Minish Cap Zelda

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 5 Empty Re: Minish Cap Zelda

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 19:01

Oh, Seph made Tingle from GBA?
Yeah but Puzzle said that he beat me to it (I assumed he meant Tingle's sprites. If I can get a hold of GBA Tingle sprites I'll do it.
The Tingle in Conker is a side character, an NPC, and only has 2 slides for animation. That's all an NPC needs. He is Not done as a complete main sprite.

And I also assumed you meat to use this side character in the Zelda MC hack, where Zelda MC is the main sprite and Tingle the side sprite/NPC, and she'll talk to him.

Making Tingle the main sprite is another story and obviously not done yet.

I'm confused. I thought you were making Tingle and Seph was making Zelda?
This is actually accurate. But note, Tingle as a side character (2 slides only) is already done, and he is replacing the village lady NPC.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 5 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 19:20

Actually now that I think about it a new npc would be cool. It would be like an easter egg lol. I think it'd be cool to make Rosa from Oracle of seasons/Ages a shop owner or something and maybe the other guys that look like her too. I haven't played ALTTP yet so I don't know if there are any recurring characters who you meet throughout the game (like Sheik in OOT.) If so, then maybe I can make Tingle that recurring character. What do you guys think?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2015-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 20:20

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 5 Image21_zpsoofaopwi

^^So far, so good! Very Happy

Started recording but after an hour and forty minutes I stopped! Razz (Conn)

I'll take a thirty minutes break and I'll continue this afterwards!

Founder

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 5 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 20:24

Very Happy It looks amazing! Wow! You did it so quickly too! I look forward to the updates! ^_^

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 22:16

Progress report:

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 5 Image31_zps1kjmfkr8

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 5 Image6_zpsxrqym4d0

^^About a third of the whole sheet is done already.

Some frames were copied to save some time, but barely noticeable in-game, hopefully your girlfriend isn't picky!

Getting sleepy, will continue tomorrow after my last day of work of the week!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 22:37

Wow, a third?! That is awesome! I highly doubt that she'll notice or mind.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 6:25

I haven't played ALTTP yet
?
Like ever? Then you must be younger. I played it the first time, when it was first released. And then around 20 times re-played during the years, until SNES was replaced by another console. And there's no Sheik in the game.

Progress report:
Looks great and done fast to. NinjaGamer I hope you get the point of the process now. See how 16x16 is copied over Link, and Zelda's hair is obviously a lot shorter than original when she is facing up, when she is facing right 2 pixel were reduced etc. This is what ghillie was also talking about when making the MC Link. Some situations, however, need a new pixel-art image, drawn a-new, based on what already exists.

PS
Notice how some sections are actually (16x16)+(8x16) ie 1.5 unit, when the sprite gets "taller", and the head and body can not be separate. While sometimes (like falling down the pit) will take only a quarter (ie 8x8).

PPS
Have you considered what to do on tunic-2 and tunic-3 (I would suggest to use the same pals), as well as the dark world version of the main sprite.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 14:10

How about a purple dress for tunic 2 and another 'girly' color other then pink for the last dress?

Or...a filthy brown dress for the first one, purple for second and her perfect pink dress for the 3rd one?! Razz

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 14:16

Green tunic should be her pink (default) dress, blue should either be like a baby blue (like Rosalina's dress) or purple and the red tunic should be either red, orange or maybe even yellow could probably work. (I personally say red) any suggestions for red is welcome.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 14:24

Actually, the green tunic should be her pink (default) dress, the blue tunic could be a light blue dress and the red one could be red or purple. What do you think?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 18:29

Alright sounds good!

Green tunic = pink
Blue tunic = light blue
Red tunic = red

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 18:30

Yeah! ^_^ That's perfect! :3

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 9:18

NinjaGamer wrote:Actually, the green tunic should be her pink (default) dress, the blue tunic could be a light blue dress and the red one could be red or purple. What do you think?
Actually this is so easy to change, that you can adopt the colour later on, as you like it. I would be much more worried how to handle the dark world version of the spirte, since it seems after you press the map (ie view it and return to gameplay), the pals change for some reason.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 9:23

Wait, does this happen in the demo version you sent me? The one with MC Zelda's head only?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 9:46

NinjaGamer wrote:Wait, does this happen in the demo version you sent me? The one with MC Zelda's head only?
It happens in any Alttp Zelda game/hack. This just needs somekind of a ASM fix or some other fix to tell the game, not to "reset" the pals when you press the map. As you can see in Goddess of Wisdom hack, the bunny has a different dress-colour after you view the map and go back into the game. It is the same in the original Alttp, but I think they have choosen the appropriate secondary pals to avoid this (not sure how they handled this to look ok, despite the pal reset, in the Alttp).

Last edited by Puzzledude on Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 9:48; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 9:48

Oh really? Damn, that's a pain. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 9:53

I believe there are no problems at all, if you use the same palette (ie colours) when drawing the tunic-1 sprite and the dark world sprite (before the moon pearl).

This is not valid for GoW sprite. Tunic-1 uses yellow etc colours, while the dark world sprite is a bunny, which does not use yellow, brown etc, but standard green, purple. So after the map, the bunny turns yellow.

Or in other words, you just need to choose your dark world version sprite (ie bunny) correctly and use the same pal as on tunic-1, and it should be ok.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 17:34

Far from perfect, as many animations are still clunky, but it's progressing alright ^_~

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 18:00

It's looking excellent! You're doing an amazing job! The only animations I'd say looked a tad bit clunky were her arm animations. Her right hand doesn't look like she's holding the shield and she doesn't sway her arms while running (from the back angle). When she's running at the side and front angle it looks like she's flinging her arms up rather than swaying them (like the MC Link animations where he sway his arms). That glitchy room at the end of the video was hard to look at. How did that happen? Other than that it looks great! Keep up the awesome work!

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 18:07

I'll fix her hands and connect the head correctly to the rest of the body once I have changed all frames!

There's no glitched room, I simply turned off the second layer in the emulator to turn off the rain so you could see the sprite better!

Meanwhile...

Very Happy

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 18:12

Oh lol okay. I forgot to add that she looks a bit off when she picks up the grass/bush. I cannot wait to see what she looks like when you've done all her frames. Oohh another update video? Can't wait to watch it! Smile

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 18:17

No worries, No need to tell me all the frames that look weird, I can see them just fine!

I'll do the best I can and then probably release it afterwards. Others are free to improve it if they wish, but at least they won't start from scratch Smile

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 18:23

Apologies! Awesome! I can't wait for the release! I like that you're not gonna compress it so anyone can edit her how they want. Oh, by the way, Puzzledude mentioned a glitch with the colored tunics and bunny. Did you run into any of these glitches with Zelda?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 18:31

No because I haven't made it to that part in the game. This will obviously need more testing, but once I'm done my head switches back to my project, so I'll leave you guys with the testing phase (e.g. if all the objects fit with the hands etc...etc..)! Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 18:44

Oh okay lol. I do apologize from keeping you away from your project. I am really really grateful that you did this. I'll keep a lookout for the release so I (and anyone else) can test it for glitches. The more testers the better! Very Happy

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next