Ninja Gaiden Trilogy

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy - Page 4 Empty Ninja Gaiden Trilogy

PeV Patch v2.3 [2019.01.18]:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oc0v6nwicd7wb8l/ngt-msu1-patch-pepillopev-v2.3.zip/file

Track List [2019.01.18]: Link

PCM Packs

PepilloPeV Packs:
Loop Fixed NES Version v2.3
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/khxs2eek0d0gtyimgmoouz2o0emokdu3
Loop Fixed Hybrid Version 2.3 [artists: Conspiracy83, HPendragon, NES]
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/1dm74te4zujc3y35n9iircobvw5yzhmx

darthvaderx "Shinobi Series" Pack:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Efw2t9LxeSyNU9mpNel7IJ_wT3T710QU/view?usp=sharing
YouTube Preview

Señor Ventura "NES" Pack:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5x4tqvvbd245pwg/Ninja_Gaiden_Trilogy.rar/file

Last edited by pepillopev on Sun 21 Jun 2020 - 16:29; edited 93 times in total
pev

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy - Page 4 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy :: Comments

Post Fri 14 Dec 2018 - 19:12 by Señor Ventura

I'm realizing that in the NG2 some sound effects sounds lower that the NG1. The music has the same level in both games, but the NG2 has soun effects with very different sound levels, and commonly the music seems a bit higher... Should i low the music 1 or 2 db?.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 6:52 by Señor Ventura

I have finded an interesting couple of nes sample packs for the improvement of the ninja gaiden 3 ost, so i will go on this before to continue with batman begins and final fight 2 and 3.

This game doesn't reach the composing quality of the other two ninja gaiden games, and also have a very bad instruments quality, but maybe improving these with new ones, overwriting above, it could result decent.

If anyone knows about 8 bit sample style, i would appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 18 Jan 2019 - 23:27 by pev

@Señor Ventura, @Kurrono I found some other goofy bugs when playing the game. I fixed them and added additional code (mainly re-arranging tracks and adding new ones). Unfortunately, this means your old tracks are no longer compatible with the latest version. For this, I removed them to avoid any PCM compatibility issues.

I updated the Track Map with the version 2.3 changes. Feel free to update your PCM sets. As soon as you get them fixed, I will relink your new PCMs to the top.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 18 Jan 2019 - 23:30 by pev

@Conn Please update your PCM links, as they changed, in your backup sheet accordingly. The patch link remains the same.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 19 Jan 2019 - 3:14 by Conn

thanks for the heads up!

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 19 Jan 2019 - 9:05 by Señor Ventura

Ok, Do you have any change log or something to know what i have to update?.

P.D: I'm still trying to know how to improve the NG3 OST... is really really bad xD

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 19 Jan 2019 - 10:03 by pev

Señor Ventura Yes, the track map at the top of the post. In there you can compare with what you have. By memory (not by my computer), see below:

Ninja Gaiden 1 should be ok, don’t recall changing anything

Ninja Gaiden 2 some tracks loop now and added an additional mute track (boss killed mute, similar to NES)

Ninja Gaiden 3 has the biggest track rearranges and changes (would have to download any of the new sets to see the differences).

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 19 Jan 2019 - 14:30 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:Señor Ventura Yes, the track map at the top of the post. In there you can compare with what you have. By memory (not by my computer), see below:

Ninja Gaiden 1 should be ok, don’t recall changing anything

Ninja Gaiden 2 some tracks loop now and added an additional mute track (boss killed mute, similar to NES)

Ninja Gaiden 3 has the biggest track rearranges and changes (would have to download any of the new sets to see the differences).

But the track map doesn't have all the lines, and i can't see the changes in order to apply it.

About the NG1, apparently it does not necessary to change nothing, but better lets confirm that as soon as possible.

About the NG2, i'm understanding that the order of the tracklist was changed, and one more added (silent track)... but i can't see the tracklist yet.

About the NG3, no problem here, i'm still have to begin that work. Only remastering could be insufficient to show an improvement (i'm searching 8 bit samples based to add these to the original tracks... drums, fx effects, etc).

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 19 Jan 2019 - 14:54 by pev

@Señor Ventura The track list link is working (just tested it). Please re-download the patch and apply it on a fresh ROM to ensure all is well during your PCM re-work. The track list shows the decimal value and the description for said track.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 19 Jan 2019 - 17:29 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:@Señor Ventura The track list link is working (just tested it). Please re-download the patch and apply it on a fresh ROM to ensure all is well during your PCM re-work. The track list shows the decimal value and the description for said track.

Yes, is working, but there is only four tracks.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 19 Jan 2019 - 19:21 by Conn

You are on the ngt main screen tab. Simply click on the other tabs at the top to switch between ninja gaiden 1,2,3

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 19 Jan 2019 - 21:42 by pev

@Conn Ah, now i understand the confusion. Thanks for clearing it up for Señor Ventura.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 11:41 by Señor Ventura

I can see now all those tags just below... i'm very observative xD

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 11:45 by pev

Señor Ventura wrote:I can see now all those tags just below... i'm very observative xD
I'm glad Conn cleared up the confusion for you. I misunderstood what you were trying to explain. I understood you as not being able to see the link.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 13:32 by pev

@ToAll Keep in mind, due to the numerous changes in this MSU-1 patch, some GameGenie and ProActionReplay codes will affect how the game runs on actual hardware. For example, some invincibility cheats for NG2/3 affect the screen scrolling in NG1. Not sure, yet, if this behavior is the same on original non-patched ROM. You have been warned.

UPDATE: I did notice some cheats from, say, Ninja Gaiden 2 or 3 activated and playing Ninja Gaiden 1 (will mess with the game or vice versa). So, this will need some more testing. So, I guess no cheating. lol. This applies to both emulation (only tested bsnes with cheats to reproduce issue for emus) and real hardware.

Last edited by pepillopev on Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 14:12; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 14:07 by pev

@ToAll Ooops, I forgot to add the FX sounds for Gunshot and Plane FX (tracks 9 and 21, respectively). Re-uploading the PCM set as of this message to include these missing tracks.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 15:18 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:@ToAll Ooops, I forgot to add the FX sounds for Gunshot and Plane FX (tracks 9 and 21, respectively). Re-uploading the PCM set as of this message to include these missing tracks.

Ok, no problem.

So, the first 4 tracks are for the title screen, and the NG1 begins from the 5th track until 37, NG2 begins from the 38 until 66, and NG3 begins from the 67 until 91.

Is that correct?.

P.D: One more thing... What's happens if one track is code looped, and patched for looping too?, Then must i leave it without code looping?.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 15:27 by pev

Señor Ventura wrote:So, the first 4 tracks are for the title screen, and the NG1 begins from the 5th track until 37, NG2 begins from the 38 until 66, and NG3 begins from the 67 until 91.
Yes this is correct, I separate them on the track list to make it easier to follow (too many tracks to put on one page).
Señor Ventura wrote:P.D: One more thing... What's happens if one track is code looped, and patched for looping too?, Then must i leave it without code looping?.
If looping is hard coded into the PCM (using wav2msu -l switch) and the patched ROM has this track to loop as well, then, it will loop according to the loop point set by the PCM artist.

If a PCM is not hard coded but the track is set to loop by the patched ROM, then simply, the track will start back from the beginning (if it reaches the end of the music).

Now, for your question, if you do this, what will happen is if your PCM track finishes before, say a cutscene does, you will hear it repeat again from the beginning.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 15:49 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:If looping is hard coded into the PCM (using wav2msu -l switch) and the patched ROM has this track to loop as well, then, it will loop according to the loop point set by the PCM artist.

If a PCM is not hard coded but the track is set to loop by the patched ROM, then simply, the track will start back from the beginning (if it reaches the end of the music).

Now, for your question, if you do this, what will happen is if your PCM track finishes before, say a cutscene does, you will hear it repeat again from the beginning.

So, i can maintain the stage tracks with hard coded loops, but without it for the cutscenes.

The good news are that, as i remember, none of my cutscene tracks are hard code looped.

I will rename all my tracklists and i will reupload it.

I post it here when it's done.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 15:51 by pev

@Señor Ventura You can but if a track (not coded to loop with wav2msu) is too short during a cutscene, you will hear it repeat again for a bit (not good, unless it is seamless transition). But if a track is longer than the cutscene, it won't matter (it won't get a chance to loop).

I do remember, changing some cutscenes to loop since the NES samples were to short. So, be cautious going down this route.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 16:12 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:@Señor Ventura You can but if a track (not coded to loop with wav2msu) is too short during a cutscene, you will hear it repeat again for a bit (not good, unless it is seamless transition). But if a track is longer than the cutscene, it won't matter (it won't get a chance to loop).

I do remember, changing some cutscenes to loop since the NES samples were to short. So, be cautious going down this route.

then, if a cutscene track results to be too short, i can always force hard coding loop, and the result will be good too.

Ok, i hope it will be done without problems.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 16:13 by pev

@Señor Ventura Consult the track list to see which ones loop.

Back to top Go down

MiniComputer

Post Tue 22 Jan 2019 - 22:49 by MiniComputer

It'd be nice to get an updated pcm set.
The old one was good but it had quite a few bugs in it and some random crashing from one of the tracks.

I look forward to running this again over the weekend sometime. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 22 Jan 2019 - 23:01 by pev

MiniComputer wrote:It'd be nice to get an updated pcm set.
The old one was good but it had quite a few bugs in it and some random crashing from one of the tracks.
Yeah, this is why I revisited the PCM set and patch itself. I properly loop fixed the NES sample version as well as the Hybrid one. For the Hybrid, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 use Conspiracy83's remixed music (loop fixed). Ninja Gaiden 3 uses NES samples and HPendragon's remixed music for most of the stages (some are missing). I will add more remixed NG3 music as it appears (not that many out at the moment to make it complete, so NES samples for the missing ones).

Keep in mind, you will have to re-download both v2.3 patch and PCMs to avoid any issues. Patch to a new untouched ROM.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 6 May 2020 - 20:39 by Señor Ventura

I’m functioning with an ipad since a few months ago cause i’m not at home, so, i can’t work in anything... also, my pc is broken too, and when i come back to my house i will need to find a new motherboard, but it will take some time having in mind the actual status with the covid19 in my country.

Sorry for all the inconveniences...

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next