Chrono Trigger MSU-1

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Chrono Trigger MSU-1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Chrono Trigger MSU-1

Post by qwertymodo Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 21:10

Ok, I updated the Chrono Trigger listing in the database. I left a link to DarkShock's version in addition to my own, but removed Ramsis' since it's basically redundant now.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Chrono Trigger MSU-1 - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by thepsynergist Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 21:38

I've been curious about this for a while, however, I was unsure if it was possible or not.

Is it possible to make it so that the second unused battle theme can play if Chrono isn't in your party? My thought was that, since it never got an official use, it'd be cool to use it after the event when Chrono leaves your party, as a way to signify a turning point in the game.

I realize that'd require hacking the rom to allow a check for that, but I was just curious if it was possible.
thepsynergist
thepsynergist
Leever
Leever

Since : 2017-03-18

https://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 21:52

Thanks for the update and the new audio link, that was really necessary Smile

As said frequently, I also want to keep my promise of retiring (wasn't quite successful until now I know Razz ), however therefore a small request: could you please keep track of the database and update it whenever there are news, like finished projects (add  your Mario kart in racing, sf2 to beat em up section when the msu files.are finished, repair broken links, etc... it's the most complete database in the web I think Very Happy thanks!
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 22:08

I'll try, but I'm not very good at keeping up with other people's work. I will definitely be around to make edits/additions if other people bring them to my attention though.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramsis Wed 23 Aug 2017 - 18:52

qwertymodo wrote:I left a link to DarkShock's version in addition to my own, but removed Ramsis' since it's basically redundant now.
Huh? No, you were just too lazy to provide an accurate description for each version for posterity, but whatever.

Then again, the bszelda.zeldalegends.net website has been a horrible mess forever too, so why even care? ... Very Happy

Ugh ... no, I'm not wording what I'm thinking of this place right now. Sad
Ramsis
Ramsis
Newcomer

Since : 2015-06-29

http://manuloewe.de/

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 23 Aug 2017 - 18:58

qwertymodo wrote:Huh? No, you were just too lazy to provide an accurate description for each version for posterity, but whatever.

You're absolutely right, I was feeling lazy that day. Reading over what I wrote, it does kinda come off poorly... sorry about that. If you'd like to provide your own description, I'd be happy to add it to the post.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 23 Aug 2017 - 19:12

If my memory serves, the full list of CT MSU-1 hacks, is:

1) smkdan's 21FX hack
2) DarkShock's audio-only hack
3) Ramsis' MSU-1 update to #1
4) qwertymodo's combination of #2 + #3
5) qwertymodo's audio+FMV rewrite (current WIP)

#1 won't be listed here, as no current emulators support it (unless one of the myriad of bsnes forks out there might).  I'm not even sure if it can even be downloaded anymore.

#4 won't be listed, as I consider #5 a direct successor.  This is what I was really referring to when I called it redundant.  I realize now that really didn't come across.

#3 can be added to the list.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 29 Aug 2017 - 0:06

@Ramsis, I've updated the Chrono Trigger entry in the DB. If anybody is unhappy with the wording of the descriptions, I'm more than happy to edit it again accordingly.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 29 Aug 2017 - 7:49

Huh? No, you were just too lazy to provide an accurate description for each version for posterity, but whatever.

Then again, the bszelda.zeldalegends.net website has been a horrible mess forever too, so why even care? ... Very Happy

Ugh ... no, I'm not wording what I'm thinking of this place right now. Sad
mh, I noticed your provoking behaviour already in the past... it is not helpful.
you have a problem with this page, bszelda or whatever? fine. no need for you to linger here then Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramsis Fri 15 Sep 2017 - 21:32

@qwertymodo
Thanks for your efforts! Very Happy

Conn wrote:mh, I noticed your provoking behaviour already in the past...
Congrats! But no sorry, I won't give in to your implicit allegations but instead continue to call people like you out whenever and wherever I see them.

Conn wrote:it is not helpful.
Exactly, your being provocative and hostile towards me without any gdmn reason hasn't been helpful at all in this discussion so far, let alone in the MSU-1 dev community.

Conn wrote:you have a problem with this page, bszelda or whatever?
No, I have a problem with your treating MSU-1 projects out of your scope, and after learning about them, bitching about how those projects should have followed your time table/agenda, instead of appreciating even once the past (smkdan's "21fx" Chrono Trigger hack should ring a bell) and/or later enhancements (of said 21fx hack). Sad

Conn wrote:fine. no need for you to linger here then Wink
Right.

You are so full of yourself that I have no reason to "linger" here any more ... and don't worry: I won't. Unless you trigger me again, that is (good luck though). Very Happy
Ramsis
Ramsis
Newcomer

Since : 2015-06-29

http://manuloewe.de/

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 0:23

ok, since I have some interest in learning about other peoples' synaptical processings, I tried to retrace what happened.
https://forum.snesfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=15487&p=263694
https://forum.snesfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=14520&start=30

That is 2? years ago. A simple misunderstanding from my side; I thought you and DarkShock made parallel an equal msu1 hack for chrono trigger, therefore I thought it would be better if work and resources are shared, so one hacks this game and another that game instead making two versions of the same game.
I was wrong, you cleared it up that both patches are completely different. So, all good, case was closed for me. Since you for unknown reason took that as personal affront (which it clearly wasn't!), my apologies that I got it wrong!

I however cannot retrace why you justify this to show your disrespectful behaviour here. I do not think this here is a place where you can solve your personal problems. I think, when reading your posts at other forums that you can be a nice guy, but with this behaviour you show, this forum is really no place for you. At least I have other things on my mind, and your problems are not mine.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by xstrike9999 Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 15:14

Hey guys,

I am getting this error when I try to convert the files. I have all the files in the proper folders.

Can someone please help?

Chrono Trigger MSU-1 - Page 4 Edwqe10

xstrike9999
Bee
Bee

Since : 2018-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 17:16

That's the old, outdated track converter. Grab msupcm++ from github along with the chrono_symphony.json config in the source repo.

https://github.com/qwertymodo/msupcmplusplus/releases
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by xstrike9999 Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 17:42

How do I use that?

xstrike9999
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by xstrike9999 Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 18:07

I'm getting the same errors. I have all the files in the proper folders as in the previous screenshot. Chrono Trigger MSU-1 - Page 4 4wr3r10

xstrike9999
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 18:22

Sorry for the brevity, I was (and still am) on mobile. I'm having trouble reading your screenshot, but check the folder names, it looks like your folders are named Vol. 1 (with a dot) and the script is looking for Vol 1 (no dot). Still definitely use the new tool though.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by xstrike9999 Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 20:00

That did the trick. Thank you so much! So, after this I just need the xml file for the hack from this: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2546/

Or do I need something more to play it with the latest version of Higan?

Here's how the files are named:
chrono_msu.sfc, chrono_msu.xml, chrono_msu-1.pcm, chrono_msu-2.pcm and so on

Chrono Trigger MSU-1 - Page 4 4wr3r10

xstrike9999
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 20:20

If you want to play it in higan, you don't need any manifest at all.  Probably the easiest way to get everything right is to delete those .pcm files, then edit the .json file on the line for "output_prefix" and change "chrono_msu" to "track" then run it again.  You'll get a bunch of files named track-1.pcm, track-2.pcm, etc.

Now put them all into a folder and rename the folder anything you want, but it must end in .sfc, e.g. "Chrono Trigger MSU-1.sfc".  Copy the ROM file in there and rename it program.rom, and the .msu file as well, renamed msu1.rom.  Now just move that folder into your higan library directory (default location is %USERPROFILE%\Emulation\Super Famicom).  Once it's there, you should just be able to load it in higan, no manifest necessary.

See here for an example: https://www.zeldix.net/t1504-higan-without-manifests-and-msu1-pack-usage
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by xstrike9999 Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 21:27

So, the folder needs to be named Chrono Trigger MSU-1.sfc?
and the folder needs to contain the original ROM file as well as the modified ROM file, which has been modified via FloatingIPS?

xstrike9999
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 21:47

If you import the patched Rom using higan, higan automatically creates that .sfc folder with program.rom inside. Search for it (user/emulationand/ something), open it, then paste all the tracks-x.pcm inside as well as the .msu file.
Everything should work then.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 21:52

What Conn said works too. If you do it manually like I was saying, you can name the folder anything you want, but it must end with ".sfc". And the ROM must be already patched, don't include the patch file.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by xstrike9999 Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 21:59

This is all so confusing and there are no actual tutorials. I shudder at thinking what will happen if I set out to find how to play this on the SD2SNES that I have ordered or on the SNES9x

I can't figure out what the msu file is that I am supposed to rename msu1.rom. I have renamed the original rom file as program.rom

xstrike9999
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 22:12

Ah sorry forgot to mention, the .msu file has to be renamed to msu1.rom as well Very Happy
Don't give up, you're almost there Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 22:15

The .msu file that needs to be renamed msu1.rom is the video data file. It's a really big file. If you don't have one, you can create an empty file with that name, you just won't get any videos.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 22:20

Here's a link that should lead to the video msu file by qwerty:
https://cloud.home.qwertymodo.com/index.php/s/qWlU1Y8M2d9nRq8

Password: !chrono_intro!
Rename it to msu1.rom and place it into the .sfc folder..
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next