MEGA link
YouTube Preview| Rich Douglas website

SC-55 set by GyaragaX
MEGA link
YouTube Preview

----

GoogleDocs Track Map:
Link

Thanks to DarkSamus and Polargames for the provided research material to get this patch project started.

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 25 May 2020 - 19:15; edited 23 times in total
pev

Wolfenstein 3D - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Wolfenstein 3D :: Comments

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 14:14 by pev

@gyaragax If possible, can you provide a video from the original ROM to see how the music is sequenced (from the area the music is not played).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 15:24 by Conn

I can tell you as well:
https://youtu.be/Upr-KNWeZjs?t=11272

Overall screen:
https://youtu.be/Upr-KNWeZjs?t=11283
plays track 211 (not part of your set)

Credit Screen
https://youtu.be/Upr-KNWeZjs?t=11355
plays track 218 (not part of your set)

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 15:33 by pev

@Polar We are going to need some TeknoAxe samples to go with these themes that Conn has mentioned in the post above.

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 16:55 by gyaragax

So, following the Victory, after hitting a button, it goes to the Mission Complete screen and tries to play:

cfff57 sta $002004   [002004] A:0faa (170) NOT PART OF PCM set

I copied 178, which normally plays for this screen after other levels and renamed the copy to 170. It played here as it should, with the proper name.

For the Overall score, it then tries to play:

cfff57 sta $002004   [002004] A:0fcb (203) NOT PART OF PCM set

Likewise, I made a copy of the Mission Briefing track 205 and renamed it to 203. It played here, just fine.

For the final developer credits screen, it tries to play:

cfff57 sta $002004   [002004] A:0fd2 (210) NOT PART OF PCM set

Again, here, I copied track 240 and renamed it to 210. It also played just fine.

Everything is in the code just fine, it's just that a couple tracks were missing from the PCM set, and a couple tracks in the set 04 and 06 don't appear in the game.

So it's all good, from a coding standpoint.

edit: To be clear, I'm using the v1.2 patch, and I didn't see track 211 or 218 come up.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 17:48 by Conn

Uhm that's strange.
It could be related to that I'm using the password to get to stage 6-6

Loaded w3d.
Breakpoint 0 hit (1).
cfff57 sta $002004   [002004] A:0fb2
Mission Complete, track 178, you get 170 (aa)

Breakpoint 0 hit (2).
cfff57 sta $002004   [002004] A:0fd3
Overall Screen, track 211, you get 203 (cb)

Breakpoint 0 hit (3).
cfff57 sta $002004   [002004] A:0005
Staff... No issues for both of us

Breakpoint 0 hit (4).
cfff57 sta $002004   [002004] A:0fda
credit screen, track 218, you get d2, 210

Breakpoint 0 hit (5).
cfff57 sta $002004   [002004] A:0000
Title screen again.

I attached a savestate in one of my last posts (page 2, the very last post in the bottom), try it yourself.
Password I used is 6-6: BCKLTP

Ah well. It might be easily solved if you simply put the missing pcm:s twice, Pev with both numbers.

Last edited by Conn on Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 18:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 18:01 by gyaragax

Conn wrote:It could be related to that I'm using the password to get to stage 6-6

Yeah, that may be. I have been using the stage select menu (Holding R at startup, letting go at title screen, then hitting UP and Select), or otherwise advancing through all levels with the stage skip code (Pause, UP, B, R,B, Unpause). rather than the password system, to get to 6-6.

Whether I then defeat Hitler or use the stage skip to beat the level, I get the same results.

I will try your method in a while to see if I can replicate it.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 18:06 by Conn

I traced a bit.
Mission complete:
c02d62 adc #$0808             A:07aa
c02d65 tcs                    A:0fb2
gyaragax gets aa, I b2

overall:
c02d62 adc #$0808             A:07cb
c02d65 tcs                    A:0fd3
gyaragax gets cb, I d3

It seems in my code is that adc #$0808 executed but not in gyaragax (for unknown reasons)... so yeah. Covering both is in any case a good idea.

Summary what is needed:

Mission Complete: 178 (already part of the pcm set) and 170

Overall Screen: 211 and 203

credit screen: 218 and 210

(you notice that there's repeatedly 8 difference between our findings)

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 18:59 by gyaragax

Confirming. When I used the password BCKLTP to get to 6-6, after completing the level, I got the same results as you, @Conn. So duplicating those pcms to cover all those cases covers everything.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 19:35 by Polargames

gyaragax wrote:Confirming. When I used the password BCKLTP to get to 6-6, after completing the level, I got the same results as you, @Conn. So duplicating those pcms to cover all those cases covers everything.

Hello gyaragax, I am Polar, I have here the hex code that was used. Now this is for the areas that were covered in the game https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MlMml3VQmrxH_KBogsmf_yFcqF__bD-XGCiq2EteZ5I/edit#gid=1278053314

I would also like to state that this game was one heck of a game to msu, It was a major pain, @Conn can vow for that, The ingame music was very poorly made when it was ported to the snes back in the day and tbh I was supprised the og music worked. I do want to say thank you thought for letting us know about this and I would like to say we can fix it, but telling you the truth on the matter its really was how the game was built, So sadly there is nothing for us to do on that part, but I do hope the pcm hex codes we have posted answers your qustens, and your solution of doubleing the tracks is great also. I hope that I at least hope cleared things up for you. But I think @Conn and @Pepvs answers are a lot better then mine because they have more knowlage in this then I do.

I would like to say a huge thank you for takeing intrested in the game to make a OST pcm pack for it. On behalf of everyone here, Thank you very much Very Happy .

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 20:27 by gyaragax

Yeah, it's all good, Polar. I think everybody's on the same page now as far as what gets triggered where, so we have a full accounting. Thanks all for taking the time to get it working in the first place.

I wonder if the guys on RHDN are continuing work on their uncensored patch? I saw your comment over there, Polar. It would be pretty neat, if they ever get that done, if it could be combined with MSU.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 20:38 by Polargames

gyaragax wrote:Yeah, it's all good, Polar. I think everybody's on the same page now as far as what gets triggered where, so we have a full accounting. Thanks all for taking the time to get it working in the first place.

I wonder if the guys on RHDN are continuing work on their uncensored patch? I saw your comment over there, Polar. It would be pretty neat, if they ever get that done, if it could be combined with MSU.

I am happy to hear that. Smile I know I hope it gets released some day soon, because if it dones, I will sure patch it to a least my version. I would link it as well, but in some countries anything dealing with Germany in WW2 is illeagle, Of cource that includes germany, So it would be up to who ever downloads it to make sure it ok where they live at. I have no clue if its even been thought of. The last post was from a while ago beside mine. I commented to ask for help in this game to get msu.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 1:43 by pev

@Polar Updated the W3D track map list with those extra tracks. I will need two more tracks from your "handy dandy" collection to make them PCMs. I already duplicated track 178 as 170 and updated the PCM pack.

As soon as you can find me suitable files to edit. I will add the "Overall Screen" and "Credits Screen" to the pack.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 2:37 by Polargames

pepillopev wrote:@Polar Updated the W3D track map list with those extra tracks. I will need two more tracks from your "handy dandy" collection to make them PCMs. I already duplicated track 178 as 170 and updated the PCM pack.

As soon as you can find me suitable files to edit. I will add the "Overall Screen" and "Credits Screen" to the pack.

More Music comming right up Smile

New music has been added for you, The links are in the google doc. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 10:39 by pev

@Polar Nice. I will do them, time permitting.

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 11:01 by gyaragax

@pepillopev @Polar Track 240 plays for the developer credits elsewhere, during the game's attract mode. You could just use that for 210 & 218. Though 240 is, itself, the same as 235.

If you use a new one for the end credits, you may as well update the credits elsewhere for uniformity, since it's the same screen. Though, now that I think about it further, it's a quick screen in the attract mode, like 5 seconds, and stays up at the end, until you press a button, so it would make more sense for a longer track rather than a short loop, there.

In the way the unpatched game works, during the Overall screen, it plays the Mission Briefing music, 205. You could just use that for 203 and 211.

The new track for the Overall screen on the Google doc is the same as track 08.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 12:40 by Polargames

gyaragax wrote:@pepillopev @Polar Track 240 plays for the developer credits elsewhere, during the game's attract mode. You could just use that for 210 & 218. Though 240 is, itself, the same as 235.

If you use a new one for the end credits, you may as well update the credits elsewhere for uniformity, since it's the same screen. Though, now that I think about it further, it's a quick screen in the attract mode, like 5 seconds, and stays up at the end, until you press a button, so it would make more sense for a longer track rather than a short loop, there.

In the way the unpatched game works, during the Overall screen, it plays the Mission Briefing music, 205. You could just use that for 203 and 211.

The new track for the Overall screen on the Google doc is the same as track 08.

Thank you for letting me know that, My bad, I will make sure to fix that. :-). Ok I got it fixed. To answer the rest of your qusten I will leave that to Pepv or Conn because that would be there area on know how.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 9 Aug 2018 - 10:58 by pev

@gyaragax Following your suggestions, I went ahead and duplicated those tracks. By the time this comment is posted, they should be uploaded and set to version 1.1 Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 9 Aug 2018 - 13:43 by Conn

Thanks a lot Pev, hopefully we can close this chapter now Very Happy

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Thu 9 Aug 2018 - 23:47 by gyaragax

I found one more, in further testing. Laughing

In testing the volume level for my boss track, I used the level select menu to go to 1-3. Killed Hans Grösse and ended the level normally. At the following Mission Briefing screen, there was no music there, so I traced it to:

cfff57 sta $002004   [002004] A:0fc5 (197)

So, that one's another 205 duplicate.

Sorry I keep finding more. Razz Thanks again, everybody.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 11 Aug 2018 - 16:43 by pev

@gyaragax Updated track map list and PCM set, now at version 1.2 (track 197 is in the set). Thanks.

@Conn The download link is the same Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 11 Aug 2018 - 19:09 by Conn

Thanks Pev, let's finish things up as far as it is possible like this one, and reject all further projects so we both can retire eventually Smile Smile Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 11 Aug 2018 - 19:37 by pev

@Conn All I’m doing from here on is maintenance stuff. No more projects, lol. I’m with you on retirement.

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 10:11 by gyaragax

I've finished one pcm pack using Rich Douglas's score:

Rich gave his blessing for his music to be used for this, so if you wouldn't mind crediting him and linking his website and the YouTube link above, where the album can be heard, that'd be appreciated.

Here's a MEGA link for the pack and a Google Drive link as well.

Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 19:41 by Conn

Sounds awesome, thanks, I added it to first post Very Happy

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Wed 22 Aug 2018 - 1:56 by gyaragax

I put together another pcm set, this one using the PC MIDI tracks and Patch93's SC-55 soundfont to replicate the original Roland Sound Canvas sound. Get Psyched!

MEGA link

Google Drive link

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next