudly for no apparent reason.

--------------------------------------------------------

Here was a pic of some new artwork. I don't know if the firerod graphic was ever inserted or the big alien to replace the armos knights in the boss rush.

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes All%20of%20the%20sets_zpsqdmarx1q

Speaking of graphics I remember seeing that the alien babies looked very strange when moving horizontally. Apparently it was changed at one point to flip back and forth over the x-axis. I thought it looked better this change was made.

I also have finished hammer graphics and I got the bat (am i sexy) turned into the sunflower girl from conker.

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Hammer_zpspliwmykh

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Sunflower_set_zpsr6ts92ru

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Sunflower_zpsyymwuavw

Also this horizontal wall should be removed.

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Remove%20this%20wall_zpsejxbxush
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 6 Jun 2017 - 3:36

I'll look into it when I am back home, so far:

1. I'll check what's wrong with the bunny riddle
2. Euclid just did a monologue change. If it is between 200-399 I can easily change it, if not I'd have to ask him (again) - in the end this typo isn't worth that effort
3. I made a music fix patch, maybe this is fixed with that
4. amos knight were removed from underverse in my 1.2 as it bugs in 10% of testplays to have 2 bosses in 1 room. I'll see what I can do (restore them and remove the moth instead).
If I change the staff I think it will also change the icerod, Bat: which shall replace that? Obi-wan: I'll see, hammer: I'll see.
sunflower already done in 1.2
Which alien baby change back to.. what?
5. wall: will do.

Edit:
SePH already included your bat:
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Image510
Also he included obi
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Cht12_26
(it could safe some frustration on my end if you'd renounce posting stuff already implemented)

In other news:
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Cht12_27

Edit:
- that wall in clocktower dungeon is needed as you jump across the clockwheels. Why do you want to remove it?
- bunny riddle: there is no solution to this issue... you only have that one screen. SePH made it the cleverest way possible I think.

Edit:
Done with alien, hammer, firerod, sunflower. Deku Seed monologue.

Can not do: alien baby (since I do not know what EXACTLY you need); bat, obi (as they already are inserted

Will not do: wall remove in clocktower, bunny riddle
Unknown: music issue.

I'll wait for your next message whether there's something left to do, then I'll release.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 12:32

or... do you have any inquiries left Erock, as I want to release tomorrow (actually I was already done 2 days ago). If so, pls do not post 100 nitpicking pixel bugs I cannot fix anyways. Only "important" stuff you'll see a chance that I am able to fix.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 13:16

Which alien baby change back to.. what?
Can not do: alien baby (since I do not know what EXACTLY you need)
The problem is the palette. This should be easy fixable via sprite pal edit. Apparently they are blue in the game, while they should be human-coloured.

Will not do: wall remove in clocktower.
I am generally for the wall here, but like said, there's nothing stopping Erock to remove it, since I know this was his wish all along. The same is valid for that Parallel Tower room, which he called a clusterf* room. Indeed the objects are placed so, that the player has less space to walk. Again Erock, nothing is stopping you from editing this.

Erock wrote: This should be the complete bug fix. No need for any torches or moving things around. The rail prevents the red brick from activating the pegswitch.
Yes, there is the need. In your design and remade design you can trap yourself in quadrant 7 permanently, specially if you don't have the morning star and have a regular hookshot. Thus there must be a torch in quadrant 9. Same thing for the peg switch: the optimal position is quadrant 3, not quadrant 1, but it seems you want to forcefully keep it there.

This room indeed seems cursed: bug upon bug report, so I decided to debug it completely uppon at least 3 bug upon bug reports by players. And now you came along wanting to put it into the bugged state (again).

But like said: SePH is out of the project Conker, I'm also out, Conn and Euclid will soon be out; so again Erock, edit the Conker the way you want to. I still don't understand why are you giving suggestions to others: bring that cursed room in the Jedi dungeon back to your bugged design, remove that wall in clocktower etc etc, if you must.

Furthermore, what you wanted to be the most epic and best ALTTP hack, was laughably rejected by some players on You tube calling the Conker hack to be: "garbage hack", "most juvenile s**t ever", "retarded authors" etc. All comments were usually made uppon reading the game's spoof monologues though.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 14:03

The problem is the palette. This should be easy fixable via sprite pal edit. Apparently they are blue in the game, while they should be human-coloured.
mh, I tried hard to address Erock's wish for deku platform green palette, but it's not possible, since the palette must be given in HM (I can switch existing palettes only). And in HM I did find some palette editing stuff, but there is not addressed which enemy (worse, the platform goes as "other sprite" I think), so I cannot push it to green. In the end I have nothing against an exotic red blossom.
Regarding these alien babies: I can switch them to another enemies palette (or Conker), which has brown colors easily. But I do not even know where they appear?! I didn't play one of the later Conker games where they appear, so if somebody can clear this up, I can try.

I am generally for the wall here, but like said, there's nothing stopping Erock to remove it, since I know this was his wish all along.
I don't understand why. This will create a shortcut and the feather jump is obsolete. This will waste the complete lower part of that room.

Erock wrote: This should be the complete bug fix. No need for any torches or moving things around. The rail prevents the red brick from activating the pegswitch.
I applied Puzz patch he posted. I am happy with it. Point of this discussion.

But like said: SePH is out of the project Conker, I'm also out, Conn and Euclid will soon be out; so again Erock, edit the Conker the way you want to.
Yes, I was forced to empty my wishing well on my own (except some appreciated help of monologue move from Euclid), so I recommend this to you Erock: learn HM and help yourself for Conker 1.3.
Until then, I will wait until tomorrow whether you have some valuable suggestions (e.g., I read about a pot in firerod dungeon which bugged in a gameplay, which I couldn't find however due to insufficient description... e.g., which one).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 16:52

But I do not even know where they appear?!
In the Parallel Tower. Originally the sprite is called Right evil, left evil, up evil and down evil. Those are the fish which jump from the strange cannal hole in the water dungeons and fall into the water. They are also in the desert dungeon.

In the end I have nothing against an exotic red blossom.
I wasn't aware of the platform pal, since this is not so easy. This is otherwise fixed to be read. No idea how someone mannaged to even bring it to green in some rooms.

This will create a shortcut and the feather jump is obsolete. This will waste the complete lower part of that room.
That was the idea. He wanted the wall gone, since he thought going around (multiple times) is too tedious. But indeed removing the wall makes the room too easy.

Point of this discussion.
I was pointing this out in case someone would want to unpurposefully bring the room back to its bugged state in possible later versions.

Anyway I hope you finish this Conn, and finally close the work on this with the 1.2, since those new gfx look interesting, specially the alien.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 18:08

I see, I am pretty sure I can change the alien babies to brown.

Ah, so the platforms are sometimes red and in some rooms green? The reason could be my global palette set. In space dungeon, you do not have a green color at all:
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes Image610
Enemies can only have the 8 color palettes in the purple square. The red color palette it uses in space is marked with a blue arrow.
As you can see, no green for enemies is present in space

SePH could have changed the global palette in a room where a green enemy was loaded, so green is present in some rooms. So use the global palette change I've given with care.

I will look tomorrow which code is run on deku seed use, maybe I can stabilize it to a green color (if I' simply change that red in the pic above it may affect other sprites as well.

I was pointing this out in case someone would want to unpurposefully bring the room back to its bugged state in possible later versions.
Therefore I was pointing it out that your version is the final with no further discussion Wink

Anyway I hope you finish this Conn, and finally close the work on this with the 1.2, since those new gfx look interesting, specially the alien.
Yes, I anticipate tomorrow, as I am done with my stuff; I'll only check the babies and the deku seed. If Erock replies until the deadline ends, I will see what I can do for him, if not... well than he can be happy that I addressed at least some points.
After release I will have let it beta tested (as I am not very familiar with HM and monologue stuff, and I know you can corrupt the rom quite easily) and if it is proven bug free the official versions here and at romhacking will be replaced.

And then I am off. Dunno whether I will remove my admin account or leave it for whichever reasons... but I am not here anymore for whichever requests.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 23:55

I thought that the alien babies look strange when they traveled horizontally, but I just checked and I guess that they always been that way.

I still don't think that my debugged room design is still bugged, but as long as your design isn't bugged then fine.

I dislike that one wall barrier in the gear (clock tower) dungeon simply because it forces the player to travel a more difficult path. If this were an actual house and someone built it, everyone living there would agree that it only makes navigation in that room more difficult and inconvenient.  

Here is an analogy. Suppose that your job that you travel to is only 10 minutes away from your house. Now, instead of just driving strait to work you first travel to another city then drive back to your work which takes 4 hours. Now, why would you ever take the more difficult and more inconvenient path when the obvious path is the one that is only 10 minutes away? What, for the sake of difficulty? Because it is too easy to take the 10 minute path? For the sake that someone needs to drive on those roads on the difficult path because if nobody ever drove on those roads then those roads were wasted?

Another thing, will there be a link to the msu1 pack that goes along with this final release? I lost track of which msu1 pack is the most current one. And, did the audio boost on the msu1 thing is fixed/updated? Do we still have to increase the audio boost on the sd2snes cart for MSU1?

Almost forgot, did that bug ever get fixed in my own dev hideout area? The one where if you bounce off of a bumper and then hit the yellow teleporter the game freezes?

As for me, I just recently graduated (this summer) with my masters in math. If I make another game, I will be making it with a modern game engine so I can actually own my own work and I would be releasing it on Steam or a current console.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 8 Jun 2017 - 3:24

Here's your room, is it debugged?

And, can you clear this one up?
22) Firerod dungeon remove pot on that one puzzle to avoid that one glitch were you push the block then pick up the pot. Basically the pot north of the block that you push on the floor button. Just delete that pot and all is good.
which pot shall I remove?

As for msu1, I think that link posted along with the patch is the most recent one. The bml is still corrupt and I hope I can contact SePH, so that he can replace it along with the 1.2 release.

As for your car-work logic, you can go further: why isn't the first room in the first dungeon not Ganon's layer. Then you won't even travel through the complete game Very Happy

Congrats to your master!
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next