Alpha 1 CPS2 Arcade & Arranged Character Remixes Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouge1ZpXL6Maat4U40Bg

Original SPC Soundtrack Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!Mjg10aAR!ZO6of_Yf32VUlJ_MKom58nNIiVwwIwatrVhgGZfNEyo

Alpha 3 Pack (by Cyber_Yagami):
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pdpgkschbo45k7l/Street_Fighter_Alpha_2_%28SFA3%29_MSU-1.7z/file

- Track Map -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16XaHd5GuETa66E4uoH-AdMzdcaTVdIV9_SXnM-RA4EI

- Changelog -

Code:
20221021:
---------
- Fixed a bug with MSU data file

20221013:
---------
- Fixed a bug where the game would freeze after the announcer says "FIGHT!" when facing Zangief as an opponent

20220902:
---------
- Now both "Z" sequences have all frames

20210621:
---------
- Fixed black screen crash after some fights
- Added Shin Akuma ranking portrait
- Added Shin Akuma lose portrait at continue/game over screen

20210620:
---------
- Implemented optimisations from Min
- Simplified Shin Akuma selection code (removed the P2 "L,X,Y + Start" check at title screen)

20210614:
---------
- Fixed Raging Demon while "Round X"
- Charlie Nash stage plane physics (code taken from arcade)
- Vs. screen fade mimics arcade
- Fixed hang on double KO

20210507:
---------
- Sound glitch before announcer says "Round 1" fixed
- When Sagat throws Dan's father, now Dan's father has gravity instead of going all the way up

20210425:
---------
- KO circle more frames
- Z phase 2 more frames
- All data from moveset, hitboxes and AI are transferred uncompressed to MSU file
for faster loading before Z phase 2
- Very good speed tweaks, 13 vlines at double frames
- Stop walking at KO (based on arcade rules)
- Shadow palette before intro taunt, not during "fight"
- RNG code taken from arcade

20210404:
---------
- Fixed win pose sound

20210328:
---------
- Sodom stage Japan artwork (Guy and Birdie are bigger and doesn't fit)
- Before stage select green scrolling bg doesn't stop
- Reorder KO sequence.
- One frame shine at "Fight!"
- Enable score counting sound - Key skips (end of) score counting
- Enable Guy intro barrel sound
- Stars: Doesn't blink. - Tweak code to be faster and more smooth
- SPC tweak a bit faster load
- Gen stage splash sound only at water
- Winner screen, 60fps + xy moving sprite
- Put a small tweak to run in PAL @4 seconds: PAL speed turbo 1 (280 frames) almost matching US turbo 1 speed (285 frames). Tested it at SD2SNES (PAL), it's running smoother. More CPU time cause of 50fps

20210308:
---------
- Some more speed tweaks
- Super KO SFX enabled
- Many crash bug fixes
- Sodom name restored stats screen after fight
- Charlie name kept (instead of Nash), since US arcade uses Charlie
- 13 frames faster transition from z to stage
- Intro, Dan faster transition to Australia. Rocks stays
- Faster decompressor (move sets, before battle)
- Akuma Shun-goku-satsu KO animation speed and extended "frames"
- Fixed Dan's fathers frame
- Fixed Shin Akuma buggy frame (neutral jump lp) (Shin akuma wasn't meant to be playable, he has a chain combo while the arcade doesn't)
- More arcade accurate speed
- Music fade out after score counting
- Ryu vs. Sagat (CPU): Sagat starts closer and jumps backwards like arcade
- Akuma teleport second SFX (roar) enabled
- Akuma winning pose reorder (select+button)

20210202:
---------
- Many speed tweaks. Without SA-1
- Restore Nash/Sodom names (except after fight stats)
- Small changes, taken from arcade (like slomo duration after KO)

20210123:
---------
- Faster audio load, upload 2 bytes at the time instead of 1
- Tweaked audio engine for faster start of loading
- Disable some waste sample loads
- Title screen instant move selection after first start
- KO doesn't mute common sounds (punch etc)
- Timing changes in KO
- Super shine (background) length and frame rate like arcade
gizaha

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 8 Image111

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Street Fighter Alpha 2 :: Comments

Post Wed 19 May 2021 - 2:41 by rocketblast

Can someone provide me the CRC of the most recent patched ROM file?  that way I can tell if this thing is patching it or corrupting it.  I've never had these problems with an IPS before tho.
I just patched it with lunar again and copied in the .msu file and it still messes up.  badly.  edit: i just patched the one I downloaded off of youtube link which is 2 revisions prior and now I get a black screen.  I really don't know why I can't just patch the original ROM and play it. edit: I just copied the .msu from the folder I downloaded off that youtube link, still no dice.  I just get a black screen instead of the character select screen.

are you guys sure the IPS file that is on zeldix is not corrupt?  that is the only way this can be explained.

edit: also wayback machine doesn't have the previous patch archived ugh...

edit: tried again using flips instead of lunar, it creates exactly the same patched file that doesn't work.  now it's froze on the intro screen with M.Bison and glitchy graphics randomly going around the right side of the screen.

edit: trying this file I found on page 6 instead: 20210425 1521.zip  will come back and let you guys know if that one works, as the IPS file is larger than the one in the OP.

edit: wow seriously? that one doesn't work either :| this is super frustrating.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 19 May 2021 - 4:21 by Conn

Did you try snes9x or is it sd2snes only?

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 19 May 2021 - 4:28 by rocketblast

Conn wrote:Did you try snes9x or is it sd2snes only?

I only use sd2snes. Do you know the correct CRC of the patched ROM? I had to give up because I tried patching it tons of times.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 19 May 2021 - 4:30 by Conn

Try snes9x please... if it is alright there you can be sure you patched the correct rom, and the problem is on your sd2snes. Since it worked on relikk device, there's maybe an adjustment wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 19 May 2021 - 4:31 by rocketblast

my patched ROM crc32 is 143DEBDB is that right?

snes9x, I don't have that installed, I'll have to find it somewhere

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 19 May 2021 - 4:35 by rocketblast

Ok it appears to work in snes9x, I wonder why it won't work on my sd2snes.. very weird.

Maybe I should try using a different snes9x kernel because I'm using the one that supports super gameboy. Maybe it's broken.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 19 May 2021 - 4:58 by rocketblast

Ok well I just downloaded the kernel from sd2snes.de and it works fine now. So that means there's something definitely wrong with the kernel that supports SGB. I'll just use my actual SGB or SGB2 instead, it's not worth the hassle.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 19 May 2021 - 5:17 by Relikk

The firmware I tested on was FURiOUS's SGB fork. So there's nothing wrong there.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 19 May 2021 - 13:28 by rocketblast

Relikk wrote:The firmware I tested on was FURiOUS's SGB fork. So there's nothing wrong there.

Hmm maybe I have an old one I dunno.  Anyway the game worked great, til it froze on M.Bison's stage, so I just shut down and called it quits. I'll have to try that sgb fork again but it seems like the latest patch just has too many problems.

Ok well I just beat it using FURiOUS's latest SGB fork with savestates update included and everything's working fine, though I didn't come across M.Bison.  I guess it was yet another bad firmware.

edit: nope, it freezes on M.Bison's stage still. Is this a known issue?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 19 May 2021 - 14:04 by Conn

If you report bugs, it would be best if you counter test on snes9x... If the bug appears there too, it probably is a bug in the patched rom, if not it is maybe the firmware.
We cannot trace sd2snes bugs anyways, since there is no debug function... So it should be reproduceable on emu

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 19 May 2021 - 14:06 by Relikk

Freezing on Bison's stage has been reported in the thread before, so it's likely a lingering bug.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 19 May 2021 - 14:09 by Conn

Then we have to wait for gizaha having time to look into this bison freeze issue. At least the main Problem rocketblast had is resolved.
Without wanting to open Pandora's box... I hope ikari will release an official firmware soon... Hope dies last Sad

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 19 May 2021 - 14:48 by gizaha

It freezes in Bison's stage, or it freezes with cpu Bison oppoment?

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 20 May 2021 - 0:42 by rocketblast

gizaha wrote:It freezes in Bison's stage, or it freezes with cpu Bison oppoment?

Freezes every time on Bison's stage with cpu Bison as opponent. That's the only thing I see wrong with it now. On the two previous patches ago, it doesn't freeze at all.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 20 May 2021 - 0:43 by rocketblast

Relikk wrote:Freezing on Bison's stage has been reported in the thread before, so it's likely a lingering bug.

Ohhhh okay gotcha thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 20 May 2021 - 11:36 by gizaha

rocketblast wrote:Freezes every time on Bison's stage with cpu Bison as opponent.  
Then isolate them.
Just kidding, i'll do it myself.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 20 May 2021 - 12:41 by gizaha

It's the Bison cpu player the problem, more specific, it's AGAIN the famous sd2snes bug, where it returns garbage data.

Temporary solution:
A new patch special for sd2snes, with disabled msu file data but:
It doesn't have the "Z" extra frames.
It will also have a small lag between the two Z in order to decompress the player data.
Msu file data is not needed anymore, you can have it zero bytes.

Solution 2:
You can play the regular patch at emulators just fine. I don't think Ikari will ever fix this bug, he's fooling us. Of course you can spam him all of you just in case.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 8 Asdf10
Attachments
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 8 Attachment
sd2snes.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(41 Kb) Downloaded 12 times

Back to top Go down

D2DEZEL

Post Fri 21 May 2021 - 7:30 by D2DEZEL

Ikari posted his progress on his site

https://sd2snes.de/blog/

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 21 May 2021 - 15:06 by rocketblast

gizaha thanks, didn't expect a fix soon or anything, that's cool. well I am pretty sure ikari didn't create the S-DD1 firmware but I'm not trying to be an a-hole correcting anyone here, could be wrong. thanks guys.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 21 May 2021 - 15:08 by gizaha

My fixes take 1-3 minute long, i'm not Ikari.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 21 May 2021 - 16:54 by Giuse86

gizaha wrote:My fixes take 1-3 minute long, i'm not Ikari.

Hello, 911? I’d like to report a homicide…

On a serious note I want to thank you for your amazing work.

IDK if this might help others but I was also running Version 1.10.3_sgb07 and for whatever reason SFA2 wasn’t loading. It would either freeze after selecting the game or freeze to blank black screen.

Downloading a fresh copy of 1.10.3 (non sgb) firmware and copying the two SDD-1 files replacing the ones in the SD card sd2snes folder fixed the issue.

I did find another bug though.

If you are playing as Shin Akuma and you have level 3 Combo Bar, you can do the Raging Demon combo when the characters are waiting for the announcer to say fight on the second or third round.

The screen will go dark and the computer player will freeze and you can do damage to him and un freeze him by doing another combo when you fill your bar up to 1.

I was able to replicate it in Arcade mode almost every time.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 23 May 2021 - 1:50 by niuus

gizaha wrote:Temporary solution:
A new patch special for sd2snes, with disabled msu file data but:
It doesn't have the "Z" extra frames.
It will also have a small lag between the two Z in order to decompress the player data.
Msu file data is not needed anymore, you can have it zero bytes.
The bright side with this and any previous version to the May 7 update, is that it is compatible with abandoned emulators that will probably never be updated with MSU-1, like PSP's Snes9xTYL (runs smooth at 266MHz even with 0 frame skip, but needs at least 333MHz for sustained 60fps), and other ones based on Snes9x 1.44 code, where the most recent patches won't load the game after selecting Arcade Mode. I use the PSP sometimes for some quick fun whenever my consoles are out of reach.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 7:23 by shiro

godonnar wrote:I want to thank Gizaha for the work he is doing por SFA2  Very Happy  and I want to contribute something for those who want the rom without loading time  with SPC sound Razz (Conn) , after reviewing the source code created by Gizaha and as he explained, I had to remove some improvements Crying or Very sad , but finally I managed to compile a version as I wanted, perfect to play on my SNES Mini, here is the link to the patch for thouse to test Razz .

Smile-->Link:
https://mega.nz/file/biIzFS6A#Di4Dt2PCxDvVyU71zwRXWmmy6i_7YyhtdsSV7hael9I

Hi, I am interested in running this on the SNES mini. I got your patch but I struggle to get it to work, would you care to share some instructions?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 19:18 by niuus

shiro wrote:
godonnar wrote:I want to thank Gizaha for the work he is doing por SFA2  Very Happy  and I want to contribute something for those who want the rom without loading time  with SPC sound Razz (Conn) , after reviewing the source code created by Gizaha and as he explained, I had to remove some improvements Crying or Very sad , but finally I managed to compile a version as I wanted, perfect to play on my SNES Mini, here is the link to the patch for thouse to test Razz .

Smile-->Link:

Hi, I am interested in running this on the SNES mini. I got your patch but I struggle to get it to work, would you care to share some instructions?
1- Patch the original ROM. (you can do it online or offline with LunarIPS)
2- Copy the patched ROM to the SNES Mini.
3- ???
4- Profit.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 13 Jun 2021 - 19:17 by shiro

niuus wrote:
shiro wrote:

Smile-->Link:

1- Patch the original ROM. (you can do it online or offline with LunarIPS)
2- Copy the patched ROM to the SNES Mini.
3- ???
4- Profit.

Perhaps I should have been more specific ;-). I have tried:

• The latest sd2snes patch, which doesn't require MSU-1.
  • The patch from godonnar.

In order to get SFA2 on a SNES mini, one needs to apply an additional patch. I have tried:

Basically, I have tested all the above combinations (either of the two patches with either of the three methods I know of), and while the game starts there are either graphical glitches all around or they eventually appear (for instance I once got all character model sprites messed up in the selection screen). I am using the stock canoe emulator.

I have tested the resulting ROM after applying IPS patches work with SNES9x, but that's not quite my use case unfortunately. It'd be great to get this working with the SNES mini, any help appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next