Minish Cap Zelda

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 8 Empty Re: Minish Cap Zelda

Post by Charmander106 Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 5:05

As requested by NinjaGamer, I'm posting my edits to this topic for everyone to have.

Download Here: LINK
Charmander106
Charmander106

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 8 Image213

Since : 2014-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 6:36

Charmander106 wrote:As requested by NinjaGamer, I'm posting my edits to this topic for everyone to have.

Nice.

NinjaGamer wrote:When I try to move Link's uncle into the room right before Zelda's cell a message pops up saying : Not enough space for sprites. What do I do to fix this problem?
You can't. Remove some sprites first. (Actually there is way to have unlimited sprites, but that's a complex method in hex, which also needs an ASM code, better to just remove the uncle in room 85, then you can add one more sprite anywhere).

Last edited by Puzzledude on Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 6:36; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 15:55

Oh okay. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks again guys! I'll go ahead and do that. Like always I'll get in contact with you guys if I run into any problems. Thanks Charmander106 for posting your edit for everyone to have. Everyone should get the chance to play it if they want. Smile

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2015-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 16:14

Charmander106 wrote:As requested by NinjaGamer, I'm posting my edits to this topic for everyone to have.

Awesome! I knew you were the person for the job!

Founder

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 8 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 18:29

Okay so I managed to move Link's uncle into the room right before Zelda's cell but for some reason his sprites were all messed up. The pots and everything works though. Do you have any idea why this might've happened? I mean, I have enough sprites for it so I don't understand why it's giving me issues.

Note : I changed the enemyblk number from 4 to 13 and a message popped up saying : The room header of room 112 is reused. Modify this one only?

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do...

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 18:41

Say "yes" and if it says "no room for header", download and use Lunar Expand to expand the ROM to 1.5 or 2MB and then use the "move pointers > move headers" option in Hyrule Magic to relocate this information to 120000.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 18:42

https://www.zeldix.net/t142-hyrule-magic-v0-964

I would suggest that you download the latest HM version and move the headers elsewhere.^^

And then when you change the enemy blk in that room and get that message again, say yes, only this room.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 19:12

Cool, thanks! By the way when I open the map the emulator stops working. Is there any easy fix for this or would it require something complex like hexing?

Is there a way to make Zelda (ALTTP) stop talking?  She keeps telling.you that there is a secret passage way and she won't stop until you get the sword. It gets pretty annoying.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Charmander106 Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 19:39

Open the ROM in a hex editor, then go to address 3F698 and change the 38 to 18 to disable the beginning message reminder.

- From the Zelda 3 Hacking Compendium
Charmander106
Charmander106

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 20:10

Awesome, thanks! But...what would the name of the hex editor be?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Charmander106 Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 20:23

You can choose any one you want really, I recommend HxD as that is the one I use. Just go to the link below, select your language and click on Download per HTTP.

Link to the Download page: LINK
Charmander106
Charmander106

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 20:29

I also recommend HxD. It's free, easy to use and has a clean and concise interface. It even highlights the changes you make in red until you save (makes it easy to tell what you've changed and what you haven't). Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have table support, but most people won't need that anyway.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 20:50

Sweet! It sounds perfect! I'll download it right now and get started! Very Happy

I can't find address 3F698 I can only find 3F690. Also, if I do find that address then how would I change 38 to 18? There's no 38 in address 3F698. *sigh* I've always hated hex editors..with all those numbers. @_@

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Charmander106 Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 21:32

Hit Ctrl+G, type the address in the window that pops-up and press enter. That should put you at that address, then just type "18" then hit save.
Charmander106
Charmander106

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 21:35

Think of 3F690 as the row and each slot in it is 00, 01, 02, etc. 08 would be the 9th slot (because it starts at 0, not 1).
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 23:01

Ah, okay! That helped, I got it to work! Thanks again guys! That's one less problem to worry about!  ^_^

Hey is there any way to edit the wanted sign so that it shows Zelda's head instead of Link's? I've edited a good amount of the in-game dialogue but describing Zelda would prove to be more difficult than just showing a wanted picture of her.

It seems like the address that I edited in the hex editor yesterday was for the map. I don't get any issues when opening the map anymore. I would like to have Zelda stop telling me to find the secret passage in the beginning of the game. How can I make her stop reminding me?

*sigh* I ran into yet another problem! Sob
2 of the citizens aren't colored correctly. Anyone know how to fix this?

https://i.imgur.com/0UrCXeS.jpg

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 6 Feb 2016 - 23:39

Hey is there any way to edit the wanted sign so that it shows Zelda's head instead of Link's?

Open the ROM in YY-CHR, go to 70000 and change the graphic format to 2BPP GB. This is one of the few things that can be edited without using Zcompress as a middle-man.

It seems like the address that I edited in the hex editor yesterday was for the map. I don't get any issues when opening the map anymore. I would like to have Zelda stop telling me to find the secret passage in the beginning of the game. How can I make her stop reminding me?

Sounds like you got confused somewhere along the way. If you go to 3F498 and change 38 to 18, then Zelda will no longer pester you with that message in the beginning.

2 of the citizens aren't colored correctly. Anyone know how to fix this?

Looks like they are using the palette as Link/Zelda. That I do not understand because I thought they were using the same palette as that one guy's head there which you can see is still the correct color. Don't know what to suggest.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sun 7 Feb 2016 - 1:10

Could you be more specific? How do I go to 70000? Is that an address or something? Actually, if you scroll up you'll see that Charmander106 told me to change address 3F698 not 3F498 so that's why I got confused. He was probably helping me fix the map problem. I'll go and change the address so that Zelda won't talk so much.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 7 Feb 2016 - 1:21

Could you be more specific? How do I go to 70000? Is that an address or something?

Yes. It's an address. And if you open the ROM in YY-CHR the current address is listed at the top. You can either scroll down to that address or hit the "input address" button and then type in the address. Don't forget to change the graphic mode to 2BPP GB.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sun 7 Feb 2016 - 1:37

Okay, I see it. Thank you yet again hah. Smile

Okay! I finally finished all of the in-game dialogue! If it's not too much trouble for you guys could you test it out? Is there a way I can make a patch of it and send it to you guys? The only problem I know of in the game is that the two citizens aren't colored correctly so if anyone can let me know or figure out how to fix this problem then it'd be %100 complete!

I will of course test the game out too but if more people tested it then it'd be easier to find mistakes and whatnot if there are any. It was a long process to edit all of the dialogue but I'm finally done and I feel relieved haha! ^_^

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sun 7 Feb 2016 - 4:31

Is there a way I can make a patch of it and send it to you guys?

Download Lunar IPS and make sure that you also have a clean, unaltered ROM. It's operation will be pretty self-explanitory. It's a rather simple utility.

It was a long process to edit all of the dialogue but I'm finally done and I feel relieved haha! ^_^

I bet. There's a shit-ton of dialogue that for whatever reason is called a "monologue". I spent hours rewriting and testing the dialogue for BCvsG 1.5 and eventually just had to give it up. There were just too many problems that were not worth fixing since I was going to do a remake anyway. LOL
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 7 Feb 2016 - 5:50

Ninja, why do you post 4 posts in a row, with a very few lines in one post. Have you ever heard of the edit button, to edit the same post, which will then have multiple paragraphs.

I will of course test the game out too but if more people tested it then it'd be easier to find mistakes and whatnot if there are any. It was a long process to edit all of the dialogue but I'm finally done and I feel relieved haha!
Nice. Just in time - if I remember correctly, since it is february.

Is there a way I can make a patch of it and send it to you guys?
Isn't that the point of making it.
Open Lunar IPS, select create patch. When asked for original rom, select original Alttp US rom. When asked for modified rom, select your altered rom. Enter name for IPS. Upload IPS to an upload host. Link to address.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sun 7 Feb 2016 - 15:45

@SunGodPortal Yeah it's not worth rewriting the dialogue if you keep running into complicated problems. There were times where I had to stop for a while cause it was getting too frustrating for me.

@Puzzledude I was actually looking for the edit.button earlier before I changed the site to it's original interface. Whenever I type something I usually forget to type all that I want to say hence why I keep posting multiple short lines. I honestly thought I wouldn't finish in time. I stayed up last night just to finish the rest of the dialogue. I've never modded before or made a patch which is why I was asking about it. Thank you guys again! I couldn't have done it without you! Smile I'll upload the download link in a sec.

mediafire download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b7fddd383je91cd/Minish+Cap+Zelda+edit.ips

Last edited by NinjaGamer on Tue 9 Feb 2016 - 18:52; edited 3 times in total

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 18:50

This project is a fine exemple of teamwork done right!

Everybody played their parts well and now we can all enjoy a new player to play as for LTTP!

It's always a pleasure to help people who want to learn and help themselves rather then those always depending on others to do their bidding ;-)

Be sure to report back when you get her reaction!!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 19:16

Very Happy Woohoo!!! Yeah! I feel the same way!! I want to thank each and every one of you for helping me to make this a reality!! Thank you guys so very much!! I really couldn't have done this without you guys. I really appreciate eveything you guys have done to help me! Congratulations guys, we did it! You guys are so awesome and amazing! I can't thank you guys enough! I will definitely let you guys know her reaction!! Smile So? Were there any glitches with the in-game dialogue?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next