Minish Cap Zelda

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 6 Empty Re: Minish Cap Zelda

Post by Puzzledude Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 6:41

Her right hand doesn't look like she's holding the shield
Do you want to know, how Nintendo fixed this (I suggest the same strategy to be used here). When the sprite is facing up, they actually drew his/her hand so that only the elbow is seen, since if you hold a shield, your elbow points out.

What is interesting, is the side effect. Before reaching the sword and shield (a very small segment of the game), Link is pointing out his elbow, despite the fact, he does not have the shield yet. So someone playing PW noticed this and commented how Link is missing his arm (now we know why, it's not fixable, but like said, it is much better to display an elbow, since you have a shield most of the game).

What's happening here is actually the opposite, the hand is stretched all the time (but like said this can be adopted later).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 6 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 10:58

Ah, I see. Nintendo has a weird way of creating games sometimes. Since they only used one sprite for when the character is facing up, It's not a big deal if she has her hands like in the progress report video that Seph posted. Actually, I'd rather have her sprite the way that Seph made it then I guess.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2015-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 12:10

I'll probably modify the Conker sprite eventually, so its not like that... as there's no shield in that hack...

Founder

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 6 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 14:11

As for the Zelda sprite, I'll make her mimic MC Link hands movements.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Wed 20 Jan 2016 - 0:25

No shield? Do you get a sword? I checked out your hack and It looks like an awesome piece of work! The worlds are so diverse and it just looks smashtastic! Did you somehow implement a way to play as more than one character? Is Conker like the bunny replacement? I definitely can't miss out on the updates! I don't know how you managed to create this. Your hack looks wild! Smile

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Wed 20 Jan 2016 - 0:31

Zelda is coming along very nicely! She'll look great with those animations! Very Happy

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 20 Jan 2016 - 0:58

The shields got replaces by the tails and Conker is the main protagonist.

You start with no tail and bare handed and later both find tails, a baseball bat and three lightsabers... Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Wed 20 Jan 2016 - 1:23

Conker is the main huh? That's actually pretty awesome cause he's a badass. Hahaha! Yeah, just when I thought it couldn't get any cooler you prove me wrong! I mean, come on! Lightsabers?! That's just ridiculously awesome!

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 20 Jan 2016 - 6:30

No shield?
Got replaced by the tail.

Do you get a sword?
Many of them. But no sword ie the fist (ASM hack), is also useful.

Did you somehow implement a way to play as more than one character?
Yes he did, depends on the universe.

Is Conker like the bunny replacement?
No, he is the Link replacement.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 9:45

Just a heads up to tell you I'll probably finish this assignment either tonight or tommorow. I've pretty much finished it all and will redo the hands now.

I still strongly suggest you give the sprite to a real spriter so he improves it, SunGodPortal or Charmander106 are good possible spriters for the job, at least they won't start from scratch!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 17:07

Aw yeah! Awesome! I'll ask them both and see if any of them want to polish your work. In the meantime I'll try to learn how to edit the in-game dialogue so I can make the story match with the protagonist being Zelda.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 17:52

How do I PM someone anyways?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 18:56

NinjaGamer wrote:How do I PM someone anyways?
All the way up on the site, press Inbox, then on the button PM user. Use sent box for sent messages and inbox for received. Or just press the lovable PM button aside user's avatar.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 19:05

Or just press the lovable PM button aside user's avatar.

I wonder why the button below the avatar says "MP" when it's "private message" not "message private"?
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 19:06

SunGodPortal wrote:

I wonder why the button below the avatar says "MP" when it's "private message" not "message private"?
Maybe it is in Latin, which puts the substantive before the adjective. Smile
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 0:07

SunGodPortal wrote:

Looked up the abbreviate "MP" and it stands for a lot of things from Military Police to Micro P***s but nothing pertaining to private messaging. Perhaps a little quirk that needs a fixing. My guess is that the image is for a different language.

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 0:58

Looked up the abbreviate "MP" and it stands for a lot of things from Military Police to Micro P***s but nothing pertaining to private messaging. Perhaps a little quirk that needs a fixing. My guess is that the image is for a different language.

You may be right. I didn't think of that because (even though we have an international user base) everyone here speaks english (except for SeriousDog). I just assumed that the site was hosted by an english-speaking organization.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 9:14

It is actually a french board as default, hence the MP(Message Privé)...could be changed to PM if thats bottering too much!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 16:51

It is actually a french board as default, hence the MP(Message Privé)...could be changed to PM if thats bottering too much!

Naw. Just wondered.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 26 Jan 2016 - 14:20

Changed them to ''PM'' anyways!

And... Blue1

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 6 Image6

This is still unfinished however as I'm only halfway done adding Minish Cap Link's hands!

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 6 Image1_Copy

Walking

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Tue 26 Jan 2016 - 14:48

Wow! This looks incredible!! I like the bunny sprites, are those custom sprites you made? I see there are 2 ALTTP Zelda sprites and one other, what animations are those? You weren't kidding when you said there were alot of sprites, that's a ton of sprites for only half. You work fast! I know I wouldn't have been able to work as fast as you have done. It's amazing how well you've done in so little time! Keep up the awesome work!

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 27 Jan 2016 - 22:07

Here, apply this ips to a v1.0 usa rom of alttp with no header!

http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Minish-Cap-Zelda.zip

It's not perfect and they may be bugs, but that's as far as I'll go with this project! If you want, you can try to get someone to improve it, that's your call really! It's missing the praying frames.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 0:32

Whoa, you finished faster than I thought you would! The colors are awesome! This is really amazing work Seph! Thank you so much! I really appreciate all of your hard work! You're a lifesaver! I will try and edit the praying animations myself if I can. All that's left for me to do now is to edit the text in-game so the story can correlate with Zelda being the main protagonist. When I give this to my girlfriend for her birthday I'll let you guys know her reaction too! Very Happy

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 0:48

If it's not too much of a hassle could someone show me how to edit the in-game text?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 1:22

I'm not sure this one requires a "show" so I will try to explain.

Open the ROM up in Hyrule Magic and double-click "Monologue". Every piece of dialogue (not every piece of text) should be there. They are all numbered. You double-click an entry to make it pop up in the field below. After you've typed in what you want, you hit "set" and then save.

Here's what I think is the best way to test dialogue (since the editor doesn't tell you whether what you've typed will actually fit in the text box or not):

1) Set aside a ROM specifically for testing with a new save in slot 1.

NEVER USE SAVE STATES FOR THIS!! It won't work. The dialogue will appear corrupted after any editing if you try this.

2) Write your text and place it in entry #31 (the very first text in the game, when Link is in bed) in the "monologue" editor, set and save.

3) Open your ROM (I use ZSNES because it's quick easy and not very hardware intensive), fast-forward through the title screen and choose your save file. With everything set up right you can test your text within 5 seconds of saving.

4) Once you have it how you want it with no glitches, cut and paste it into the proper slot of your master ROM.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next