Code:
https://mega.nz/file/oz5miKLL#zi4PmVdj-KCgBWmZmmXccHgGitivxuXm_SuNhPI9x1I
v8: support for Dr. Light Theme
v9, music resumes after Dr. Light spoke

PCMs:

MET (Krzysztof Slowikowski) 2019 Remastered X2 Version 2 by JUD6MENT:
Code:
Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w3y11ka80x17ijk/MMX2_Covered_by_MET_V.2_2019_Remastered_by_JUD6MENT.zip/file

Mirror Download:
https://archive.org/details/mmx-2-covered-by-met-v.-2-2019-remastered-by-jud-6-ment
YouTube Preview

TheLegendOfRenegade Sega Mega Drive/Genesis YM2612 Style PCM's by Relikk:
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouwnfmpWB3m0Gd1Xli

Mega Man X2 (-21dB):
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?7202mti9lx8bodr

Mega Man X2 MSU-1 2019 Alt Version by R1ggles
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/Y2JQDByT#sgZGrnT6vcteXYCwXR3Mi7WN2ed15jG2C9oAKJ5RQqo

Dr. Light Theme collection by JUD6MENT:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/zbgTQQaY#FXw0t3bZyE1RkMHNEC-EnLAtb1jQl6j2pb-hmFTkfKU
(just add theme 91 from the X2 version to the pcm set you can download below).

Last edited by Conn on Fri 17 Dec 2021 - 4:52; edited 38 times in total
Conn
Conn

Mega Man X2 - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Mega Man X2 :: Comments

Post Sat 4 Apr 2020 - 12:22 by pev

@Conn Hey, your patch link is dead. Do you have a copy so I can post it on my end. Unless you want to re-host it yourself.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 4 Apr 2020 - 13:13 by Conn

Oh my it was flagged as abuse. I renamed it and uploaded it again. Let's see if it works. I think google bots actively search for specific strings in files for illegal content. Could be mmx, msu1...

Unfortunately, bszelda account is always blocked, and I got tired to ask the admin of zeldalegends over and over again to re-open it.

If the problem persists, I'll happily get back at you pev Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 4 Apr 2020 - 18:41 by Conn

Google Drive simply hates megaMan, it is removed again, so I hosted it at mega.nz

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 6 Apr 2020 - 4:22 by Conn

Brief update, I found a small bugsource which could ease the delays a bit and make it closer to the original version, however it is not as fast as DS old patch, but the sfx are fixed.
Also the dr.light theme for the japanese version did not work, this is fixed as well, v8 in first post.

The Krzysztof Slowikowski links for X1,X2,X3 have been flagged by goolge once again, Jud6ment will hopefully find a better host soon (e.g., mega.nz).

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Mon 6 Apr 2020 - 7:53 by JUD6MENT

Yeah, recently got more flags, like x3, and even my not active links of the old versions before dr light theme got was added. Ouch..... I might have got an account delete if it was all on one drive, but the download links are spread across 3 accounts. I got some serious homework to do so i can not be slowing down my internet with new links uploads, but i will get new links up soon. I need to eventually get rid of all drive links to be safe, i would hate if my account got deleted.

Conn wrote:Brief update, I found a small bugsource which could ease the delays a bit and make it closer to the original version, however it is not as fast as DS old patch, but the sfx are fixed.
Also the dr.light theme for the japanese version did not work, this is fixed as well, v8 in first post.

The Krzysztof Slowikowski links for X1,X2,X3 have been flagged by goolge once again, Jud6ment will hopefully find a better host soon (e.g., mega.nz).

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Mon 6 Apr 2020 - 14:17 by alex_tenjo

@Conn Thanks for your last version and for taking time to improve compatibility with the Japanese version.

There is only one conflict (between your patch and JP ROM) that remains with your version 8 at 007FDF (value 09 in US original ROM, 85 in JP original ROM, value 64 once patched).
Of course the patch is not initially design for Japanese version and I also have no idea if the above value change something.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 6 Apr 2020 - 17:07 by Conn

No worries about that, this is just the checksum for the game (DS fixed the checksum, which is needed if you change a single byte), but I am most often too lazy to care about. It works also with corrupt checksum.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Mon 6 Apr 2020 - 18:25 by alex_tenjo

My bad, I feel very sorry for that, I used to check that by myself but I completely forgot to do it for that one... not very smart from my side.

Thank you very much for pointed that to me. I have updated the MSU1 Region Compatibility topic which only gather 100% no conflict patches (not sure it is helpful for a lot of people but I maintain it).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 7 Apr 2020 - 5:18 by Conn

I updated to v9, if you play on an emulator incapable of msu (no msu file present or old) the spc didn't play.

I also checked the executed code, to check the delays, it behaves from the code like the original version now. I do not know, maybe one should playtest whether they are still present (not in comparison to DS patch, he didn't load the sound engine, so the sfx bug happened but therefore was indeed fast), but in comparison to the original megaman.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 12 Apr 2020 - 5:23 by Conn

@ Jud6Ment
Since I have 50 GB additional space through my Mega.nz account I hosted all your X,X2,X3 Krzysztof Slowikowski sets myself.

Let's see how long it works Sad
Links are updated Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 25 May 2020 - 21:00 by VVV18

Hi people...
The link (R1ggles) below is out

Mega Man X2 MSU-1 2019 Alt Version by R1ggles!

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 25 May 2020 - 21:27 by pev

@VVV18 Fixed. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 25 May 2020 - 21:38 by pev

@VVV18 Seeing as I have a strong feeling you are downloading everything, lol. Why not make a list of what links are not working and PM this to me. This way I can fix them instead of waiting on you to hijack every forum with broken links, lol. This would be beneficial to both of us.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 25 May 2020 - 23:12 by VVV18

@pepillopev
Exactly!!!

I'm downloading everything, one by one ...
All the bad links I'm asking to fix!
Thank you very much, friend.

(Google Translator Here, ok )

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Tue 26 May 2020 - 0:00 by JUD6MENT

You had me nervous VVV18, I thought my link would be broken yet again until I went to the comment section. I have not had the best luck with Megaman links.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 7 Jul 2020 - 19:23 by Conn

updated to fix sd2snes resume:
Reason is the resume $2007:04 in sd2snes which qwerty found out while working on zelda LA DX.
If you want to resume a currently played track somewhen later you make a LDA #$04 : Sta $2007

On sd2snes it takes a time to transfer the resume location, so if you immediately make a STA $2004: newTrack, the resume info might get lost.

To overcome I added this loop:
LDA #$04
STA $2007
loop41:
LDA $2000
AND #$10
BNE loop41

Back to top Go down

Nicholas

Post Sat 11 Jul 2020 - 15:13 by Nicholas

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/5614/

This just dropped. But incompatible with the current MSU-1 patch. The Japanese version without the new English patch always worked fine before this.

Japanese X3 is now broken with the current SD2SNES resume patch.

I also recently made MMII GB audio PCM set if it's ever possible a patch could be made for that game.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 11 Jul 2020 - 15:40 by Conn

We do not have a source code from X2. Pev reversed engineered the source for X1, so we could make it compatible to hersaki and others.

Japanese X3 is now broken with the current SD2SNES resume patch.
This isn't possible unless I malcoded anything. But I provided it in bps, therefore it is now incompatible with the japa.
Download
https://mega.nz/file/drpDBQIK#aQQGk-q6d-JWJY3WVv4Wmr6GnTAfzYIEuMO2m7MM0Zs
again, now you find a mmx3_drlight_msu1.ips (next to the bps) which should be again compatible with the japa version (also added a ips format in the MMX2 folder).

Edit:
Just looked into X3 msu code, and it was never really compatible with the japa version, at least it overwrites native code. Also DarkShock's old patch does this.
Yeah... I see no point porting this patch (which is hard without source). I reject such things, because we cannot provide patches for every pal/Ntsc version ever existed.
All original darkshock patches are preserved in the subfolder "oldDS".
I only tinkered on dr.light, the new sd2snes resume fix shouldn't have any effect at all (it's 7 additional bytes that effect nothing on emu). You always can compare with the original darkshock patch.

Back to top Go down

Nicholas

Post Sat 11 Jul 2020 - 17:22 by Nicholas

I can confirm that bps was the problem like you said with the other regions. What, BPS has some sort of ROM CRC detection? Pretty annoying. I ALWAYS preferred IPS more. Mad

Sorry. It's just a user preference thing because the localized scripts for these games, specially 2 and 3 are just awful to me.

Japanese X2 is perfect just like before. Though, when I tried Her-Saki's translation patch. It was working until the opening cutscene happened.

Japanese X3's Dr. Light Theme for the patch was never added like it was for the Japanese version like you did for X2. I know I'm a pain asking again and I apologize if you don't approve of the other regions. I know you're retired or probably working on other things. It's not a big deal though in terms of not having it anytime soon, because I always go back to the Zero Project when I play the MSU-1 version. I usually go Japanese when I play the original version.

Thanks for the hard dedication with the patches for these games, you and pev.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 11 Jul 2020 - 18:28 by Conn

bps has the advantage that it patches both header and headerless roms (no need to remove header, I'd hope ips had that automatic detection).
The biggest advantage is that you can't patch the wrong roms. There are penty of rev1,2 us, jap, ger, fra, eur. Also remakes SF2:WW, SF2:Turbo, SF2: TNC... so some games have more than 6 different versions, some header, others not, it's a mess. Confused
bps clearly has an advantage here.

The disadvantage is that you cannot mix patches. Like msu and a translation. Therefore we provide mostly ips.

Japanese X3's Dr. Light Theme for the patch was never added like it was for the Japanese version like you did for X2. I know I'm a pain asking again and I apologize if you don't approve of the other regions. I know you're retired or probably working on other things.
Sorry I do not get the meaning. If I get you right you are requesting a msu patch that works for japanese MMX3?
Probably I need to disappoint. I get every day pm:s and topic messages, and bug reports and new pcm sets, and so on... I am a bit overloaded.

Back to top Go down

Nicholas

Post Sat 11 Jul 2020 - 19:21 by Nicholas

Conn wrote:Sorry  I do not get the meaning. If I get you right you are requesting a msu patch that works for japanese MMX3?
It already works and is compatible for Japanese X3.

The Dr. Light Theme music does not work on the Japanese version of X3. You were able to add it easily so it was compatible with Japanese X2 a few months ago. Just was wondering if you could do the same for X3. Not a whole new patch. Not in a rush for it to happen.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 11 Jul 2020 - 19:29 by Conn

Uh? I never added it to Japanese X2, only x1 support Japanese, since we have the source.
If Dr.light msu works with Japanese X2, this is sheer luck that it shares the same hook... Or can you quote where I exclusively added this "easily" to x2?

From my memory I never touched japa X2 or X3, only x1.
I will look tomorrow though, late here in Germany and I fixed another bug in dkc2 2 minutes ago. Also no source nor my hack Sad

Back to top Go down

Nicholas

Post Sat 11 Jul 2020 - 19:42 by Nicholas

Check our PM discussion. I think you implemented it to X2 for me and that’s why it was working on X2 Japanese.

Please take your time. Not in a rush.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 12 Jul 2020 - 5:01 by alex_tenjo

The current MSU1 patch is natively 100% compatible with the Japanese version because they luckily share same hooks (check https://www.zeldix.net/t2046-msu1-region-compatibility if you want to get the CRC you should obtained once corrected). All you have to do is to create an ips patch using a file patched with the bps and apply it to the Japanese ROM.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 12 Jul 2020 - 6:58 by Conn

I get so many pm:s that my inbox is always full. I need to delete old conversations regulary.
Yes, I checked X2, it is indeed compatible with Japa. So this is off list.

Since it affects X3, let's continue here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1441p25-mega-man-x3

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next