Der Langrisser english patched

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Der Langrisser english patched - Page 2 Empty Re: Der Langrisser english patched

Post by Conn Tue 28 Mar 2023 - 10:21

as far as making PCMs, especially looping ones, i have little interest in doing them lol.
Lol, same here as well, except I'm absolutely talent-free when it comes to audio. Sometimes it's even hard for me to differ between MSU and SPC. When I was more active I left that part to relikk or J who are professional when it comes to music. Pev and qwerty can do both, asm and pcm but I surely cannot. I didn't even create one looped pcm and bszelda Ast were the only pcm I touched ever.

Perhaps relikk or J can be persuaded to get that track 32 looped correctly?
Conn
Conn

Der Langrisser english patched - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Der Langrisser english patched - Page 2 Empty Re: Der Langrisser english patched

Post by Cubear Tue 28 Mar 2023 - 10:36

there will likely be many pcm that need proper loops. i haven't looked at the music at all yet, which is why i commented out the error check to force spc mute for testing lol.
Cubear
Cubear

Der Langrisser english patched - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 28 Mar 2023 - 13:01

Track 32 looped: https://mega.nz/file/hyA1FJRZ#VS01krHfFOzcORoVFyqW-8wCVmP9oRxW-GEoO2Mvv4I

Run the batch file to convert it from WAV to PCM, as there will need to be volume adjusting on the source WAV file when everything is done.
Relikk
Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Tue 28 Mar 2023 - 21:28

Relikk wrote:Track 32 looped: https://mega.nz/file/hyA1FJRZ#VS01krHfFOzcORoVFyqW-8wCVmP9oRxW-GEoO2Mvv4I

Run the batch file to convert it from WAV to PCM, as there will need to be volume adjusting on the source WAV file when everything is done.

An amazing job, you can't tell where the track change is or where the loop is, it sounds great, thanks.

Explanatory note: previously I reported a static problem in the scene 3:19, but it was my mistake, I converted the track but forgot to put it in the game directory, small big mistake, tracks 24 and 37 are needed in that scene sorry. Confused Thank you Conn for your comment, you were very right.

So up to now I haven't seen any errors. I finished Stage 2 with difficulty (I think I'm old, I don't play like before) and without bugs or problems, from here I'm going to try the whole game, only I'll do it one stage per day since my boss put me to give some training in the my Job and I've been coming home late, on the weekend I'll be able to catch up with an intense game session. I had forgotten that old games are much more fun than new ones.

I am going to do a test with this set of PCM, if someone like to try also, it is a simple convertion, no fancy things just for testing.  Already added the track 32 made by  Relikk (thanks again).
I am using -15 nomalization, think that -18 or -17 is better on some of the files, but will be done later and after trying on the real Snes.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ttebu7gjzk4k9mv/Langrisser_Snes_pcm_Test.rar/file

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2021-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Tue 28 Mar 2023 - 22:45

fixed static noise (a bit later than anticipated, sorry)

a full run would be very useful, could you also note any tracks which are not intended to loop? i can put it into the patch fairly easily.
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Tue 28 Mar 2023 - 23:42

Cubear wrote:fixed static noise (a bit later than anticipated, sorry)

a full run would be very useful, could you also note any tracks which are not intended to loop? i can put it into the patch fairly easily.

OK, if there is a bug y will provide saves of Snes9x,
This thing has 4 endings or maybe 6.
The light path is the main one
, but need a guide the empire, the darkness, and the  lone king path I do not member how to trigger them.
At least can do de main one to test first.

I will write an excel sheet to note de ones that need a loop (for now the battle ones, all needs to loop).

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 1:06

i think i may have identified all the noloop tracks.

opening 1, opening 2, ending 1 and staff roll.

i've put in the noloop code, so it'll be in the next version.

For the MSU1 FMV, where is an appropriate place to put it? the easiest place might be directly on boot, but the most true to the other release may be as an attract mode if the title screen sits for too long. one minor disadvantage to that method is this screen's actual title screen (new/load) doesn't have a timer, it will stay active forever...
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 4:21

Cubear wrote:For the MSU1 FMV, where is an appropriate place to put it? the easiest place might be directly on boot, but the most true to the other release may be as an attract mode if the title screen sits for too long. one minor disadvantage to that method is this screen's actual title screen (new/load) doesn't have a timer, it will stay active forever...

I think on boot was given the go ahead in this post earlier in the thread.

https://www.zeldix.net/t2599-der-langrisser-english-patched#42952

Unless you can give the title screen a timer and it's possible to stick it after that, I don't know. Sounds like a hassle, anyway. Der Langrisser english patched - Page 2 1f609

Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Fri 31 Mar 2023 - 1:35

Cubear wrote:i think i may have identified all the noloop tracks.

opening 1, opening 2, ending 1 and staff roll.

i've put in the noloop code, so it'll be in the next version.

For the MSU1 FMV, where is an appropriate place to put it? the easiest place might be directly on boot, but the most true to the other release may be as an attract mode if the title screen sits for too long. one minor disadvantage to that method is this screen's actual title screen (new/load) doesn't have a timer, it will stay active forever...

If it is less problematic that the intro runs at the beginning, I think it would be fine.

Reviewing the original version that is the PCFX one, the intro runs at the beginning of the game.
PSX and Saturn are only copies of the PCFX version, besides being a compilation of 2 games L1 and L2.

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 3:50

jerrymh wrote:
Cubear wrote:fixed static noise (a bit later than anticipated, sorry)

OK, if there is a bug y will provide saves of Snes9x,
This thing has 4 endings or maybe 6.
The light path is the main one
, but need a guide the empire, the darkness, and the  lone king path I do not member how to trigger them.
At least can do de main one to test first.

I will write an excel sheet to note de ones that need a loop (for now the battle ones, all needs to loop).

So far I have the game at 50%
and without any problem. That is my report until now. Der Langrisser english patched - Page 2 1f600
For me it is good news. I've played 10 hours straight and I didn't realize it. The pople at home are looking at me badlyDer Langrisser english patched - Page 2 1f605

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 11:14

lol, don't work too hard, but that is good news for sure.
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 13:36

Cubear wrote:lol, don't work too hard, but that is good news for sure.
Der Langrisser english patched - Page 2 1f604
I wouldn't say working  Der Langrisser english patched - Page 2 1f604 .

This is where I realize the old consoles are better than the new ones.
On playstation 5 and xbox I can't stand to play more than 2 hours without turning off the system.

Here I have not realized when those 10 hours passed I sat down and it was day and when I saw it was night, just like when I was a child.
In any case, it helped me to check if my super nintendo was fine, I bought it broken about 3 months ago and I repaired it myself, I changed capacitors and the voltage regulator and it turned on Der Langrisser english patched - Page 2 1f603.

I didn't know if it was going to fail later, but it has turned out very, very well, so I think it's fine.

Going back to the patched game info, and from what I've managed to hear in-game.
Everything needs looping except for intro 1, intro 2, ending and staff roll. As you said before, although I have not reached the end of the game.

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 23:19

Hello, I found a small sound bug, but it doesn't affect the gameplay at all, it seemed rather curious to me.

On stage 12, when you finish buying troops and positioning the commanders in the version without a patch, 1:36 the game stops the music and there is a dialogue between the 2 knights.
Save
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vgh062k4z6fot93/dl_msu+unpatched.rar/file

In the version with the MSU1 patch, in that same part 1:19 the music from the store does not stop and continues while the dialogue occurs between the 2 knights.

Save
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8zz4mst2xabuojq/dl_msu+MSU1+patched.rar/file

Or I don't know if it is a thing of the PCM that I have created because it is so basic. And if it's a bug, I don't know if it's worth fixing it.  Or I don't know if there will be any problem later. Anyway I leave it in the report.

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Sun 2 Apr 2023 - 23:40

it's likely a missed fade instruction. even though it is somewhat minor, i'll plan on fixing it. thanks for the report.
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Thu 6 Apr 2023 - 20:05

I have managed to clean up to stage 16. No problems so far and so good.

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrymh Sun 9 Apr 2023 - 19:46

Hellow I want to report that I have finished the game without freezing problems or errors

Thank you for the wonderful job you have done with this patch. I really like this game.

Confirmed that tracks that do not need a loop are :
27.Ending 1.wav
33.Opening 1.wav
35.Opening 2.wav
39.Staff Roll.wav

Last edited by jerrymh on Wed 12 Apr 2023 - 22:37; edited 1 time in total

jerrymh
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Sun 9 Apr 2023 - 21:25

great! once i've fixed up that fade issue it should be good to move this out of beta.  thanks for the play testing!
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Mon 1 May 2023 - 16:21

fixed the fade issues, but MSU1 video still eludes me.

not exactly sure what there is to be done in order to make it work.

still, updated the first post with a new patch. if I can't figure out MSU1 video in the next month or so I'll just do a full release and the video can be tacked on later.
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 1 May 2023 - 16:26

Hopefully Conn would be able to give you some pointers on how to get it working.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Mon 1 May 2023 - 16:27

i've asked for his help on a different MSU1 video request before... tried to apply what i had learned but all i get is blackscreens and stuck in the IRQ loop.
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 1 May 2023 - 16:29

Ah, okay. Well, good luck then. Der Langrisser english patched - Page 2 1f600
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 2 May 2023 - 7:00

video Smile
DM me with your problems, cubear Wink
Conn
Conn

Der Langrisser english patched - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2