Gradius III

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Gradius III - Page 5 Empty Gradius III

-  Patch  -

Patches for US/JP v3* (by PeV):
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8018phnwarqoxci/Gradius_III.zip/file
*Support for Vitor's SA-1 patches included. Please review readme file for details. Readme updated 02/10/2024.

-  PCM Packs  -

Arcade (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/wr42VBga#uKLVSI5Ysq1zW-lxtLUHMjHHTEHy3cnYIHL52n-jidI

X68000 MIDI Power Arranged (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/YqJ23BCL#hGaNYAGf8e1sQ2RJK4ili0xXRFgV-F3qj2IbBVtIKpk

Option Fire NES Version (by Arasoi):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/JTElTKyD#Xj_7ohCeO-_yVWOTI-qn57AtXqfrJFxK9K8f5HfSak8
YouTube Preview

Kurrono's "Arranged" Pack:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LZFAkuoDNn2kTOlZ-SyPxU0GUScVG8g3

-  Track Map  -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rIj67MBZWKlAn4vG8sgVbgDc3ef8gFBfWJXMgnL9DTU

Last edited by pev on Sun 11 Feb 2024 - 15:52; edited 41 times in total
pev

Gradius III - Page 5 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Gradius III :: Comments

Conn

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 17:20 by Conn

As said in the dm... This wasn't my intention at all. It was only out of curiosity. I took Vitor's patch.bps, and the latest 1.7 and extracted a patch in 2 seconds work.
Your revision is absolutely needed imo, I made first the dirty fix since I didn't know when (better: if ever) you have time...
With the revision you made we'd have a clean source code at last again. Sorry if I upset you Sad

I also don't even know where to get the std and org patch and all that stuff, this never was really my project Smile

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 18:10 by alex_tenjo

After a quick test I can confirm that it is working (at least for the std version).

However, there is something strange: I had previously tried to extract the MSU1 part of the merged patch (I think it is more or less what Conn made), and even if I think the value between 0x007FD7 and 0x007FD9 are suspicious, I patched and test the ROM with the MSU1 code only. Results are not good, the game is not playing the right song and I ended my previous attempt here thinking that I faced some kind of mistake that I will not be able to solve on my own.
Then, I got the exact same result using the extraction made by Conn, so I decided to go further and trying to apply the SA1 Japanese patch over the MSU1 to finish the ROM. Once done it is now working as intended, what should mean that a part of the SA1 patch seems to be necessary in order to make the MSU1 code working properly.

I am very interested in your code pepillopev to try if I can make it working as a standalone MSU1 patch and then mix it with the SA1 without issue.

Thanks you both for your patience and time.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 18:25 by Conn

Interesting, but nice that you think about the same solutions as I do to help yourself. I think Pev re-coded from scratch - so his new code is clean and can better be ported to the japanese version.

and even if I think the value between 0x007FD7 and 0x007FD9 are suspicious
That should only be the ingame-header checksum, no need to ever worry about these bytes. I always forget to fix it in my patches just alike I never do any proper documentation  Woot!!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 22:24 by pev

@alex_tenjo Source code for stock and origin sa-1 version of Gradius III. I will give you some time to attempt to port to regular sa-1. Honestly, it is not that difficult (not much was changed other than RAM locations). I did a full play through on both patches from this new source and it worked flawlessly for me.

Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgP3JzxSpofUgS6vwgpmd7QG2Mv1?e=wsT7Jb

@Conn Sorry for my temper tantrums. Other things beyond my control (ie, last minute work shit on my vacation) have put me in a bad state of mind. Did not intentionally mean to pass this along.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Fri 31 Dec 2021 - 3:02 by alex_tenjo

It is working exactly as intended. To save both of your time, I have attached an archive with all the patches done.
There are two folders with two sub-folders within for both.

MSU-1/IPS_Muli-Region : There is an IPS with the checksum remove because it can be use on the JPN or US ROM.
MSU-1/BPS_Localised : There are two BPS, one for the JPN and one for the US ROM, with both checksums corrected.

MSU-1-SA1/IPS_MSU-1_Base_Muli-Region : There is an IPS with the checksum remove because it can be use on the JPN or US ROM. That patch can be use in case of an update of the SA1 part.
MSU-1-SA1/BPS_Localised : There are four BPS, one for each each region and for the standard or origin SA1 versions, with all their checksums corrected.

One last thing (I think nothing can be done otherwise you might have already handle it), I have noticed half a second of freeze on each MSU track change on the SA1 version. I have observed it on real hardware and the same thing occur with the previous merged patch.

Thank you for providing me the source of your new patches.

-- link removed to avoid confusion with patch at the top --

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 31 Dec 2021 - 5:28 by Conn

Wow, this progress is awesome Smile
I am just too confused already with all the versions to merge pev's asm in one folder with your patches to add it to the first post, but we are close to finish it for good I think.

I'd think only a brief readme and the usual msu file is needed to finish it up and call it a day Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 2 Jan 2022 - 14:23 by pev

@ToAll Gradius III updated to V3. The patches are no longer merged. Please reference the readme file for instructions relating to Vitor's SA-1 patches. The current track maps are unaffected.

@Relikk But, I mapped track-0 to the konami logo BTW. If it is missing, SPC fallback will kick in.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 21 Sep 2022 - 13:17 by TwinFami

Patch needs to be updated to support the updates made to the SA-1

https://github.com/VitorVilela7/SA1-Root/releases/tag/v1.8

Just tried to patch Gradius III with the MSU1 patch after applying the updated SA-1 patch and it won't let me.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 21 Sep 2022 - 15:03 by Conn

I attached Sa-1 v16 to this post which is compatible with the msu patches.

Try the following:
- make a copy of gradius
- apply SA-1 v16 on it (find it in attached zip file)
- - you will get a rom called e.g. Gradius-III-Origin-USA-v16.sfc
- apply the correct msu patch on Gradius-III-Origin-USA-v16.sfc , e.g., Gradius III (USA) SA1-MSU1-V3-CRC_D8EC2C36.bps
- - you will get a rom called e.g. Gradius III (USA) SA1-MSU1-V3-CRC_D8EC2C36.sfc

open lunar IPS (find it in attached zip file)
- click create IPS patch
- as unmodified rom choose Gradius-III-Origin-USA-v16.sfc
- as new modified rom choose Gradius III (USA) SA1-MSU1-V3-CRC_D8EC2C36.sfc
- safe the patch as gradius-sa1-msu1-compatible.ips (or whatever)
- apply this patch to the gradius rom prepatched with the latest SA-1 patch

The reason for this is, that IPS ignores the checksum in contrast to BPS, so the extracted IPS should be compatible with Vitor's latest work.

I ask pev whether he either
- releases the SA-1 versions as IPS or
- hand over the asm to vitor so he can built a msu version of his sa-1 patches
- updates every time a new sa-1 is released
- f' it and use v16 only Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 21 Sep 2022 - 16:08 by Conn

I just spoke back with qwerty, he told me a trick how to patch with bps via command line with flips:

Code:
flips --ignore-checksum --apply patch.bps rom.sfc

So you can apply bps just alike ips. Find flips here:
https://www.smwcentral.net/?a=details&id=11474&p=section

I also opened a git FLIPS issue to have this option in a further release, let's cross fingers they implement it:
https://github.com/Alcaro/Flips/issues/49

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 23 Sep 2022 - 15:19 by Conn

I spoke back with pev and we decided to have the SA-1 patches in ips format to allow compatibility with upcoming Vitor releases.

Code:
https://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/gradius3_msuPatch_v3.zip

The SA1- patches are in a corresponding subfolder now

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 7:24 by Relikk

Arcade set has been updated with tracks for Accident Road, Dead End Cell and Lucky Zone (tracks 16, 24 and 26 respectively).

Back to top Go down

Arasoi

Post Wed 25 Oct 2023 - 3:40 by Arasoi

Here is a pcm pack for the Option Fire 2A03 album by Wally Chantek.

Code:
https://mega.nz/file/JTElTKyD#Xj_7ohCeO-_yVWOTI-qn57AtXqfrJFxK9K8f5HfSak8

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 25 Oct 2023 - 3:59 by Relikk

Thanks. Added to the first post.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 7 Feb 2024 - 6:49 by wellinton360

Hi friend, I did the procedure of applying the MSU 1 patch, it worked, but when I apply the SA 1 patch I get an error, and if I do the reverse procedure I don't get the MSU sound from the arcade like you did?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 7 Feb 2024 - 6:54 by Relikk

Use the combined MSU1 and SA-1 patch (from the SA-1 folder in the archive) on a fresh ROM and try again.

Gradius III - Page 5 IBG6qvF

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 9 Feb 2024 - 9:28 by wellinton360

Relikk wrote:Use the combined MSU1 and SA-1 patch (from the SA-1 folder in the archive) on a fresh ROM and try again.

Gradius III - Page 5 IBG6qvF

Thanks for the answer, but it's strange that I applied this patch and still the audios are not in msu-1, I was applying it to a USA rom, I used floting ips, and lunar ips and I had the same result. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 9 Feb 2024 - 9:39 by Relikk

Post a screenshot of your Gradius III folder.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 10 Feb 2024 - 8:17 by wellinton360

Relikk wrote:Post a screenshot of your Gradius III folder.
Gradius III - Page 5 Sem_tz11

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 10 Feb 2024 - 9:01 by Relikk

Everything seems to be in order.

What is your setup? Are you using an emulator? Flash cart? What's your base system if you are using a flash cart?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 10 Feb 2024 - 9:54 by wellinton360

Relikk wrote:Everything seems to be in order.

What is your setup? Are you using an emulator? Flash cart? What's your base system if you are using a flash cart?

I test both on the snes 9x and on the super Nintendo through sd2snes, in both cases only using the msu1 patch they work normally, or if I use the SA1 patch alone it also works normally, now I don't know why both together are not working, I have a f-zero rom already with msu+sa1 patch that works on both the emulator and sd2snes smoothly, maybe I'm wrong with something.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 10 Feb 2024 - 10:30 by Relikk

If it's an original SD2SNES, the version before the Pro, then it won't work. SA-1 + MSU1 was only available on the larger FPGA that was used in the Pro version. The F-Zero you mention is probably a FastROM + MSU1 combo, that works fine.

I'll test it myself in a while.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 10 Feb 2024 - 12:26 by wellinton360

Relikk wrote:If it's an original SD2SNES, the version before the Pro, then it won't work. SA-1 + MSU1 was only available on the larger FPGA that was used in the Pro version. The F-Zero you mention is probably a FastROM + MSU1 combo, that works fine.

I'll test it myself in a while.
You must be right, that's right, I'll test it on another emulator that's more specific for this, anyway I really appreciate your help.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 10 Feb 2024 - 14:39 by Relikk

Its seems there is an issue with the combined patches. It's being investigated.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 10 Feb 2024 - 16:08 by Relikk

Patch link has been updated by Pev. Read the Readme for instructions.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next