Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 16 Empty Re: Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Post by Puzzledude Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 17:23

Unfortunately this host is pretty much the same as Media fire, maybe even worse: not only are you stuck with the add fly comercial, but it also forces out to update your internet browser, although I'm using the newest IE possible. So I can not download unless I use Chrome.

But there is no need for another alternate host. Those big files are up now, and for normal files Dropbox and Zebucket are just fine.

Let me just list some undesirable hosts: Mediafire, Megaupload, Rapidshare. Same standard as on Romhacking.net site.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 16 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 16 Empty Re: Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Post by simbin Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 17:48

very confused about getting this working with higan
my copy seems to be portable (no hidden user folders)

included bsnes works but is lacking some video features

any ideas mates? thanks

simbin
Bee
Bee

Since : 2014-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 17:55

simbin wrote:very confused about getting this working with higan
my copy seems to be portable (no hidden user folders)

included bsnes works but is lacking some video features

any ideas mates? thanks

You'll have to be specific. What is it doing/not doing? How are you setting this up? Details are imperative.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 16 Image110

Since : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by simbin Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 18:04

patched rom with ips and imported to higan

game files get stored here
higan/roms/Super Famicom/alttp_msu.sfc
copied .pcm and .msu files here

higan/Super Famicom.sys
copied .bml file here

simbin
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 18:07

I'm almost finished with my own music selection, using primarily the ALBW tracks, then filling in the remainder using a couple of tracks from Sound and Drama (I absolutely love the S&D version of the light world temple theme, even though it was a complete PitA to find a loop point... it reminds me of the opening theme from FFVII for some reason), and a few from this remastered sountrack set.  As much as I do like the ZReO tracks, they don't sound like game soundtracks to me.  The audio quality is different... hard to explain, I just prefer the ALBW tracks.  I'll post up my set when I finish up the last few tracks, still tweaking volume levels on a few, and I haven't gotten any of the Ganon tracks yet.  I also need to see how well the ending tracks line up timing-wise, but for that, I need to actually beat the game, so it might take me a few days.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 16 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 18:10

simbin, does your manifest.bml file contain any lines like

Code:
track number=xx name="trackname.pcm"

If so, either delete them or else use those to name your pcm files. The default filename without those lines is track-1.pcm, track-2.pcm, etc. (unlike sd2snes where the default file name matches the rom name). IIRC I think the tracks are named according to the sd2snes naming convention where you have romname.spc, romname-1.pcm, romname-2.pcm, etc, which won't work for higan unless you copy those names into the manifest file.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by simbin Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 19:44

no, I started over using a clean copy of this version - but still no luck Sad

http://sourceforge.net/projects/darksabre76apps/files/higan%20Portable%20%28PortableApps.com%29/Dev%20Tests/higanAccuracyPortable_v094_Dev_Test_1_English.paf.exe/download

qwertymodo wrote:simbin, does your manifest.bml file contain any lines like

Code:
track number=xx name="trackname.pcm"

If so, either delete them or else use those to name your pcm files. The default filename without those lines is track-1.pcm, track-2.pcm, etc. (unlike sd2snes where the default file name matches the rom name). IIRC I think the tracks are named according to the sd2snes naming convention where you have romname.spc, romname-1.pcm, romname-2.pcm, etc, which won't work for higan unless you copy those names into the manifest file.

simbin
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 20:49

Ok, my next guess would be that you didn't expand the ROM before patching. Just to be sure, I'll start from the very beginning. Start by downloading the latest version of higan (v94) from this link. Now, go ahead and run higan and import the original, unmodified aLttP ROM. This should create a game folder inside %USERPROFILE%\Emulation\Super Famicom. Depending on whether or not you want to keep a copy of the original game, either copy this folder or else just rename it to indicate that it is the MSU-1 version (not completely necessary, but just for the sake of thoroughness). Now, open this folder and copy all of the music files inside, renaming them track-1.pcm, track-2.pcm, etc. then create a blank file named msu1.msu. Overwrite the manifest.bml with the following:

Code:
cartridge region=NTSC
  board type=1A3B revision=11,12,13
  rom name=program.rom size=0x180000
  ram name=save.ram size=0x2000
  map id=rom address=00-6f,80-ff:8000-ffff mask=0x8000
  map id=ram address=70-7d,f0-ff:0000-ffff

msu1
    rom name=msu1.msu size=0x0000
    map id=io address=00-3f,80-bf:2000-2007

information
  title:    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (MSU-1)
  name:    Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past (MSU-1), The
  region:  NA
  revision: 1.0
  board:    SHVC-1A3B-12
  serial:  SNS-ZL-USA
  sha256:  8edd9331ee0929d6122d980988bda9e6967646adef16ffe46ffccdf4a9edca1b
  configuration
    rom name=program.rom size=0x180000
    ram name=save.ram size=0x2000

Now, you need to expand the ROM (the file named program.rom inside the game folder). You can do this with Hyrule Magic, but you can also just open the file in a hex editor and add 0x80000 bytes of FF (or any other value, but for the sake of consistency with HM use FF). The file size should be 1,572,864 bytes. NOW apply the .ips to the ROM. If that doesn't work, then something is very wrong.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by CaelThunderwing Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 21:52

i Expanded the rom, i applied in order the MSU patch then Pegasus boots upgrade patch , but while everything's in the same folder when starting a new character im not getting the Opening video :/

CaelThunderwing
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by simbin Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 22:25

thank you success!

I think the ticket was custom manifest.bml and empty msu1.msu - one I downloaded was 200MBish

simbin
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 22:50

That's right - when the video patch is applied, it looks for the .msu file - the 0kb one is a placeholder.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by CaelThunderwing Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 0:30

TheRetromancer wrote:That's right - when the video patch is applied, it looks for the .msu file - the 0kb one is a placeholder.

thats also the thing i copied over the movie/intro download's .MSU and .PCM into the folder, and i get the standard opening as if the movie's not there.

CaelThunderwing
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 0:40

Did you also include track 35? I'm not exactly sure how the video code works (though it's sitting right in front of me, I'm sure I could figure it out...), but I'm pretty sure the video requires both the 200MB msu1.msu file and track-35.pcm or else it won't play.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by CaelThunderwing Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 1:24

qwertymodo wrote:Did you also include track 35?  I'm not exactly sure how the video code works (though it's sitting right in front of me, I'm sure I could figure it out...), but I'm pretty sure the video requires both the 200MB msu1.msu file and track-35.pcm or else it won't play.

yea i have in the folder w/ the rest, "alttp_msu-35.pcm" & "alttp_msu.msu" (200mb)

though im noticing SFX is being drowned out by the Music's Pure volume

CaelThunderwing
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 2:34

Heh. Added a funny little "MSU-1 Approved" intro to all my patch-related videos. I did the video myself, and I'm quite pleased with how it came out.

...I wonder if we get get it coded so that it plays before the "Nintendo Presents" of ALttP?
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by CaelThunderwing Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 4:02

I never applied the optional video IPS. No wonder the cutscene didnt play. It's all good now.

CaelThunderwing
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Xharos Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 6:02

The "A Link to the Past MSU Audio Complete" dropbox URL is down due to too much traffic. Can someone reupload it? Thanks

Xharos
Newcomer

Since : 2014-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 8:38

@simbin, there are two dl links
- dropbox
A Link to the Past MSU Audio Complete:
http://dl.dropbox.com/s/rqmcchi7j61pxof/A%20Link%20to%20the%20Past%20MSU%20Audio%20Complete.rar?dl=0
MSU Opening Intro and Audio:
http://dl.dropbox.com/s/9tfg549to1cpbrn/MSU%20Zelda%20Opening%20Intro%20and%20Audio.rar?dl=0..

-mediafire
check the YouTube site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v788KslHvbU
you will find mediafire links in the description
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Xharos Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 9:24

Conn wrote:

@simbin, there are two dl links
- dropbox
A Link to the Past MSU Audio Complete:
http://dl.dropbox.com/s/rqmcchi7j61pxof/A%20Link%20to%20the%20Past%20MSU%20Audio%20Complete.rar?dl=0
MSU Opening Intro and Audio:
http://dl.dropbox.com/s/9tfg549to1cpbrn/MSU%20Zelda%20Opening%20Intro%20and%20Audio.rar?dl=0..

-mediafire
check the YouTube site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v788KslHvbU
you will find mediafire links in the description
Ooooh, thanks!

Xharos
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyPuncher Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 21:00

Having trouble with saving using sd2snes. Upon resetting it notices and keeps the save file, but when powering off and on, the save file disappears and I lose my data.

For the setup I took the lttp rom and expanded to 2mb, applied the ips for the music, then applied the ips for the additional video. Game plays perfectly, but saving is just not working. Is there a step I'm missing? Bad rom maybe? wrong method of expanding rom?

also to note, I tried cping my unpatched lttp save and it appears just fine and dandy everytime, but does not save progress. In the case of a fresh save, I'll create a save file/character and then it'll show no data at all. Seems like it's an issue of the rom/way I set everything up.

Anyhow, any help would be appreciated Smile

BabyPuncher
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 21:33

This is a known issue with MSU-1 enhanced games on the SD2SNES. In order to save permanently, you'll need to "Save and Quit", and then press and hold the reset button on your console long enough so that it resets to the SD2SNES main menu.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by DonkeyKong Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 22:26

CaelThunderwing wrote:
qwertymodo wrote:Did you also include track 35?  I'm not exactly sure how the video code works (though it's sitting right in front of me, I'm sure I could figure it out...), but I'm pretty sure the video requires both the 200MB msu1.msu file and track-35.pcm or else it won't play.

yea i have in the folder w/ the rest, "alttp_msu-35.pcm" & "alttp_msu.msu" (200mb)

I've got the patch working and PCM music playing in Higan and I've got the same problem. The music is super loud. Like, crackling and clipping loud, while the game's SFX are barely audible. Does anyone know of a way to set a more reasonable volume on the files either in the bml, a new IPS, or changing the PCMs?

It seems fine in the youtube video so maybe it's something we did?

DonkeyKong
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 22:43

DonkeyKong wrote:
CaelThunderwing wrote:

I've got the patch working and PCM music playing in Higan and I've got the same problem. The music is super loud. Like, crackling and clipping loud, while the game's SFX are barely audible. Does anyone know of a way to set a more reasonable volume on the files either in the bml, a new IPS, or changing the PCMs?

I would check your audio settings in higan. This appears to be a fairly common issue, but my SNES Mini outputs in beautifully.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by DonkeyKong Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 23:04

TheRetromancer wrote:
DonkeyKong wrote:
CaelThunderwing wrote:

I would check your audio settings in higan.  This appears to be a fairly common issue, but my SNES Mini outputs in beautifully.

Unfortunately, the only audio options in higan are volume and which API to use for output. Volume raises and lowers the MSU audio and SFX equally. Changing the audio apis doesn't seem to do anything significant. Maybe this is a bug in higan's MSU support or maybe a bug making the music artificially quiet on sd2snes hardware.

DonkeyKong
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by CaelThunderwing Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 0:19

for me Same thing as DK here, except im using the included version of BSNES

CaelThunderwing
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next