Near, MSU1 Inventor has Passed Away

Zeldix :: General :: News

Go down

Near, MSU1 Inventor has Passed Away Empty Near, MSU1 Inventor has Passed Away

Post by Colines Sun 27 Jun 2021 - 15:00

Today is most likely the saddest day ever the emulation community is going through.

Near, who was known by creating the bsnes, higan and ares emulators, has passed away, and left a legacy of very much sucess to emulation as a whole.

Not only they created the MSU1 specification, for which a big chunk of this site has worked on, but they opened way to improve retro emulation for varying media types, including the MiSTer SNES core (initially pretty much a port of the bsnes source code), research and development for Ikari and kevin to create their FPGA solutions, decapping of all SNES enhancements chips for cycle-accurate emulation, and much, much more.

I'm very thankful for all their work put into it. Hopefully, we are all honoring Near's passion and love that went with all the contributions made to the emulation community.

Thank you for everything, Near. Rest In Peace.
Colines
Colines

Near, MSU1 Inventor has Passed Away Image111

Since : 2015-05-24

Back to top Go down

Near, MSU1 Inventor has Passed Away Empty Re: Near, MSU1 Inventor has Passed Away

Post by Polargames Sun 27 Jun 2021 - 21:22

I just read from a friend on twitter about what all went down. Its so very sad. :-(

RIP Near/byuu. I am grateful that you took the time to answer my SNES Questions. Thanks.

Last edited by Polargames on Sun 27 Jun 2021 - 21:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rip)
Polargames
Polargames

Near, MSU1 Inventor has Passed Away Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Near, MSU1 Inventor has Passed Away Empty Re: Near, MSU1 Inventor has Passed Away

Post by JUD6MENT Mon 28 Jun 2021 - 1:05

That really hurt to read about. Nintendo Life has a good coverage of the story. I really hope everyone reads it and does their part to stop cyber bullying, it is messed up the bullying Near got after doing so much for the rom hacking community.

RIP, we sure going to miss you.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/06/the_dev_behind_one_of_the_worlds_best_snes_emulators_has_taken_their_own_life
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Near, MSU1 Inventor has Passed Away Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by D2DEZEL Tue 29 Jun 2021 - 12:46

Rip Near and thank you very much for the work provided for the super nintendo😢
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2018-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowrun Sat 3 Jul 2021 - 11:25

A very sad news..
My thoughts are with the family of Near.
Crying or Very sad
Shadowrun
Shadowrun
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2018-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by OguzhanKuyubasi Mon 5 Jul 2021 - 9:31

This is sad.😔
OguzhanKuyubasi
OguzhanKuyubasi
Bee
Bee

Since : 2021-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 5 Jul 2021 - 12:56

This doesn't make any sense. This person was obviously appreciated by the retro community and obviously make very important contributions.

So I don't see any logical reasoning behind this and I'm sure there could have been a better outcome.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Near, MSU1 Inventor has Passed Away Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by nashismo Mon 5 Jul 2021 - 15:46

What a tragedy, maybe another victim of the sexual/social/etc lunacy of todays world? I heard some people calling him "they"? Crazy lunatics.

Near liked people to be honest with him, I cannot understand how such a person would committ such an act as suicide, if he was the way he was.

Not only that but he was a perfectionist, who poisoned his mind? I would've loved meeting him in person, if I had told him my story, he would've seen things differently.

Be good to yourselves! And yes, some "ego" is good. This is just not right.

nashismo
Rope
Rope

Since : 2020-12-15

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Near, MSU1 Inventor has Passed Away Empty test1

Post by OguzhanKuyubasi Tue 6 Jul 2021 - 17:28

Bulliying is really bad, it must be stopped that nobody is gonna be depressed and not thinking of suicidal again.
We don't want that other People kill them self’s because of other People bullying them on the Internet.
OguzhanKuyubasi
OguzhanKuyubasi
Bee
Bee

Since : 2021-04-25

Back to top Go down