Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Empty Re: Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes

Post by Puzzledude Thu 8 Jun 2017 - 15:13

Here's your room, is it debugged?
No, because the speedrunners have found out that the red orb sprite= ie the blue bumper must not be in the same area as the warp, since if you are bouncing from the bumper, you must not step on the warp. The only solution here is to remove the bumper sprite and remake the room, or to find the ASM solution to this why the game freezes when you bounce from the bumper onto the warp.

Firerod dungeon remove pot on that one puzzle to avoid that one glitch were you push the block then pick up the pot. Basically the pot north of the block that you push on the floor button. Just delete that pot and all is good.
And, can you clear this one up? which pot shall I remove?
This is a known bug. Basically when any pushable block is moving - if you in this moment pick up a jar, then the jar can be lifted unlimited amount of times. This is true for every pot which is near the pushable block usually by one unit. Since only then can you lift the jar while the block has not yet moved one unit. When the pushable block is solid, the pot works normally again.

In the Conker game this bug appears in the desert dungeon. It is the first puzzle of the dungeon. This is the bug that superskuj found.

This is what I think of the car metaphor. LoL.

The car doesn't quite cover it. What covers it, is this:
You can come from A to B in either a turn or using a shortcut. All people will by default use a shortcut, because of the natural instinct of simplification and spontanious search for an easier and faster solutions to achieve the same goal.

But the irony is this: taking the turn will take 20 seconds, using the shortcut will take 10 seconds. They gain only 10 seconds. Obviosuly nothing to be worth mentioning, but this is how people react, not knowing that using the shortcut is actually insignificant.

But again Erock, if you don't like the wall, just erase it after the 1.2 version is released.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Empty Re: Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes

Post by Puzzledude Thu 8 Jun 2017 - 15:32

I still don't think that my debugged room design is still bugged.
You wanna bet.

Main problem with all your designs Erock, is that you just make something in HM and do not test it at all.

Remember what you said about IQ hack before you started: "this is going to be bugged", not knowing that I "painfully" beta tested it and debugged it. Then you failed utterly at finishing the game. It's hard to believe that you are good at math. Designing games, games puzzles and solving a bit more complex puzzles is definitely not you stong side, since you also failed at the main block puzzle of the Conker game.

Here the cursed room:
place a bomb, wait until is it blinking and throw it up - hits the switch in you "debugged" version= breaks dungeon.

The switch could also be falsly hit with the seed+morning star and boomerang+morning star and fire rod+morning star and the super bomb. Luckily Conn debugged this.
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Curse_11
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Curse_12
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Curse_10

now go down just before the bomb explodes, result is permastuck
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Curse_14

place a bomb and then hookshot left just before it explodes: can lead to permastuck in the corner unless you are lucky and can escape to the right
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Curse_13
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Curse_19

place a seed and hit it up, use the regular hookshot (morning star not found yet by the player) and grapple left. Activate the seed and again permastuck. This can also be done even if the hookshot and the seed would not be allowed on screen at once, since you can hookshot left in the moment the seed activates the switch and it will still grapple despite the fact the spike are getting in the downwards position.
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Curse_15
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Curse_16
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Curse_17
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Curse_18

Do you now see why there needs to be the torch in that corner (quadrant 9) and the peg switch on the right side (quadrant 3).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 8 Jun 2017 - 16:58

ok... I "fixed" the alien babies:
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Cht12_28
- I rotatated the up movement at 90° and inserted it. It isn't the best solution but at least they don't look like pacman anymore

I tried to figure out deku platform - failed. This must be done in HM if anything (a green palette in every dungeon designed). I give up on this now as it causes much pain, is only small optical, and HM related.

No, because the speedrunners have found out that the red orb sprite= ie the blue bumper must not be in the same area as the warp, since if you are bouncing from the bumper, you must not step on the warp. The only solution here is to remove the bumper sprite and remake the room, or to find the ASM solution to this why the game freezes when you bounce from the bumper onto the warp.
Would it help to move the bouncer further down (redesigning the room)? I can look for an asm solution though.
Edit: Well the room is too small for redesign; I'll try with asm.

This is a known bug. Basically when any pushable block is moving - if you in this moment pick up a jar, then the jar can be lifted unlimited amount of times. This is true for every pot which is near the pushable block usually by one unit. Since only then can you lift the jar while the block has not yet moved one unit. When the pushable block is solid, the pot works normally again.
Pfff... I can check whether I can do some asm on this as well. But I remember that I had some issues with moving blocks already, and debugged something there already. But in the end this could stay as it is, as it doesn't affect the gameplay (neither in sense of gamebreaking nor cheating...).

Ok, seems like the release will be delayed, but when those above two things are debugged I think it is ready Wink
Conn
Conn

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 8 Jun 2017 - 18:08

I can check whether I can do some asm on this as well. But I remember that I had some issues with moving blocks already, and debugged something there already. But in the end this could stay as it is, as it doesn't affect the gameplay
The easiest solution is to simply remove this jar in this one room (desert dungeon just after the start) or to place the jar a bit away from the pushable block.

Would it help to move the bouncer further down (redesigning the room)? I can look for an asm solution though.
Edit: Well the room is too small for redesign; I'll try with asm.
Again the easiest way is to simply remove the bouncing sprite. This makes the original idea irrelevant, but debug has priority. Also in this room the pushable block can be pushed into the pit, which is also not how you want to design, since the game will then put this block to another room until you exit the dungeon. This room simply is poorly designed in general, since it was a trial and error until the upper wall was edited.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 8 Jun 2017 - 20:21

It needs to be noted that some of my room designs and puzzles were actually changed by seph.

Here was the design. Seph actually added that peg which bugs the room.

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Seph%20added%20this_zpsghlnsweh

Here is my original which doesn't have this peg. Also in this image you can see that I did test this out and was aware of the deku seed bug (which is why the statues are there). Seph neglected to put in the statues to prevent the deku seed bug.  Maybe because conkers throw was changed it was easier to make the bomb hit the switch than with vanilla link.

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Going%20for%20a%20loop%202_zpsxuazfonx

Also with the mole room my own hideout area. Seph added that warp, not me.

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Untitled%2017_zpsdlufccnu

And here is my original, which doesn't have a warp. And I tested it out myself as you can see in the image below.

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Mole_zpsil9fy57x

I do agree that the easiest way to debug this room is just to delete the blue bumper.

And here is that room conn with the pot that needs to be removed. Again this pot was added by seph and not me.

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Blahhahahah_zpsln6hzxrw

Here is my original and as you can see that pot isn't there.

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Hahaha%20better%20version_zpssj6fhjjw

So honestly it is rather unfair to blame me for bugs when Seph altered my designs and it was actually him who caused bugs.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 2:00

What do you think about this solution?
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Cht12_34
If I make a block you can hookshot (softlock), if I make a pegswitch, you can softlock when putting the ring off, but the pit seems to work. No way to bounce into the warp Wink
An asm solution might be possible but would have much side effects as I can only disable the warp on bounce in the middle of that routine (sound effect and so on). Much bug affected, so a HM solution is the best!

Problem: warp missing to get back, but you should have the tardis key at that time, right? - I cannot add warps in HM.
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Cht12_30

As for the pots, I cannot reproduce:
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Cht12_32
I move the block to the left and while it moves I pick up the jar. Works fantastic. Do I do anything wrong? It is possible that I already debugged that issue a while ago, but I am not sure.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 7:55

I move the block to the left and while it moves I pick up the jar. Works fantastic. Do I do anything wrong? It is possible that I already debugged that issue a while ago, but I am not sure.
I think you actually pick up the infinite pot from the block you pushed, so now the pushable block becomes the infinite pot. But the solution is easy, the pot you picked up must be removed and that's it.

Problem: warp missing to get back, but you should have the tardis key at that time, right? - I cannot add warps in HM.
Sure you can, warp is just a regular element.

Here is my original which doesn't have this peg.
This peg has to be there, so you can get back out to the left again. That's why it was added.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 9:31

I think you actually pick up the infinite pot from the block you pushed, so now the pushable block becomes the infinite pot. But the solution is easy, the pot you picked up must be removed and that's it.
I think I must watch the video, but it's off. But I am getting tired of this, and just removed that pot from that room...

Also I dared to make the deku platform green by overwriting the red in cgram. If it affects other sprites, let me know so I remove it; I start the beta preparation now.
Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes - Page 2 Cht12_35
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2