I can't get wav2msu working on windows 10

Go down

I can't get wav2msu working on windows 10 Empty I can't get wav2msu working on windows 10

Post by MiniComputer Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 9:44

As the title states I have been having problems getting this to excute in windows 10 media creator edition.
https://github.com/jbaiter/wav2msu

Does someone know how to get this to open in cmd or does it not work with windows 10 at all ?
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2017-11-04

Back to top Go down

I can't get wav2msu working on windows 10 Empty Re: I can't get wav2msu working on windows 10

Post by Relikk Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 11:24

MiniComputer wrote:As the title states I have been having problems getting this to excute in windows 10 media creator edition.
https://github.com/jbaiter/wav2msu

Does someone know how to get this to open in cmd or does it not work with windows 10 at all ?

Works fine for me on Windows 10. Don't forget that it's command line only, there's no GUI. I have a batch file that'll directly convert any files from wav to pcm without loops if you're stuck, for the meantime.
Relikk
Relikk

I can't get wav2msu working on windows 10 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

I can't get wav2msu working on windows 10 Empty Re: I can't get wav2msu working on windows 10

Post by MiniComputer Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 11:46

Cool beans with all due respect I have no idea how to get that to excute or run.
If you don't mind please explain some to get it working,

Thanks

@rellek I understand that, but the cmd opens up and closes quickly without exporting anything.

Please explain to me how to get it open up, I have a .wav file ready from audacity.
I'm doing this mainly because the super metroid msu1 symphony hack does not sound good at all.
Since I have am2r .ogg with a bit of editing and converting to .wav.
Some of the songs from it would do much better.

Last edited by MiniComputer on Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 11:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 11:53

You have to open a command prompt and navigate to the folder where the wav2msu exe is located. Once you're there the command to convert your wav is:

wav2msu file.wav

"File" is the name of whatever wav you're converting. So, example: if your file is called metroid.wav then you use that instead.

Last edited by Relikk on Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 11:54; edited 1 time in total
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 11:54

As stated, it is a command line tool. You don't open it. You execute it.

You can build a bat file (save a notepad text as .bat) with one of the following arguments if using the vanilla build:

Code:
wav2msu *.wav
wav2msu *.wav "custom-name".pcm
wav2msu *.wav -l 0x123456 (Hex sample loop point)
wav2msu *.wav -l 123456 (44khz sample loop point)

Remember to put the .bat file in the same folder as wav2msu.exe

Additionaly, it's pointless to convert the .ogg files to .wav, since the tool has support for the Vorbis container, though if you edited them, it makes sense to be .wav to avoid double lossy compression.
Colines
Colines

I can't get wav2msu working on windows 10 Image111

Since : 2015-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 13:26

Sorry but most of what you said still doesn't work for some odd reason.
However though I dragged the .wav into wav2msu.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1jpn55i16nb5m0v/musArea2A.pcm
It dropped the .pcm as expected, audacity reads it fine.
None the less thank you both for helping.
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Troydaboy Tue 20 Mar 2018 - 18:46

I wish someone would just make a video instead of trying to explain it.

Troydaboy
Bee
Bee

Since : 2018-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 10:22

Troydaboy wrote:I wish someone would just make a video instead of trying to explain it.

It's simpler than it sounds. Basic tutorial would be...

- Have a WAV file of the track (or tracks) you want to use
- Put that WAV file inside the folder that contains the wav2msu.exe file
- Open a command prompt and navigate to folder that contains the wav2msu.exe file
- Type in (without the quotations) "wav2msu nameofyourwavfile.wav"
- The result of that will give you a .pcm file with the same name as your WAV file

And that's it, really. You can now use that .pcm file in an MSU1 hack (provided it's named and numbered correctly for the hack you're playing).
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 15:18

Alternatively, if you're not specifying loop points (which you probably should, but that might be more complex than you're wanting to do), you can just drag-and-drop a single .wav file onto wav2msu and it should work, as you discovered. The reason for this is that when you drag-and-drop a file onto a .exe, Windows interprets that the same as running the .exe with the file you dropped as a command-line argument, e.g. if you drop mysong.wav onto wav2msu.exe, that's the same as running "wav2msu.exe mysong.wav" which is why it works. However, if you do want to specify loop points, you're going to have to do that from the command line like this: "wav2msu.exe mysong.wav -l 12345" (where 12345 should be replaced with your loop point, specified as a sample number).
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

I can't get wav2msu working on windows 10 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Troydaboy Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 19:25

Wav2msu still fails to do anything. Maybe Windows 10 does not support these things?

Troydaboy
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 19:28

Works fine for me on Windows 10.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by emuandco Sun 25 Mar 2018 - 11:05

You just need to learn some basic console handling to work with it. I used wav2msu on Win10 FCA and there NO problem at all. This is a console executable and no GUI toy. Just google for "howto Windows command line" or "howto Windows console" and you are set.
emuandco
emuandco

I can't get wav2msu working on windows 10 Image213

Since : 2014-10-20

http://www.dreimer.de

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer Sun 25 Mar 2018 - 23:56

Wrong emuandco either explain it clearly or don't bother. Sob
@ troyda download this first.
https://www.audacityteam.org/
Then this for quick audio conversion
https://www.freac.org/
Say you have super mario brothers level 1.mp3.
Click file import audio, navigate to my music folder which is where you want it to began with and choose that file.
Next play it to make sure it sounds fine, then you look down at the bottom of the screen.
Change the project audio rate to 44100, someone at metroid construction mentioned how to do this.

Now you click on export.wav, and click save.
Now find your smb1.wav, right click copy, move it to a folder with wav2msu.exe.
Now copy that file again, find wav2msu, right click then paste it into the program.

If nothing is wrong with the .wav file it will dump it as so.
Now for assigning the .pcm to the music tracks someome else will need to help you.
Here is something to look at as an example.
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Troydaboy Mon 26 Mar 2018 - 13:32

@minicomputer I followed the instructions and nothing still came out. It seems to be that rather I cant run .exe in general. Rn I am using a surface pro 3 but ill try it out on another Windows 10 computer to see if its just something to do with the computer

Troydaboy
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 26 Mar 2018 - 13:39

What is happening exactly when you're trying to "run .exe"?
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Troydaboy Wed 28 Mar 2018 - 11:13

@minicomputer Well if I click on it it show a small command window for less than e second and close, the command prompt will usually say something along the lines of invalid code or section. I ve also tried Vdos and couldnt get this thing to work. Maybe Im that dumb?

Troydaboy
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Wed 28 Mar 2018 - 11:31

Ok, just try this for the time being...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouim0ow-4dKzHkeXSW

Download that. It's a batch file that'll convert any WAV files you have with wav2msu. Extract the .bat file from the zip, put the .bat file and any WAV files into the same folder as your wav2msu.exe. Then run the .bat file. It should convert the WAV files into PCM files.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 23:17

Troydaboy wrote:@minicomputer Well if I click on it it show a small command window for less than e second and close, the command prompt will usually say something along the lines of invalid code or section. I ve also tried Vdos and couldnt get this thing to work. Maybe Im that dumb?

No need to double click on the program just highlight your wav file.
Drag it over to wav2msu and drop it in, like I mentioned earlier in my post.
If you do it like that 9 times out of 10 it will work, also works fine with w10 so don't sweat it.
Just a heads uo don't play that wave file while dropping it into wav2msu.
I know it sounds weird but programs needed exclusive rights to files while in use with programs especially cmd.
\_(ツ)_/¯
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Fri 30 Mar 2018 - 3:51

Also, try right-clicking on the .exe and going to properties. If there is a button or checkbox that says "Unblock" you need to click that and then hit Ok.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

I can't get wav2msu working on windows 10 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jvhellraiser Sun 19 Jul 2020 - 14:41

Hello guys, i have Zelda ost -Dracula9AntiChapel just got it
and i want to use it in my Zelda the confusion is how to know the order of the songs? how do i grab my collection and do PCM's in the right order and how does the game knows is the right order? for example here you have a conversion of Dracula9AntiChapel in PCM already but as i check the PCM and the MP3's from the collection some music is either missing
or was not use. i want to know how do i use those like the Flute Boy's Song...is the one when the lost boy appears in the forest that he is playing the flute. i have that mp3 but i don't know where to add it. please help.

jvhellraiser
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2020-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 19 Jul 2020 - 16:34

You only can msu background music.
The fluteboy "music" is sfx, alike the playing ocarina, sword swinging etc... which cannot be msu:ed.

Theme list (both hex and dec in clamps for your pcm)
Overworld:
-01 (01)Triforce + title screen
-02 (02)Overworld
-03 (03)Rain
-04 (04)Rabbit
-05 (05)Lost Woods
-06 (06)Introduction
-07 (07)Kakariko Village
-08 (08)Portal SFX
-09 (09)Dark World
-0A (10)Master Sword
-0B (11)Name select screen
-0C (12)Guard summoned
-0D (13)Skull Woods
-0E (14)Minigame
-0F (15)Title screen only

Indoors:
-10 (16)Hyrule Castle
-11 (17)Light World dungeon
-12 (18)Cave
-13 (19)Medallion/crystal acquired
-14 (20)Sanctuary
-15 (21)Boss
-16 (22)Dark World dungeon
-17 (23)Fortune Teller
-18 (24)Cave (appears to be identical to -12)
-19 (25)Zelda rescued in prison
-1A (26)Sage rescued in crystal
-1B (27)Fairy spring
-1C (28)Ganon's theme only
-1D (29)Ganon appears in Agahnim's shadow
-1E (30)Face-to-face + Ganon's theme
-1F (31)Ganon battle

+ 3 ending themes
20(32), 21(33),22(34)

+ video track 23 (35)
Conn
Conn