Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+) - Page 3 Empty Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+)

-  Patches  -

Use MD+ for MegaSD, Mega Everdrive Pro & Genesis Plus GX
Use MSU-MD for MiSTer & X Series Everdrive w/ physical Sega CD unit

MD+ Patch (by neodev)

MSU-MD Patch (ported from the original MD+ patch by Krikkz)

-  MD+ Audio Packs  -

MD+ X68000 OST (by Relikk)
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/JmRhTaKB#kogDz4nlfoxQn6kTDn9XHvXskNneKjNK30uc2LNhfvU

-  MSU-MD Audio Packs  -
Compatible with MSU-MD and MD+ (not seamless loop)

Ys III 1991 Arranged Sound Pack (by BishopCruz):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/IbhwHJbJ#k6l9eWbZjyKaxyyaUZ75fubuB7W7fnAZk5WGvnbsEgE

Ys: The Oath In Felghana (by Game Sack) v2 Waves Fixed 02-27-21
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3t4wg7grwekrhbs/Ys_III_MSU-MD_Pack_-_Fixed.rar/file

Last edited by Relikk on Fri 31 Mar 2023 - 12:41; edited 15 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+) - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+) :: Comments

Post Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 21:31 by mario64

I just want to say THANK YOU to pepillopev for spending basically all day tracking down and fixing the issues with this particular MSU-MD patch. It truly was a deep dive effort. As a big Ys fan I'm so thankful I can finally play it on both MED Pro and MiSTer with proper audio. WOOT!!!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 30 Apr 2021 - 16:39 by bishopcruz

Hey all, say I wanted to make a sound pack which had the PC Engine CD audio for the wavs and the Megadrive music for whatever didn't have CD audio, would that be doable? The best version of Ys III that could ever exist IMO, would be using the PCE CD music where possible and the Genesis for the rest (Maybe PC-88 or X68k too)...

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 1 May 2021 - 14:47 by aegon99

Hi! I'm getting an error with the md+ version using MAME MD+. It says unsupported format 65534 - only PCM is supported. This is the only MD+ game that gives me that error. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Sat 1 May 2021 - 16:37 by Retroplay

Yeah, that's right.
I had to import/export the wavs in Audacity before they worked for me.
After doing that everything's working well.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 11 May 2021 - 21:24 by bishopcruz

Ok, did my sound pack! It has been tested on a Mega SD, but cannot test it on a Mega Everdrive Pro, I THINK it should work fine there as well, but am not sure if I have to change anything for it.

Here is the link:Ys III - Wanderers from Ys 1991 Edition

Ys III 1991 Edition:

As much as I loved the gameplay and graphics of Ys III on the genesis back in the day, I always wished there was a version of it with the Turbografx CD soundtrack. Yeah, the Turbo version had horrible parallax, a distinct lack of any challenge, and horrific voice acting, but the music arrangements by Ryo Yonemitsu are still my favorite versions of these iconic tunes.

Now with this edition, we get the best of both worlds; the superior Genesis port of Ys III, along with the best sounds of the era.

This sound pack takes Ys III back to the sounds of the late 1980s and early 1990s with a mix of music from the PC Engine/TurboGrafx CD, PC-88 original, the X68000 version, the Ys III Perfect Collection, and the Ys III Super Arrange version. The rips were all taken from lossless Falcom OSTs.

Track List:

01 - A Premonition =Styx= (PC Engine)
02 - Introduction (Ys III JDK Special)
03 - Village of Redmont (Music from Ys III)
04 - Welcome! (Music from Ys III)
05 - Quiet Moments (Music from Ys III)
06 - Prelude to Adventure (PC Engine)
07 - The Boy's Got Wings! (PC Engine)
08 - Be Careful! (PC Engine)
09 - Beasts Black as Night (PC Engine)
10 - Shock of the Grim Reaper (PC Engine)
11 - Ilburns Ruins (PC Engine)
12 - A Searing Struggle (PC Engine)
13 - Chester's Theme (Ys III Perfect Collection)
14 - Snare of Darkness (PC Engine)
15 - Steeling the Will to Fight (PC Engine)
16 - Valestine Castle (PC Engine)
17 - Prayer for Mercy (Music from Ys III)
18 - Key of Light (Music from Ys III)
19 - Frozen in Time (PC Engine)
20 - My Dear Elena (Ys III Perfect Collection)
21 - Tearful Twilight (Music from Ys III)
22 - Beat of Destruction (PC Engine)
23 - Tower of Fate (PC Engine)
24 - Behold!! (Music from Ys III)
25 - The Strongest Foe (PC Engine)
26 - Dear My Brother (Ys III Perfect Collection)
27 - Morning of Departure (PC Engine)
28 - Wanderers from Ys (Ys III Super Arrange)
29 - Get Item (Ys - Oath in Felghana)
30 - Quickening Dream (PC Engine)
31 - Dancing in the Road (Music from Ys III)

Hope you enjoy this sound pack! Ys III has one of the greatest soundtracks of all time, even 30 years ago!

-BishopCruz

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 12 May 2021 - 12:19 by pev

bishopcruz wrote:Ok, did my sound pack! It has been tested on a Mega SD, but cannot test it on a Mega Everdrive Pro, I THINK it should work fine there as well, but am not sure if I have to change anything for it.
Ok, since this sound pack is not seamless looped, it will work just fine with MD+ and MSU-MD. I placed it in the MSU-MD section and left a disclaimer letting everyone know it can be used with either flash cart. It will work just fine with emulators too.

I am aware Game Sacks's set is not seamless loop. I have been tempted to fix that and the wave files too (as they do not play nice with the MAME MD+ fork emulator). I fixed the ones for MSU-MD during the Mario64 Ys III not working on MED Pro fiasco, lol.

Thank you for your contribution and hard work. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 12 May 2021 - 16:59 by bishopcruz

pepillopev wrote:Ok, since this sound pack is not seamless looped, it will work just fine with MD+ and MSU-MD. I placed it in the MSU-MD section and left a disclaimer letting everyone know it can be used with either flash cart. It will work just fine with emulators too.

I am aware Game Sacks's set is not seamless loop. I have been tempted to fix that and the wave files too (as they do not play nice with the MAME MD+ fork emulator). I fixed the ones for MSU-MD during the Mario64 Ys III not working on MED Pro fiasco, lol.

Thank you for your contribution and hard work. Wink
Well it is and it isn't seamless. I did set up the files to loop as seamlessly as I could from the end of the file to the beginning of the file but it didn't always work out perfectly. It is only for the chiptunes generally speaking, and not for the PCE audio or other tracks.

Not sure the fiasco you are talking about, but happy to help around here. Wish I could find a tutorial for how to do this from scratch. Would kill for a Valis 3 hack.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 12 May 2021 - 17:09 by pev

bishopcruz wrote:Well it is and it isn't seamless. I did set up the files to loop as seamlessly as I could from the end of the file to the beginning of the file but it didn't always work out perfectly.
It takes some work to get it right. If done incorrectly, it will be noticeable and bothersome to some people. This applies to all the music and not specific to chiptunes. If you need help on how to do this, just ask.

Not sure the fiasco you are talking about, but happy to help around here. Wish I could find a tutorial for how to do this from scratch. Would kill for a Valis 3 hack.
Oh, you would have to read the earlier Ys III posts to find out what I was referring too. Don't mind me, just safely ranting. Anyway, thanks again for your contribution.

Would kill for a Valis 3 hack.
That is entirely up to ArcadeTV, infinest, or some other brave soul.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 12 May 2021 - 17:14 by bishopcruz

pepillopev wrote:That is entirely up to ArcadeTV, infinest, or some other brave soul.
Hence why I was curious if there was a tutorial. Looked at Arcade TVs wiki and all it says is check for bugs or let me know if you have sound packs. I guess I just wish there was a how to for getting started on doing the patches oneself, maybe it is out of my abilities, but I'd like to know one way or the other. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 12 May 2021 - 17:22 by pev

bishopcruz wrote:Hence why I was curious if there was a tutorial.
Unfortunately, there is no easy fix all tutorial. The same applies to MSU-1. Each game developer coded their sound differently, no real standard. This makes it difficult to apply one tutorial to everything. There are some companies, say Konami or Capcom, that re-hash their sound engine. If one successfully deciphers them, the knowledge can be applied to another game from the same company.

Looked at Arcade TVs wiki and all it says is check for bugs or let me know if you have sound packs.
ArcadeTV's GitHub has source code for each release you can study to learn. Unfortunately, if you do not have an assembly or programming background; it will be difficult to follow. This knowledge is necessary. Don't let that discourage you. If you truly want to learn, have at it.

oneself, maybe it is out of my abilities, but I'd like to know one way or the other.
The information is out there just difficult to find. Every now and then I just ask the hacking authors, sometimes, I get a response.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Conn

Post Sun 12 Sep 2021 - 9:26 by Conn

You see... if you tried yourself already and it doesn't work you need to contact the author to make the patches compatible, either
- neodev/Krikzz (the author of the md patches) or
- Plombo (the author of the text patch)

Both are not members of this forum as far I know, so don't be disappointed if your inquiry will be ignored.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 22 Sep 2021 - 9:29 by darthvaderx

Brutapode89 wrote:Hi guys. What do you think about this new Ys III (Genesis) version with more texts?
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6175/
Will be it possible to make it into MSU-MD?

I'm testing here and apparently everything is working fine, but the 'Ys III 1991 Arranged Sound Pack' has some bugs here even in the Ys III normal version.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 28 Dec 2021 - 8:18 by bishopcruz

darthvaderx wrote:
Brutapode89 wrote:Hi guys. What do you think about this new Ys III (Genesis) version with more texts?
Will be it possible to make it into MSU-MD?

I'm testing here and apparently everything is working fine, but the 'Ys III 1991 Arranged Sound Pack' has some bugs here even in the Ys III normal version.

Can you let me know what the bugs are? There shouldn't be any due to it just being a music pack, but if there is an issue with a particular song or something I'll try and fix it. Also pretty excited to try this on that new translation patch. Will see how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 27 Feb 2022 - 1:35 by darthvaderx

bishopcruz wrote:Can you let me know what the bugs are? There shouldn't be any due to it just being a music pack, but if there is an issue with a particular song or something I'll try and fix it. Also pretty excited to try this on that new translation patch. Will see how it goes.

Unfortunately in the last update (1.1) the two hacks are no longer compatible

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Sun 6 Mar 2022 - 11:47 by Retroplay

MD+ is compatible with Plombo v1.1 patch, MSU-MD isn't.

I couldn't find a merged patch section for MD+/MSU-MD, so here it is, just in case.
https://mega.nz/file/ThVCQJAD#agw4ShXYdcTc2jdyJwjINNzQXe-m9HKgxefRresH_zU

Apply to clean US rom.

Source patches used:
and NeoDev patch from top of this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 6 Mar 2022 - 13:27 by darthvaderx

Retroplay wrote:MD+ is compatible with Plombo v1.1 patch, MSU-MD isn't.

I couldn't find a merged patch section for MD+/MSU-MD, so here it is, just in case.
https://mega.nz/file/ThVCQJAD#agw4ShXYdcTc2jdyJwjINNzQXe-m9HKgxefRresH_zU

Apply to clean US rom.

Source patches used:
and NeoDev patch from top of this thread.

I just sent a message to the hack author, I hope he responds. I just bought a Mega Everdrive Pro, and my favorite emulator (Kega Fusion) doesn't work with MD plus.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 17 Mar 2022 - 13:47 by Plombo

Ys III Renewal author here. I looked into the incompatibility between Renewal v1.1 and the MSU-MD patch, and as I expected, it's because Renewal v1.1 and the MSU-MD patch both expand the ROM and try to put their extra data in the same place. (Renewal v1.0 is compatible because it doesn't expand the ROM.)

It was easy enough to fix by changing Renewal to not put anything in the ROM region in question (0x100000 to 0x100800). But before I release a v1.2 with the change, I'll need to do a full test playthrough of the regular non-MSU-MD version, and I've been busy lately, so it might be some time before it's out.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 23 May 2023 - 11:07 by mario64

Using MED Pro v4.18 I'm seeing a problem with the X68000 OST and 1991 Arranged MD+ patches. Specifically, when the game loads and you press Start it goes into the Intro. On Mega SD, the Intro has sound. On MED Pro it doesn't.  Total silence. I assume this is a MED Pro bug. Can anyone else confirm? Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 23 May 2023 - 11:32 by Relikk

I don't have a MED Pro to check, but it's probably because of the non-concurrent track numbering. The MegaSD doesn't care about that.

You can try creating a dummy track (empty WAV file, maybe 1 second long) and fill in the gaps in the CUE file where there's no track listed (tracks 22-32, 36 and 38-42). You can link each entry to that single silent WAV file, no need to create one for each track. So something like...

Code:
FILE "Empty.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 22 AUDIO
   INDEX 01 00:00:00
   REM NOLOOP
FILE "Empty.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 23 AUDIO
   REM NOLOOP
FILE "Empty.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 24 AUDIO
   REM NOLOOP

etc.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 23 May 2023 - 11:58 by mario64

Thanks Relikk. Will give that a shot and report back.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 23 May 2023 - 12:37 by mario64

That indeed fixed it! Smile
Now I'm curious if other MD+ patches may have the same problem on MED Pro. Gonna look through all the other cue files.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 23 May 2023 - 12:40 by Relikk

There might be one other, and it'd be from the first batch of games released, but that should be it. Everything else has concurrent track numbering.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 23 May 2023 - 13:58 by mario64

Relikk wrote:There might be one other, and it'd be from the first batch of games released, but that should be it. Everything else has concurrent track numbering.
The only other one I found was Golden Axe (Rich Douglas Golden Axe Symphony). It had a missing entry for track 10.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 23 May 2023 - 14:00 by Relikk

That's the one. Couldn't remember which one, but I knew it was from the first batch of games, and Golden Axe was one of them (OutRun, Strider and Moonwalker being the others).

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3