Zelda3 IQ test grand release

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Zelda3 IQ test grand release - Page 2 Empty Re: Zelda3 IQ test grand release

Post by Conn Thu 8 Oct 2015 - 15:51

It starts making fun, got 3 more puzzles solved with the new item! Your mind is incredible inventing such puzzles Wink
Conn
Conn

Zelda3 IQ test grand release - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 8 Oct 2015 - 16:11

Well thank you (it takes a lot of work and time, yes). Also, I believe that in this stage of the dungeon, that you are at, things get more normal.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Zelda3 IQ test grand release - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Thu 8 Oct 2015 - 16:14

Generally the puzzles aren't too bad if you think in reverse, generally the better way of solving these things is you know where the final moves need to be and thus everything has to be at particular places for it to work.
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 8 Oct 2015 - 17:06

Yes, after a while it is predictable, as you know where to place the water blocks and such... you get a feeling.

Well thank you (it takes a lot of work and time, yes). Also, I believe that in this stage of the dungeon, that you are at, things get more normal.
I hope so. Though I really think about you being genius, this hack requires some sort of masochism in a positive sense.
Everytime I get this thought: Alright PuzzleDude!  Let's do this, let's do this! Go into the new room, solve the puzzle, get through the door, fight the boss, get the pendant, kill Ganon, save the prinzess, get a kiss, get happy, only to realize...: wtf, just again another room, more difficult.

To give you an idea of the frustration, watch this Very Happy
(Just making jokes ^^ )

Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 8 Oct 2015 - 18:16

Nice. However you can really get much more frustrated with Kaizo-like Mario where you constantly fall into the pit. In Alttp it is maybe less frustrating by default, since the game is not based like that.

But I guess this hack is nonconventional. Note: when you finish this Block dungeon globally, the worst is over. The very last dungeon is I believe much more user friendly... with some exceptions.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 8 Oct 2015 - 20:36

i see that its rip on romhacking.net. it is really rip for this hack?
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Zelda3 IQ test grand release - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Thu 8 Oct 2015 - 23:38

The moderators are still deciding.

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 0:42

saw this at rhdn

moderator wrote:PS this thread's gone to shit in the day or so I've been absent.

I'm temporarily locking it while the moderator team works out what the f*** to do about shit and stuff. See y'all in a few days!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 3:15

Anyway, half of the thread was people whining about the decision to make it an 8mb exlorom file and the other half was the same bunch of people complaining about the emulators bundled and their DLLs. Not much topic talk otherwise.

Me counter-bitching at all of those people probably didn't help, but I had the time so...
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 3:35

also me make lot of joke over there too Blue4
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 3:45

also me make lot of joke over there too Blue4

That was great because 1) you are funny and 2) the atmosphere there was so toxic. It really was disgusting. It says there were 131 replies (is that right?!?) but I bet there were less than 5 that were about the actual game.
Confused
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 4:57

it is really rip for this hack?
It will never be rip for this hack.

Regarding my included patcher and emus. I would appreciate if everyone would do a simple test and run all the files in the zip through malware-scan and all possible antiviruses, that you might have, and then look at the results (see for yourself who is right).

I can also remove the zip and leave the patch only - this should not be questionable, with the updated Readme.

Namely, there is a Simple way, how the game can be played on a lot more devices (and officially released emus), ignoring my included emus.

131 replies (is that right?!?)
Yes, this is correct. That's what you call balast.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 7:06

Finally finished blocktown - I think it took me about 4 hours total.

That was intense.

Though the block puzzles got less difficult and more "I accidentally bumped into the moveable block and I have to load my progress" at a later stage - especially that dual room one.

The most difficult one? I'd probably say a tie between the ether medallion room, the hookshot room and the water room where you have 4 pushable blocks to get a path to the warp near the end.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 7:11

*creates 8 MB rom*

*the world explodes*

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 8:10

Finally finished blocktown - I think it took me about 4 hours total.

That was intense.

Though the block puzzles got less difficult and more "I accidentally bumped into the moveable block and I have to load my progress" at a later stage - especially that dual room one.

The most difficult one? I'd probably say a tie between the ether medallion room, the hookshot room and the water room where you have 4 pushable blocks to get a path to the warp near the end.
Great Euclid. You finished the most complex part of the game.

And yes, that Dual room requires a lot of patience and a long-time-no-mistake solve.

*creates 8 MB rom*

*the world explodes*
Yes, the revolutionary nature of the mapping really had an odd reaction - note: Fusoya made a same thing in 2003! (TLC, SMW hack is 6MB ExHiROM, which is even more exotic, since Hiroms have a much more complex set-up) and the public had no problems with it for over a decade.

Anyway, half of the thread was people whining about the decision to make it an 8mb exlorom file and the other half was the same bunch of people complaining about the emulators bundled and their DLLs. Not much topic talk otherwise.
I specially liked that part - "your DLL is malware".

Last edited by Puzzledude on Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 12:05; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 9:06

Oh wow, Euclid we can reach hands, just finished it as well, and yes, it WAS intense Very Happy

Zelda3 IQ test grand release - Page 2 Iq_00014
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 9:11

Conn wrote:Oh wow, Euclid we can reach hands, just finished it as well, and yes, it WAS intense Very Happy

Zelda3 IQ test grand release - Page 2 Iq_00014
Congratulations.

The Ganon Tower Awaits (actually the dungeon is called the Rabbit Hole - you will see why).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 9:40

Meanwhile I have updated the first post as well as the one in complete hacks. The new section is this part with the shortcuts:

Download Xdelta PATCH
http://ge.tt/api/1/files/1gauCFP2/0/blob?download

Download New Updated ReadMe
http://ge.tt/api/1/files/1zV0VYP2/0/blob?download

Supported Emulators:
ZSNES (Fusoya), Snes9x 151 (official), Snes9x 153 (official), Snes9x 153 (Fusoya), Snes9x RR, Snes9x TAS, Snes9x GX for Wii, Snes9x for DS, Snes9x for MAC etc.
------------

This should also solve the "incident" over at Romhacking. Since the game now runs in all the above Emus (just read the updated readme on how to patch and play), which should not be against the rules there, and since only the patch and readme are included, we can hope to avoid all paranoia about viruses and malware (all programs needed are now Not included, but rather URL linked in the readme on where to get them).

Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 13:40

ok, got through it, It was great all in all!
Zelda3 IQ test grand release - Page 2 Iq_00016

only bugs I found:
- arrows are hard to get, for Ganon I had to cheat. Could you make a all item refuel room next to the fairies (that cave you also land when thrown down by Ganon)? Get magic, bombs, arrows...
- the key to the room where the helmsaur king is located is not necessary (you can get there also from above after defeating the pit dungeon. You can also get this key first and then fall in the pit, and do not have to collect all 3 keys there. My advice: block the way up with a magic cape bumper, so you need first to go down and fall in the pit, and renounce on the key door.
- Maybe some more hints would be nice (D2 that you need the ...you remember; my advice store the boots in the chest instead the heart container where you need the gloves, instead giving them from beginning) and the last question with the statue I had).

- my bad asm... if you throw the goldstar into the big fairy pond it is lost forever. I fixed that bug in the all-in and complete items, but not in the first foldstar patch you use. Possible fix is to re-apply the complete items patch? It would enable all other items as well, but as long you don't store them into a chest it should be alright. If not, you'd need to send me the original rom and I'll try my best fixing it. - but this one is not easy...
... or the best solution: renounce on the fat fairy, just put the stuff you get from her into chests. That's easiest Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 14:04

Congratulations Conn!! First one to solve it all!

Regarding the bugs:
-arrows and bombs can be refilled in the first dungeon - shortcut. You go left and stock on 8 bombs and lower down there are 6 jars with arrows, and the big magic is in the cave which has a shortcut to the 3rd boss room (there's a big magic jar there).
-to come to the Helmasaur from top, uf, never thought of that, since that path is so long
-boots in the big chest are doable
-throwing Goldstar into the pond and not get it back (never thought of that)
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 14:27

I think with the current setup you do not even have to fight this boss. When you enter the room where you can go the stairways up and down to fall into the pit dungeon:
- you first go up, get the key to shorten the pit-dungeon complex
- then you make the pit dungeon. when you drop down the hole you will land exactly  in the room above the helmsaur, but you can go right and then down and skip this boss completely, if I remember correctly.

Yes, this goldstar was a big issue with SePH's Conker beta. Really better to store chests as long you use my old patches (you could also add some refills when over it editing the room).
Here are the required hex changes:
https://www.zeldix.net/t278-give-silver-arrows-and-or-l4-sword-a-message-when-getting-them-out-of-chest

Also, you maybe should credit Euclid as well in the asm part, dunno how much he contributed, but at least the menu is all his work... Smile
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 19:15

Hmm I must be missing something but I can't seem to find a pegswitch to get the block down after the mirror shield.

Triple checked the dark room and yeah no peg switch.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 19:31

sometimes it's just a hammer tile, they look similar to the orange peg switches... if this won't help please send a screenshot, Puzz is always here to help out Razz (Conn)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 20:03

Looks like the IQ Test is safe at RHDN. The download link works and the queue status is no longer pending.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Fri 9 Oct 2015 - 23:19

I haven't had time to play the hack a lot but tonight I managed to play it again and I'm still in the block puzzle area and made a lot of progress. How long is this hack? So far I'm at the part where you have blocks that create water and block tiles.

Zelda3 IQ test grand release - Page 2 Kh0Mnih

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next