Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars Empty Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars

Patch

Mario RPG patch by Conn (updated December 2023)
Code:
Download:
https://mega.nz/file/9mkBjbYD#KU_hE4uF2930uonRM-TiYECPgkZvok-IY0q4oT0J86U

Mirror:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5zs9ox3yfbz1u9s/smrpg_msu_patch_2023.zip/file

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Yoshi race glitch that freezes the game has been fixed. However, the PCM sets need to be updated to truly fix it. You need both PCM-16 to be replaced with a new version and PCM-127 to be added. The patch zip file comes with replacement music if you need to update something you already downloaded. Each PCM set below has been updated to include the new tracks as well.

Known Glitch - A few emulators will freeze after getting an Invincibility Star (like the one you get in the stage Bandit's Way). If this is the case, remove PCM-8 from your folder and it will play the original soundtrack and not freeze up. I can confirm Nintendo Wii emulators will cause the freeze and most Wii U ones.

Known Glitch - There are slight music errors with the dream sequence in Monstro Town and Nimbus Town. It is very minor and does not distract much from the experience.

PCM Sets

Switch Remastered PCM Set (by JUD6MENT)
Code:
Download:
https://mega.nz/file/PYtU0RQC#u_cZ5_ExD3y-YLTtmRanIC-yaxO4jLF3kHzOTLK_QOQ

Mirror:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/iatyu8vx3mztule/SM_RPG_Switch_Remastered_MSU-1.zip/file

Mirror:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15nn83s72onRINnV8HIuj19XJEMStm2DN/view?usp=sharing
YouTube Preview
Sidenote: The “Happy Parade” track that plays at the end is done by Purple¹²²²¹¹⁹. The switch version is a third of the length and arranged very differently, it was not going to work on the SNES version.

Orchestral Set by JUD6MENT (December 2023 Update)
Code:
Download:
https://mega.nz/file/430SRTAD#_Qhp22DBLDJaxsOsRqq8XC7qnGMF8oTTYfaT7kIZnpI

Mirror:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/sxa8551t8vw49uo/Mario_RPG_Orchestra_2023_update.zip/file

Mirror:
https://archive.org/details/mario-rpg-orchestra-2023-update
YouTube Preview
Description: This PCM set has 33 tracks from the Switch Remake, 17 tracks from Purple¹²²²¹¹⁹ Music, 4 tracks from The Noble Demon, and 7 music tracks from different various artists. The Youtube Preview description shows a master list of music artist credit.

Purple¹²²²¹¹⁹ Orchestral Music v3 presented by JUD6MENT (updated Nov 3rd 2023)
Code:
Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qf9wndc2bhdo6vw/SM_RPG_Purple1222119_MSU-1_v3.zip/file

Mirror:
https://mega.nz/file/M7dHTAQL#RREUBhYNBG0Rh4J0nXTTkwDCXZMTSoLdygCixjDRHqM

Mirror:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18gSWWtTbbGKwX0nqsoqhB-Yx3KpsrGjW/view?usp=sharing
YouTube Preview

PCM Set presented by Psypher the Psynergist (updated October 5th 2023)
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/RaFmyJIb#-Owcylrzhz3HX2GredIaf6EZr38NN-Y6Z7SeqT7W8xU
YouTube Preview
Description: This new set replaces the old PCM set by Psynergist as it now contain all brand new remixed by Psynergist himself.

Achieved PCM Set

Original PCM Set by JUD6MENT (very outdated but still has unique music not found in the other sets)
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/76ghEaqD#X8tSkasMBPY9abeJPxrb05VJkof-Fz-vNsnRwXSZ4gE
YouTube Preview
SIDENOTE: I would not recommend this PCM set anymore as it is outdated and the newer sets have better music in my opinion. However, this set does have a large amount of different artists that maybe you will like if you wanted to take a look at it.

Last edited by JUD6MENT on Sun 17 Dec 2023 - 23:01; edited 40 times in total
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars :: Comments

JUD6MENT

Post Thu 11 Oct 2018 - 23:38 by JUD6MENT

Ok, its finally done. This was a long project. Check back here every now and then. If i find more music files i like in the future i will update the PCMs accordingly and leave a comment about it here.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Thu 11 Oct 2018 - 23:39 by Polargames

CONGRATS!!!! This is very awesome, and congrats on the pcms as well. Cannot wait to give it a play. :-D, O I also have cover art for it as well. It will be in my drive and in the art area of the site.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Fri 12 Oct 2018 - 1:39 by JUD6MENT

Ok, I just updated the download link in the first post to be one Zip file so it is easier to download. I will post the old download method that allows access to a single file here in this comment.

Old link with single files:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b9kSEGx5mcB9rc-BxHyOJiYjcs9QcGOz

This link will also make it easier to download any updated track in the future if I ever do one.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 12 Oct 2018 - 4:54 by Conn

Congrats also from my side... great job! RPG:s are like stated before worst to msu, and 60+ tracks are really a lot! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 12 Oct 2018 - 6:51 by Tsolo

Also compatible with the spanish translation from Romhacking

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 12 Oct 2018 - 14:06 by MadK9

Thank you as always, top notch stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 12 Oct 2018 - 17:23 by Señor Ventura

Is only for emulators?. Games with SA-1 + msu1 doesn't work along with the sd2snes, right?.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Fri 12 Oct 2018 - 17:37 by JUD6MENT

I am actually not sure. If someone able to test it and report that would be great. If you have a soft mod wii or wii u it works great on them. I personally like to play it on at least some sort of console rather than computer

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 12 Oct 2018 - 21:01 by pev

@Señor Ventura SA-1 games will boot on Sd2Snes just fine (given you are on the latest supported update). You will just get no MSU1 audio, for now. Since MarioRPG has SPC fallback, you will get SPC audio instead. There is an article from retroRGB regarding the status of SA-1+MSU1 coexisting below.

http://retrorgb.com/sd2snes-sa-1-chip-updates.html

The article pretty much sums it up as “Up in the Air” due FPGA space restrictions. However, Smokemonster demoed Kirby3 with SA1+MSU1 working on his YouTube page a while back before removing the live stream.

Smokemonster pretty much is closely working with RedGuy on testing. He would be the go to guy for answers regarding SA-1+MSU1. As of now, I have noticed in his recent live streams, he casually ignores MSU1 related questions.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Fri 12 Oct 2018 - 21:18 by Polargames

wow, I thought that maybe there would be some progress on sd2snes reguarding MSU1 games. Up in the air could mean a long time from now. Also why would smokemonster casually ignore qustens from players asking about it? makes one wounder. I really hope this does get fix at some point so people can enjoy these awesome games on there favorite hardware. :-)

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 13 Oct 2018 - 4:32 by Relikk

Polargames wrote:Also why would smokemonster casually ignore qustens from players asking about it?

It's a copyright minefield. I guess he doesn't want to bring any unwanted attention to himself.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 13 Oct 2018 - 9:32 by pev

Relikk wrote:It's a copyright minefield

Yup, that is painfully obvious especially with Nintendo on the offensive. I too pulled all my MSU related content and closed my YouTube account for the same “copyright minefield” reason. I have other things to worry about. The last thing I need is a cease and desist letter from Nintendo.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 13 Oct 2018 - 9:40 by pev

@Polargames I believe the Sd2Snes development just slowed down bit. Efficient coding is an art form in itself that just takes time and a lot of collaboration to reach the end game. RedGuy (or someone else) will reach the end eventually.

As I said earlier, in one of Smokemonsters live streams he showcased Kirby3 working with MSU1. Only reason I became aware of it was due to Kurrono. Within hours after the live steaming, Smoke took it down.

So, there is some sort of testing going around. All we have to do is just be patient.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sat 13 Oct 2018 - 12:35 by Polargames

Relikk wrote:
Polargames wrote:Also why would smokemonster casually ignore qustens from players asking about it?

It's a copyright minefield. I guess he doesn't want to bring any unwanted attention to himself.

Oh, I see. I have forgot that nintendo has been on the war path on that part. Thank you for remineing me on that Smile

Last edited by Polargames on Sat 13 Oct 2018 - 12:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot a thank you)

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sat 13 Oct 2018 - 12:47 by Polargames

pepillopev wrote:@Polargames I believe the Sd2Snes development just slowed down bit. Efficient coding is an art form in itself that just takes time and a lot of collaboration to reach the end game. RedGuy (or someone else) will reach the end eventually.

As I said earlier, in one of Smokemonsters live streams he showcased Kirby3 working with MSU1. Only reason I became aware of it was due to Kurrono. Within hours after the live steaming, Smoke took it down.

So, there is some sort of testing going around. All we have to do is just be patient.

Oh, I understand that, cannot rush good art :-), I guess because I do not have a sd2snes and just use an emulator on pc I tend to forget that. Also I wish that would not be in the copyright minefield, mybe its just me but I really do not see any harm in sd2snes at all. Its a really cool peice of hardware that gives a person a fresh stand on old classic games. I wish nintendo were not on a war path about streams and youtube videos. Heck a channel I watch on youtube got its second strike because they had a walkthrew on how to install things on a switch, and in the comments below another youtube user said they got one when doing a mario walkthrew without sound. I do not blame you on getting rid of your youtube account Pepv at all. With everything I have seen on there soon one will not be able to make a video.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 13 Oct 2018 - 13:00 by pev

@Polargames It is not that bad as it seems. Everyone in the scene has to just thread lightly, for now. In essence, taking strong precautions from attracting too much attention to oneself or the community.

Now it is very important that we do not give anyone the impression that our site hosts ROMs with our patches (which we never do here anyway). This is why we remind everyone that is a big No No. But Nintendo has been known to go after sites hacking their most popular brands, not involving ROMs too (like the Pokémon series).

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sat 13 Oct 2018 - 21:15 by Polargames

I understand that. It's more like a speakeasy thing back when booze was a no no. I have seen that on the site when I first join this forum that roms are not here and do not ask about them. Which is fine with me. I know nintendo has gone for fan made games like pokemon Uranium and a person that remade super mario 64 in HD, but are there more sites that I do not know of? Would that mean like Rom hacking.net could be a huge target in theory at least, althought they don't have roms at all?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 13 Oct 2018 - 21:47 by pev

@Polargames As long as no one touches Nintendo stuff too much, it should be fine. Not hosting ROMs at all is even more safe. But you never know.

I think were we will get hit more is in the PCM arena (example, using OSTs for games like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, etc). Sure, the lawyers can DMCA someone hosting the PCMs, but someone else will bring it up to take its place.

Heck, I have been seeing a bunch of Brazilian sites popping up hosting a complete MSU game package (includes patched ROM and PCMs in one download). Who knows how much possible trouble that will kick back to us (hopefully not). I always been more on the paranoid side and, in the end, it just my opinion after all.

Will it stop me from hacking? Nope. You just got be careful, that is all.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sun 14 Oct 2018 - 0:15 by Polargames

@Pepillopev, I agree with you on that, I wish Nintendo would leave people alone on the roms part. For me it was not hurting anyone and as long people were not selling them, I do not see any issue. To be honest I was shocked when the SNES mini came out and some one had hacked it and uploaded Star Fox 2 that nintendo did not thing about it at that time. I had thought that was strange.

I also understand you on the pcm's, but if the games that are not 100% Nintendo made, but was third party made, would that make a difference at all. I have not heard any thing about a third party haveing issues with roms. But maybe I had missed something. That is just a theory on my part. ( Knocks on wood).

I too have seen Brazilian sites that host the full games as well. I had found one of these sites when I was reading about old video games. One of them had the this sites name and link, that is how I had found this fourm. I do not think it would hurt you guys because they the brazil sites are the ones hosting the content in full, not like here where it is not. Also in Brazil I belive they in the country do not honor copyright and/or are very relaxed in that area, but I could be wrong. lol

I am happy to hear that you still will keep on hacking because you have done a lot of great work on that end. :-) Its really cool to see different hacks being made.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sun 14 Oct 2018 - 0:31 by JUD6MENT

Polar, actually a fully finished beta version of star fox 2 was uploaded to the internet years ago. It was cool to see nintendo officially release it, with an english translation as well.

Back to top Go down

Lordmonkus

Post Sun 14 Oct 2018 - 19:06 by Lordmonkus

Great release, thanks for the work and was surprised to see my cover included in the PCM download, made me smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sun 14 Oct 2018 - 23:32 by Polargames

JUD6MENT wrote:Polar, actually a fully finished beta version of star fox 2 was uploaded to the internet years ago. It was cool to see nintendo officially release it, with an english translation as well.

So it was nintendo that did it, that is new to me because from what I was told by a friend of mine that it was one of the team menbers had did it because the game was finished, but the canceled it when it was done. But hey thank you for the new information on it Smile

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sun 14 Oct 2018 - 23:33 by Polargames

Lordmonkus wrote:Great release, thanks for the work and was surprised to see my cover included in the PCM download, made me smile Smile

Great Job on the cover art Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Lordmonkus

Post Mon 15 Oct 2018 - 0:51 by Lordmonkus

hehe well like you Polargames, I can't claim any real work on any covers I make, I Just find good art made by others and put it together. I wish I had real art skills to make art. I'm just glad that what I put together people like and want to use it in their frontends or wherever.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next